Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071203 times)

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1470 on: October 21, 2021, 05:55:24 AM »

Can I ask for an ETA for the update? I'll probably start a new game when it hits regardless of whether it's save-compatible or not, and it'd help knowing when to expect it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:58:05 AM by Uhlang »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 21, 2021, 02:25:25 PM »

Can I ask for an ETA for the update? I'll probably start a new game when it hits regardless of whether it's save-compatible or not, and it'd help knowing when to expect it.

I'm hoping to release it sometime in late November or early December, but it depends on how busy I am with work and other obligations. Sorry I can't be more specific than that!

It definitely won't be save compatible though.

yuyush

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 23, 2021, 07:03:57 PM »

hey,
first off big love for this mod.

2nd how can I get to the lobster quest & can you still obtain the Conquest?

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 24, 2021, 12:44:25 AM »

You need to install a EUTECK in the genelab to start terraforming. If you don't want to spend time exploring to acquire one, use the console command addspecial boggled_euteck to get one instantly!

Outstanding, thanks for clarifying! May I suggest making the mod guide a bit more explicit on this? The "you can even install..." bit made me think that the EUTECK was a magical shortcut a la GECK, rather than a requirement for the sling and mirrors to start terraforming. Maybe a straightforward "To terraform desert planets, you need: 1) gene lab w/ EUTECK and orbital mirrors on target planet, and 2) Ismara's Sling on another planet in the same system."

Also, the in-game description of the sling makes it sound like you can start shooting ice with just the sling--it mentions the same-system restriction, but not that the sling does nothing without the other requirements fulfilled.

Thanks again for a terrific mod--it's remarkably well-balanced and adds a fun dimension to the game!

Quoting for newbies. Don't know how long I had the Sling before I found this post. Off to the reaches of Perseus!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 24, 2021, 06:29:40 AM »

hey,
first off big love for this mod.

2nd how can I get to the lobster quest & can you still obtain the Conquest?

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

The lobster quest and the unique Conquest have been removed in the latest version due to new content in the main game.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 24, 2021, 07:29:01 AM »

It might actually be fun to have something more interesting than a Conquest in some future version. Maybe an Atlas or Apogee as designated colony ship? It could reduce amount of machinery and supplies required for colonisation or/and carry spare parts for Domed Cities to quickly assemble them in process of colonisation.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 24, 2021, 08:46:00 AM »

It might actually be fun to have something more interesting than a Conquest in some future version. Maybe an Atlas or Apogee as designated colony ship? It could reduce amount of machinery and supplies required for colonisation or/and carry spare parts for Domed Cities to quickly assemble them in process of colonisation.

I considered implementing a special construction ship that would be required to build stations, gates, etc. I decided to cut it because it didn't really add anything interesting to the gameplay. It also clogged up ship markets by taking up slots, which would be annoying since the player would likely only need to buy one or two throughout an entire playthrough.

chrizeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 31, 2021, 01:59:41 PM »

Been using the mod for ages. I really like it. Came back from a long hiatous and downloaded the newes version of the mod.
I seem to remember there being more planet type terraforming options in the earlier versions, like terran eccentric worlds for example.
Did that get removed, or am i remembering wrong?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: October 31, 2021, 05:36:48 PM »

Been using the mod for ages. I really like it. Came back from a long hiatous and downloaded the newes version of the mod.
I seem to remember there being more planet type terraforming options in the earlier versions, like terran eccentric worlds for example.
Did that get removed, or am i remembering wrong?

Yes, the current version allows terraforming to Paradise worlds only with default settings. You can get the other options back by editing the settings file.

I know the new system has been unpopular with many players and I'm working on (another) revamp of the terraforming system for the next patch that will make it more similar to the older one!

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 01, 2021, 04:26:36 PM »

boggled,

is this
Code
   #Controls how long terraforming takes (in days)
   "boggledTerraformingTime":400,
changeable mid-save? I had already terraformed a planet to Terran, but since it's super close to the star I feel cheaty with "mild climate", and wanted to quickly change the planet to a "hot" jungle w/ solar shades. But when I modified the aforementioned value to 2 days it didn't work?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 02, 2021, 06:59:35 AM »

boggled,

is this
Code
   #Controls how long terraforming takes (in days)
   "boggledTerraformingTime":400,
changeable mid-save? I had already terraformed a planet to Terran, but since it's super close to the star I feel cheaty with "mild climate", and wanted to quickly change the planet to a "hot" jungle w/ solar shades. But when I modified the aforementioned value to 2 days it didn't work?

It should be possible to change it mid-save. Deconstruct the Genelab and rebuild it, then try again. You can use the fastbuild and addcredits console commands to do this instantly. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll look into fixing it for the next patch.

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 02, 2021, 01:51:41 PM »

It should be possible to change it mid-save. Deconstruct the Genelab and rebuild it, then try again. You can use the fastbuild and addcredits console commands to do this instantly. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll look into fixing it for the next patch.
It worked, thanks.

thespy24574

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 02, 2021, 03:32:35 PM »

Does the Kletka Simulator make all AIs created from it completely loyal and unable to rebel? Because in certain percentages the alpha level AI will rebel and whatnot if placed in an admin level position. Does this remove or atleast lower this possibility from happening?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 03, 2021, 02:27:08 PM »

Does the Kletka Simulator make all AIs created from it completely loyal and unable to rebel? Because in certain percentages the alpha level AI will rebel and whatnot if placed in an admin level position. Does this remove or atleast lower this possibility from happening?

No, the AI cores created with the Kletka Simulator behave exactly the same as vanilla ones. The flavor text says "usually" - not always!

Floorbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 03, 2021, 02:41:20 PM »

is there any way to build a Coronal Hypershunt
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 219