Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071707 times)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.0)
« Reply #1605 on: January 09, 2022, 06:29:02 AM »

Personally, I do still feel like some of the terraforming features should require the player gain faction-internal access to some Domain tech supply; it felt Right that you needed a pretty healthy supply of components to actually do the full paradise-level terraform of 7.x, and with 8.0 it feels a bit weird, in-universe, that you can just do it whenever you feel like.

Still, I appreciate all the work you've been putting into this, Boggled. Definitely a mainstay mod of mine, and it helps makes "nonviable" systems on the colony layer interesting considerations for setting up shop in!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: January 09, 2022, 09:33:28 AM »

What if you removed the Fusion Lamp item once terraforming starts, and replace it with a Fusion Lamp condition?

Fusion Lamps have a volatiles demand, and they occupy the special item slot in Population and Infrastructure. Having a condition add volatiles demand and block the special item slot would not be ideal, and I'm not sure the latter is possible without overwriting Population and Infrastructure.

Not really sure why or how but the Parasitic Spores did end up being suppressed fully. I think exiting the game fixed it or leaving my system and coming back in? Just wasn't being updated fully I guess

Ok, thanks for letting me know!

Personally, I do still feel like some of the terraforming features should require the player gain faction-internal access to some Domain tech supply; it felt Right that you needed a pretty healthy supply of components to actually do the full paradise-level terraform of 7.x, and with 8.0 it feels a bit weird, in-universe, that you can just do it whenever you feel like.

Still, I appreciate all the work you've been putting into this, Boggled. Definitely a mainstay mod of mine, and it helps makes "nonviable" systems on the colony layer interesting considerations for setting up shop in!

I'm glad you like the mod! I'm definitely going to expand on DAE in the (relatively) near future and make it more worthwhile to obtain an in-faction supply.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 09, 2022, 10:50:47 AM »

Fusion Lamps have a volatiles demand, and they occupy the special item slot in Population and Infrastructure. Having a condition add volatiles demand and block the special item slot would not be ideal, and I'm not sure the latter is possible without overwriting Population and Infrastructure.
Wouldn't the slot be blocked to that item anyway, due to the conditions it fixes no longer being present?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 09, 2022, 12:44:47 PM »

Wouldn't the slot be blocked to that item anyway, due to the conditions it fixes no longer being present?

Population and Infrastructure can slot both the Fusion Lamp and Hypershunt Tap.

GooseDove

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 11, 2022, 08:05:18 PM »

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can find a version of this for 0.9.1a?
Edit: After forum and GitHub searching, I can confidently say that https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/tree/master/Old/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction the old version of the mod found on GitHub is no longer there. Reason unclear.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 10:04:16 PM by GooseDove »

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 11, 2022, 10:29:17 PM »

Edit: After forum and GitHub searching, I can confidently say that https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/tree/master/Old/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction the old version of the mod found on GitHub is no longer there. Reason unclear.

Just to point out - the whole purpose of Git is version control. Every single version is there, you just have to go back to the commit for the version you want.

It looks like https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/tree/6a94dcdc757e357fdb5996449c02a648a3f1c7e0 was the last 0.9.1a version. You can simply download the entire repository (option is in the green "code" button), pull out the "Terraforming and Station Construction" directory and drop it into mods.

GooseDove

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 11, 2022, 11:13:14 PM »

Just to point out - the whole purpose of Git is version control. Every single version is there, you just have to go back to the commit for the version you want.

It looks like https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/tree/6a94dcdc757e357fdb5996449c02a648a3f1c7e0 was the last 0.9.1a version. You can simply download the entire repository (option is in the green "code" button), pull out the "Terraforming and Station Construction" directory and drop it into mods.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Stroichik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 12, 2022, 05:47:48 AM »

When i run game with this mod i get red message on game load that say something about

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX ....

Is it a problem?

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 12, 2022, 07:21:54 AM »

hi, what is the purpose of Astropolis Station? What should I build there?
I have one mining Station in my home system.... for mining an meanwhile with smelting stuff. Is my best moneymaker at the moment
have also some planets colonies in an other system

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 12, 2022, 09:42:55 AM »

When i run game with this mod i get red message on game load that say something about

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX ....

Is it a problem?

Disable the check for updates feature using the settings file. Your anti-virus software and/or a national firewall may not like Pastebin.

hi, what is the purpose of Astropolis Station? What should I build there?
I have one mining Station in my home system.... for mining an meanwhile with smelting stuff. Is my best moneymaker at the moment
have also some planets colonies in an other system

It has a dedicated market. You can build additional industries or defenses there to concentrate them around a single planet.

TheMadslide

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 12, 2022, 12:33:47 PM »

Hello !
I recently downloaded the new version TSC because of the last Starsector's update.
Then I founded a problem : Starsector does not recognize the TSC(8.0.0) version as the update of (7.1.3) one.

Here is what I get :
Terraforming and Stn Construction (7.1.3) (Last)
Terraforming & Stn Construction (8.0.0) (Enabled)

I decided at first to ignore it, but Starsector crash when I launch it. As you can see in the screenshot.

Can you please help me with that ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 12:38:35 PM by TheMadslide »

TheMadslide

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 12, 2022, 12:39:36 PM »

Here is another screen of the situation (couldn't put it in my last message, too big files).

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheMadslide

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 13, 2022, 01:25:24 PM »

There is no helping it: Both vanilla and TASC aren't save compatible with the older versions you had.

Oh okay, thanks for the information.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 13, 2022, 05:18:14 PM »

Hiya sir!

I received this error when i used the Academy to train an adminstrator with one skill.  Upon completion i see she gained hyper-cognition.

When i clicked on that admin in the manage admin screen, this happened:

222569 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getInt(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAdminSalary(Misc.java:4025)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.OooO.recreate(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.OooO.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.for.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.o0o0.addItem(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.AdminPickerDialog.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.for.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.sizeToInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.AdminPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.OutpostListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)

Any ideas? Ty!

Edit: Found the issue, gotta add the tier 3 to sector core, settings right underneath tier 2.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:16:34 PM by grinningsphinx »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 219