Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070607 times)

Operative85

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1500 on: November 22, 2021, 01:34:47 AM »

TL;DR:

-Thank you for making this mod super modular.
-Suggestion: non-Domain Tech structure that removes Pather Cells and Decivilized condition.
-Basically the functions of CHAMELEON split into two structures.
-Pather Cell remover: demands crew and weapons. Alpha AI Core slightly increases profits (safe colony, profitable colony).
-Decivilized remover: demands crew and food. Alpha AI Core slightly increases growth rate.

==============================================

Hello! Thank you for making this mod AND for making is super modular.

I just wanted to make a suggestion: can you make a non-Domain Tech structure that can remove Pather Cells and the Decivilized market effect? I don't like turning on Domain Tech since it's jarring for me, since I like the fact that the world of Starsector constantly lives in their shadow, and having stuff that only they could've created (even if it's just mere imitation) strikes me as odd. Again, that's just my view, and that's why I thank you so much for making this modular.

For this, I suggest splitting CHAMELEON into two structures. The one that removes Pather Cells should demand crew and weaponry, and the one that removes the Decivilized modifier should demand crew and food. I have no idea what the Alpha AI Core effects should be, though. Maybe increase profits for the Pather Cells-remover structure (since a safe colony is a profitable colony) and increase growth for the Decivilized-remover structure (since players should build this first anyways on decivilized planets, thus helping small colonies grow faster on them and making them desirable to make a colony on).

That's all I have on my mind right now. Again, thank you so much for making this mod, and have a great day.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 22, 2021, 07:26:39 AM »

TL;DR:

-Thank you for making this mod super modular.
-Suggestion: non-Domain Tech structure that removes Pather Cells and Decivilized condition.
-Basically the functions of CHAMELEON split into two structures.
-Pather Cell remover: demands crew and weapons. Alpha AI Core slightly increases profits (safe colony, profitable colony).
-Decivilized remover: demands crew and food. Alpha AI Core slightly increases growth rate.

==============================================

Hello! Thank you for making this mod AND for making is super modular.

I just wanted to make a suggestion: can you make a non-Domain Tech structure that can remove Pather Cells and the Decivilized market effect? I don't like turning on Domain Tech since it's jarring for me, since I like the fact that the world of Starsector constantly lives in their shadow, and having stuff that only they could've created (even if it's just mere imitation) strikes me as odd. Again, that's just my view, and that's why I thank you so much for making this modular.

For this, I suggest splitting CHAMELEON into two structures. The one that removes Pather Cells should demand crew and weaponry, and the one that removes the Decivilized modifier should demand crew and food. I have no idea what the Alpha AI Core effects should be, though. Maybe increase profits for the Pather Cells-remover structure (since a safe colony is a profitable colony) and increase growth for the Decivilized-remover structure (since players should build this first anyways on decivilized planets, thus helping small colonies grow faster on them and making them desirable to make a colony on).

That's all I have on my mind right now. Again, thank you so much for making this mod, and have a great day.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

You can actually disable just the Domain Archaeology industry (not the entire Domain-tech section). If you do, buildings that normally require Domain-era Artifacts like CHAMELEON will still function - they just won't demand artifacts anymore.

luboja1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 23, 2021, 03:57:06 AM »

Hey hello.

I'm a bit new here and I try to figure out how I can add the terraforming, because I dont have this on my tool ability bar.

Any ideas what I need to do ?
I'm sorry but despite the fact that i looked in the guide i dont seams to be able to find the reason why terraforming option do not pop up.
i used to play game with this mod a year ago or something like that and back then i didn't had any problems with this at all, so i would really be glad for solution for my situation.
Thank you :)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 23, 2021, 06:20:41 AM »

Hey hello.

I'm a bit new here and I try to figure out how I can add the terraforming, because I dont have this on my tool ability bar.

Any ideas what I need to do ?
I'm sorry but despite the fact that i looked in the guide i dont seams to be able to find the reason why terraforming option do not pop up.
i used to play game with this mod a year ago or something like that and back then i didn't had any problems with this at all, so i would really be glad for solution for my situation.
Thank you :)

In the current mod version, terraforming is done via the Genelab, not an ability.

The Necrarch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 23, 2021, 12:38:46 PM »

I can't seem to be able to build an Ismara's Sling on an archipelago world, is this intended?  I saw earlier that archipelago worlds seemed to support this.  I can build aquaculture though.

~edit~

I figured it out, for some reason my planet wasn't given the 'water-covered surface" modifier.  In fact, only one planet in my save got it, Volturn.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 12:48:16 PM by The Necrarch »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 23, 2021, 12:57:54 PM »

I can't seem to be able to build an Ismara's Sling on an archipelago world, is this intended?  I saw earlier that archipelago worlds seemed to support this.  I can build aquaculture though.

~edit~

I figured it out, for some reason my planet wasn't given the 'water-covered surface" modifier.  In fact, only one planet in my save got it, Volturn.

I think Unknown Skies doesn't consider archipelago planets to be water worlds and therefore doesn't spawn them with water-covered surface. I was confused by this too when I was doing playtesting!

lovhes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.0)
« Reply #1506 on: November 23, 2021, 10:40:39 PM »

oooooohhh, nice! no more scrounging for EUTECK!
even though i have never managed to play long enough to terraform that way :V

Vivelaraclette

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 24, 2021, 12:32:49 AM »

Hi, first thanks a lot for your mod, always great to have.

Regarding the 8.0 rework, the new version is streamlined and easier (requiring less luck and money) but the one with the genelab and EUTECK was quite an adventure, expensive genelab, the search for the euteck, etc and was more immersive.
It's maybe personnal but linking the terraforming to a new menu option make it less.. special and more "intrusive" to the gameplay as an exterior feature.

edit : due to the lack of additional cost, terraforming is far too easy once you have the structure (solar shade, etc) needed to nullify a planetary feature

Anyway, will ever be a must-have to me, regards.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 02:36:56 AM by Vivelaraclette »

Skullito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 24, 2021, 02:10:54 AM »

I download the new version and each time I try to launch the game. ^^'

Skullito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 24, 2021, 02:23:39 AM »

I already deleted my save on the main game, but after loading until the end of the bar, the game crash again.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 24, 2021, 03:32:07 AM »

I already deleted my save on the main game, but after loading until the end of the bar, the game crash again.

You need to delete the entire Terraforming and Station Construction mod folder before downloading the latest version, otherwise you will get a crash on game load. I'll add a note about this to the main post.

Skullito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 24, 2021, 03:56:56 AM »

Oh right ! My deep sorry for the trouble and thank for the help ! ^^

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 27, 2021, 02:57:41 PM »

I only now established my first colony since the update and just took my first look at the new system and I'm already liking it a lot. It's not as absurdly unconstrained as the point system while not being as limiting as the other systems. Barring terraforming projects behind  specific conditions and structures seems so effective and obvious that it's a wonder why it didn't happen sooner.

That aside, I don't see why the E.U.T.E.C.K. had to go. Going by the starting-maximum resources thing for each planet type, I assume you're encouraging players to create a variety of planets. That doesn't leave much space for paradise worlds, but the device itself doesn't seem completely incompatible with the current system. I don't know how viable this is from a coding perspective, but I could easily see it as a shortcut for the lucky and adventurous: something that lets you partially or completely bypass conditions for a single terraforming project, saving the time that would've been spent building reflectors and processors. Just build a Genelab(coincidentally the fastest-building structure of the three), plug in the E.U.T.E.C.K. and you can start the first project on the planet while you build the infrastructure for the ones that will follow.

Also, I started my game with both "boggledDomainTechInactiveGateConstructionEnabled" and "boggledDomainTechInactiveGateConstructionMainQuestCompletionRequired" set to "true", but I also started with Nexerelin's story skip option, and I ended up not having the ability to build the gates.
I tried changing the latter to "false", but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 28, 2021, 09:03:04 AM »

I only now established my first colony since the update and just took my first look at the new system and I'm already liking it a lot. It's not as absurdly unconstrained as the point system while not being as limiting as the other systems. Barring terraforming projects behind  specific conditions and structures seems so effective and obvious that it's a wonder why it didn't happen sooner.

That aside, I don't see why the E.U.T.E.C.K. had to go. Going by the starting-maximum resources thing for each planet type, I assume you're encouraging players to create a variety of planets. That doesn't leave much space for paradise worlds, but the device itself doesn't seem completely incompatible with the current system. I don't know how viable this is from a coding perspective, but I could easily see it as a shortcut for the lucky and adventurous: something that lets you partially or completely bypass conditions for a single terraforming project, saving the time that would've been spent building reflectors and processors. Just build a Genelab(coincidentally the fastest-building structure of the three), plug in the E.U.T.E.C.K. and you can start the first project on the planet while you build the infrastructure for the ones that will follow.

Also, I started my game with both "boggledDomainTechInactiveGateConstructionEnabled" and "boggledDomainTechInactiveGateConstructionMainQuestCompletionRequired" set to "true", but I also started with Nexerelin's story skip option, and I ended up not having the ability to build the gates.
I tried changing the latter to "false", but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.

I'm glad you're enjoying the new system!

I cut the EUTECK because obtaining it is luck-based, and it diluted the drop tables in a way that many players didn't like. It also added complexity to the terraforming system, and changing its role once again would create a lot of confusion.

Thanks for letting me know about the Nexerelin story skip issue. I'll look into fixing this for the next patch.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 219