Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070162 times)

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1440 on: September 15, 2021, 09:42:47 AM »

My kletka simulator isn't showing any % chance for an Alpha core in the tooltip, it only goes up to Beta. Am I missing something?
Have you got an Alpha Core installed?

Just heard, someone on the discord explained I need an AI core to even get a chance at an Alpha, maybe a hint should be added to the tooltip about this?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 15, 2021, 02:30:02 PM »

Pretty sure it already is, at least when installing cores

It lists the percentages, but doesn't explicitly state that installing an AI core will improve the monthly drop chances. I'll update the tooltip to clarify this.

How do I know if terraforming is working? I've got a waterworld + sling in system with a desert world + stellar mirrors and genelab. I don't see any market conditions (besides the basic stellar mirror one), and the genelab doesn't say that it's working on anything on hover.

I appreciate any thoughts--I've been fooling around with this and reading threads for a while now with no luck.

You need to install a EUTECK in the genelab to start terraforming. If you don't want to spend time exploring to acquire one, use the console command addspecial boggled_euteck to get one instantly!

chet_mcmasterson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: September 16, 2021, 12:32:44 AM »

You need to install a EUTECK in the genelab to start terraforming. If you don't want to spend time exploring to acquire one, use the console command addspecial boggled_euteck to get one instantly!

Outstanding, thanks for clarifying! May I suggest making the mod guide a bit more explicit on this? The "you can even install..." bit made me think that the EUTECK was a magical shortcut a la GECK, rather than a requirement for the sling and mirrors to start terraforming. Maybe a straightforward "To terraform desert planets, you need: 1) gene lab w/ EUTECK and orbital mirrors on target planet, and 2) Ismara's Sling on another planet in the same system."

Also, the in-game description of the sling makes it sound like you can start shooting ice with just the sling--it mentions the same-system restriction, but not that the sling does nothing without the other requirements fulfilled.

Thanks again for a terrific mod--it's remarkably well-balanced and adds a fun dimension to the game!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 16, 2021, 02:16:24 PM »

Outstanding, thanks for clarifying! May I suggest making the mod guide a bit more explicit on this? The "you can even install..." bit made me think that the EUTECK was a magical shortcut a la GECK, rather than a requirement for the sling and mirrors to start terraforming. Maybe a straightforward "To terraform desert planets, you need: 1) gene lab w/ EUTECK and orbital mirrors on target planet, and 2) Ismara's Sling on another planet in the same system."

Also, the in-game description of the sling makes it sound like you can start shooting ice with just the sling--it mentions the same-system restriction, but not that the sling does nothing without the other requirements fulfilled.

Thanks again for a terrific mod--it's remarkably well-balanced and adds a fun dimension to the game!

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod.

I'm currently working on a revamp of the terraforming system (again!) and I'm going to make sure the tooltips make it clear how it works and what the player needs to do.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 22, 2021, 05:35:39 AM »

So uhhhh I've been going pretty hard on terraforming planets in a nexerlin run and I just noticed that the stellar relfector does not affect extreme cold, is this intended?
Spoiler
[close]

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 22, 2021, 09:54:05 AM »

So uhhhh I've been going pretty hard on terraforming planets in a nexerlin run and I just noticed that the stellar relfector does not affect extreme cold, is this intended?
Spoiler
[close]
Reflectors are only for Poor Light and Hot now. For Cold and Extreme Cold you need vanilla Orbital Fusion Lamp item now.

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 28, 2021, 03:47:25 AM »

So, I am just now installing this mod, after having explored literally every star system and planet, so I will never run into rare loot for something like the "E.U.T.E.C.K.".
However, I can add them in via the console commands mod.

So, I wanted to ask how many "E.U.T.E.C.K." can one typically expect to come across in a single playthrough? Feel free to answer with your experience, even if you're not the mod author.

P.S. Are there additional special items like "E.U.T.E.C.K." that this mod adds that I should be aware of?

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 28, 2021, 05:17:49 AM »

So, I wanted to ask how many "E.U.T.E.C.K." can one typically expect to come across in a single playthrough? Feel free to answer with your experience, even if you're not the mod author.

P.S. Are there additional special items like "E.U.T.E.C.K." that this mod adds that I should be aware of?
I don't think I ever found one in any place that wasn't a Mothership, but I feel like they're almost guaranteed to drop from them. There's 2 Motherships in a standard game, so unless you're playing with Adjusted Sector, that's the amount of E.U.T.E.C.K.s I'd expect to find.

And no, the E.U.T.E.C.K. is the only special item added by this mod.

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 28, 2021, 01:03:45 PM »

With how relatively sparse are the real chances for special items, every campaign can be a horse of very different colors due to the RNG gods. But I've got to say it has seemed *relatively* common for me. In my current campaign I've found one, but I'm still in the early stages of exploration. In my previous long term one, I've found 4 (or even 5, not sure: in any case it wasn't just the two motherships for sure). That was with a vanilla map, not even with Nexerelin running, just with some custom factions and ship packs on top, so yeah, seemed to have a fairly healthy drop ratio, more or less felt like most of the other "normal" vanilla industry items (basically, with the exception of the much rarer pristine forge). Can't be sure that campaign wasn't the actual RNG outlier though.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 01:07:36 PM by Kadatherion »

Desregaurd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 02, 2021, 05:12:31 PM »

Is there a way to set the limit on the number of Mining Station allowed to be constructed equal to the number of asteroid fields present in a system, or X amount per asteroid fields (1 mining station per 2 viable asteroid fields, or vice versa)? Likewise for Siphon stations and gas giants?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 03, 2021, 10:34:45 AM »

Is there a way to set the limit on the number of Mining Station allowed to be constructed equal to the number of asteroid fields present in a system, or X amount per asteroid fields (1 mining station per 2 viable asteroid fields, or vice versa)? Likewise for Siphon stations and gas giants?

You can use the settings file to control how many mining stations can be built per system. There is no option to make it variable depending on the number of asteroid fields.

You can build one siphon station per gas giant. There is no option to increase this limit.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 03, 2021, 12:06:33 PM »

You can always set the max unreasonably high, and then just manually restrict yourself to the number of fields.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 03, 2021, 12:37:51 PM »

I tried locking certain things behind quests that had to be completed in a previous version of the mod. That worked OK, but the new story quests in 0.95a are very lengthy and high quality, and mine weren't quite up to that standard.

That's nonsense. I would definitely ride with Odysseus yet once more. That was a great quest. I also believe that the hijacking mission for a genemodding tool for seeding lobsters anywhere was also your quest.
Doing the lengthy Academy quest for the second time though feels like an absolute chore and I have no intention to finish it. I don't deny its high quality, I do wish however that the work power required for this feat would have been poured into something else in the game.

ps. Even if I didn't like the Astral gates quest, it had the perfect ingredient for replay value. Who wouldn't wanna have a souped-up custom Conquest?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 03, 2021, 01:49:03 PM »

I tried locking certain things behind quests that had to be completed in a previous version of the mod. That worked OK, but the new story quests in 0.95a are very lengthy and high quality, and mine weren't quite up to that standard.

That's nonsense. I would definitely ride with Odysseus yet once more. That was a great quest. I also believe that the hijacking mission for a genemodding tool for seeding lobsters anywhere was also your quest.
Doing the lengthy Academy quest for the second time though feels like an absolute chore and I have no intention to finish it. I don't deny its high quality, I do wish however that the work power required for this feat would have been poured into something else in the game.

ps. Even if I didn't like the Astral gates quest, it had the perfect ingredient for replay value. Who wouldn't wanna have a souped-up custom Conquest?

I'm glad you enjoyed my quests!

I agree with you about the Academy quest - it has low replay value and likely took an enormous amount of development time to create. Those same criticisms apply to my quests as well, which is why I think it's ultimately best not to have them in the mod.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 219