Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 221

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1094319 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1485 on: November 03, 2021, 04:16:40 PM »

is there any way to build a Coronal Hypershunt

No. I may add this as a non-default option in the next update though!

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 11, 2021, 07:53:01 AM »

Did this mod use to change the planets in Penelope's Star to be easily terraformable with a lot of the infrastructure already set up?

I don't think you can terraform Ogyigia anymore since its a barren world that isn't habitable. Or am I wrong?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 11, 2021, 08:29:00 AM »

Did this mod use to change the planets in Penelope's Star to be easily terraformable with a lot of the infrastructure already set up?

I don't think you can terraform Ogyigia anymore since its a barren world that isn't habitable. Or am I wrong?

With default settings in the current mod version you cannot terraform Ogygia. That will be changing in the next version of the mod, which I hope to release this month.

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 11, 2021, 11:31:36 AM »

With default settings in the current mod version you cannot terraform Ogygia. That will be changing in the next version of the mod, which I hope to release this month.

Cool! Penelope's Star always had a soft spot in my heart as 'the' player colony. Could you give some details as to what you are going to do with it? Are the planets all going to have fixed features and/or special features?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 11:34:39 AM by StarScum »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 11, 2021, 11:42:22 AM »

Cool! Penelope's Star always had a soft spot in my heart as 'the' player colony. Could you give some details as to what you are going to do with it? Are the planets all going to have fixed features and/or special features?

The Penelope's Star planets will not have special features, but barren planets like Ogygia will be possible to terraform with default settings.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 11, 2021, 01:11:48 PM »

I assumed Duzahk was meant to be the player's base of operations and TaSC always made that a reality.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 11, 2021, 09:46:14 PM »

I assumed Duzahk was meant to be the player's base of operations and TaSC always made that a reality.
IIRC, Duzahk was nerfed in vanilla along with all the other core world systems to rarely spawn any particularly good planets(especially the habitable type) besides the presets, which is fair, since it was pretty jarring to see a system's population centered around barren rocks when there's a perfectly good randomly generated tundra world just chilling in the outer rim.
Even with TaSC and no nerf, you still had luck as a factor. Pre-0.95a, I saw people share seeds in which Duzahk had multiple habitable worlds, but I myself was lucky to get anything besides just the preset Aka Mainyu and Druj. Penelope's star, on the other hand, never betrays you like that. You expect to find Ithaca, Ismara, and so on, and you get Ithaca, Ismara, and so on.

ArnaudB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 12, 2021, 01:41:09 AM »

I have enjoyed this mod a lot. It opens some possibilities for long-term plays. It's a learning experience.

I do think prices could be halved across the board. Structures costs so much money that you pretty much never get it back (at least, not for me who play "winning" games in Nexerelin), so it's a pure money sink and you can't rush-terraform a planet early-game.
On the other hand, the terraformingi tems are worth too much money. I can make so much selling them, knowing I can buy them back anytime I want, which I don't end up doing because a 400k+400k pricetag for a chunk of the terraforming is hefty.

Maybe a multiplier for costs that can be customized? I understand players who truly enjoy the sandbox experience might not mind the costs, but as I try to play quicker games that rarely last more than 2-3 cycles, it's a tad pricy.

I really like being able to change the planets look, and being able to turn some planets from worthless into mildly usefulness.

Thank you for your work!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 12, 2021, 02:26:27 PM »

I have enjoyed this mod a lot. It opens some possibilities for long-term plays. It's a learning experience.

I do think prices could be halved across the board. Structures costs so much money that you pretty much never get it back (at least, not for me who play "winning" games in Nexerelin), so it's a pure money sink and you can't rush-terraform a planet early-game.
On the other hand, the terraformingi tems are worth too much money. I can make so much selling them, knowing I can buy them back anytime I want, which I don't end up doing because a 400k+400k pricetag for a chunk of the terraforming is hefty.

Maybe a multiplier for costs that can be customized? I understand players who truly enjoy the sandbox experience might not mind the costs, but as I try to play quicker games that rarely last more than 2-3 cycles, it's a tad pricy.

I really like being able to change the planets look, and being able to turn some planets from worthless into mildly usefulness.

Thank you for your work!

The industries.csv file and the settings file allow the player a lot of customization options for terraforming credit costs. Are you looking for an option that's not possible currently?

I realize that for players with Nex installed the terraforming costs may seem high relative to the cost of paying for a fleet to invade existing colonies. I don't want to modify the costs based on the player's mod list, so I think the best solution is to tune the costs for vanilla and let the player change them if they wish.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 14, 2021, 01:52:34 AM »

IIRC, Duzahk was nerfed in vanilla along with all the other core world systems to rarely spawn any particularly good planets(especially the habitable type) besides the presets, which is fair, since it was pretty jarring to see a system's population centered around barren rocks when there's a perfectly good randomly generated tundra world just chilling in the outer rim.
Even with TaSC and no nerf, you still had luck as a factor. Pre-0.95a, I saw people share seeds in which Duzahk had multiple habitable worlds, but I myself was lucky to get anything besides just the preset Aka Mainyu and Druj. Penelope's star, on the other hand, never betrays you like that. You expect to find Ithaca, Ismara, and so on, and you get Ithaca, Ismara, and so on.
True, Duzahk can turn out pretty barren, but even then its guaranteed to have a gas giant, an asteroid belt and a barren world, so Mining Station in the belt takes care of ores, Siphon@Aka Manyiu takes are of volatiles, Hydroponics@either takes care of food, bam, perfect self sustaining system. Post 0.95 there's a free industrial planet to utilize nanoforges and a Catalytic Core, even terraforming is unnecessary and its probably better to colonize the gas giant with a Plasma Dynamo.

Skullito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 20, 2021, 03:32:54 AM »

Hey hello.

I'm a bit new here and I try to figure out how I can add the terraforming, because I dont have this on my tool ability bar.

Any ideas what I need to do ?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 20, 2021, 08:02:20 AM »

Hey hello.

I'm a bit new here and I try to figure out how I can add the terraforming, because I dont have this on my tool ability bar.

Any ideas what I need to do ?

Please read the mod guide in the original post. If you still have a question, let me know. Thanks.

Floorbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: November 20, 2021, 01:53:14 PM »

i love this mod but i need to know from your perspective when you make a planet a paradise how jarring it must me for people who immigrate there to see a world like that.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 20, 2021, 02:48:09 PM »

i love this mod but i need to know from your perspective when you make a planet a paradise how jarring it must me for people who immigrate there to see a world like that.

It might be jarring given the difficult conditions in most parts of the Sector, but Mairaath was a paradise and was destroyed only ~120 years before the current year - given the life extension technology that exists in Starsector lore, it's possible many people will remember it.

Opis and Hana Pacha were also ostensibly terraformed worlds and were destroyed only about ~20 years before the current year, and Gilead still exists, so even people without life extension will remember paradise-like planets.

Floorbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 20, 2021, 06:47:10 PM »

cool thank you for this mod and the work you do.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 221