Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070778 times)

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1410 on: August 10, 2021, 10:20:01 PM »

What about special item for plasma shield/domed cities that would actually give them some protection with small plasma projectors? Ground Defenses/Heavy Batteries would be useless still - with no civilian targets nearby, they could be located and bombed with impunity.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 11, 2021, 02:11:34 PM »

What about special item for plasma shield/domed cities that would actually give them some protection with small plasma projectors? Ground Defenses/Heavy Batteries would be useless still - with no civilian targets nearby, they could be located and bombed with impunity.

I don't want to allow players to easily counteract the ground defense malus. There should be a real tradeoff to building domed cities that the player has to consider when planning their colony.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 11, 2021, 03:07:24 PM »

can this be safely added to a run?
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 12, 2021, 02:11:29 PM »

BoogieMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 17, 2021, 07:42:29 AM »

I'm trying to terraform a world with the EUTECK and the Genelab improvement isn't drawing Domain-era artifacts from storage during shortages, it's set to do so and there are many available, and its's only 1 unit short.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 17, 2021, 07:45:12 AM »

I'm trying to terraform a world with the EUTECK and the Genelab improvement isn't drawing Domain-era artifacts from storage during shortages, it's set to do so and there are many available, and its's only 1 unit short.

Can you post a couple screenshots of the situation? Is it possible you have the DAE in the player storage rather than the colony storage?

BoogieMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 17, 2021, 08:44:01 AM »

Can you post a couple screenshots of the situation? Is it possible you have the DAE in the player storage rather than the colony storage?

Sorry, I've since rectified the problem by building a Domain Archeology on the same world to supply it. The planet's storage was something like 612 DEA for over an in game year and never changed by so much as a single point. My fleet storage has averaged 600-800 for building gates at new colonies. The planet was set to draw from storage in case of shortages. I even toggled it the other way for awhile, then back to see if it would trigger an update or something. No change.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 17, 2021, 09:00:37 AM »

I don't want to allow players to easily counteract the ground defense malus. There should be a real tradeoff to building domed cities that the player has to consider when planning their colony.
I would argue that at least making defense non-zero would be nice. With plasma shield being your only source of defense rating, no colony size one, no ground defenses. As you only got plasma projectors and limited forces hiding behind them.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 17, 2021, 11:38:29 AM »

I would argue that at least making defense non-zero would be nice. With plasma shield being your only source of defense rating, no colony size one, no ground defenses. As you only got plasma projectors and limited forces hiding behind them.

I'm not sure how that would improve gameplay. It would only make the defense rating calculation more difficult for the player to understand and require reading the mod guide and/or lengthy tooltips.

JaeSunRyoo

• Ensign
  • Without pain or sacrifice, we would have nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 19, 2021, 05:39:55 PM »

Hi boggled! Firstly, really appreciated the mod, it's great, thank you.

I'm still playing on the previous version of the game (and thus an older version of the mod), but I ran into a situation where one of my worlds is "too close" to the system's sun/star to be able to build an Astropolis station.

Do you happen to know how to configure this, or is it harder than simply changing a few things? Is it based in the code? I'm not very well-versed in that sort of thing, so I'm rather clueless haha. Just a bit annoying that I was planning on building an astropolis, only to find out that it wasn't possible because of its proximity to the sun.

Thank you!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 20, 2021, 05:21:55 AM »

I'm still playing on the previous version of the game (and thus an older version of the mod), but I ran into a situation where one of my worlds is "too close" to the system's sun/star to be able to build an Astropolis station.

Do you happen to know how to configure this, or is it harder than simply changing a few things? Is it based in the code? I'm not very well-versed in that sort of thing, so I'm rather clueless haha. Just a bit annoying that I was planning on building an astropolis, only to find out that it wasn't possible because of its proximity to the sun.

Thank you!

There's a setting in the latest version of the mod to disable the checks for location suitability (proximity to stars, etc.), but I don't think it exists in the old 0.9.1a version. I can upload the source code for the old version of the mod, but making changes won't be trivial if you're not familiar with SS modding. Sorry!

JaeSunRyoo

• Ensign
  • Without pain or sacrifice, we would have nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 21, 2021, 05:39:52 AM »

Thank you!

There's a setting in the latest version of the mod to disable the checks for location suitability (proximity to stars, etc.), but I don't think it exists in the old 0.9.1a version. I can upload the source code for the old version of the mod, but making changes won't be trivial if you're not familiar with SS modding. Sorry!

I understand, looks like I'll have to make the transition to 0.95 in the future. Thanks for the reply!

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 31, 2021, 12:30:38 PM »

This is an extremely late suggestion for how insignificant it is, but wouldn't "Paraterraforming" be a better name than "Domed Cities?"
I feel like it fits the mod better and see no conflict between the name and the structure's function or description.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 31, 2021, 02:46:14 PM »

This is an extremely late suggestion for how insignificant it is, but wouldn't "Paraterraforming" be a better name than "Domed Cities?"
I feel like it fits the mod better and see no conflict between the name and the structure's function or description.

Yes, that would be a more accurate description, but I had to look up the meaning of "Paraterraforming" and I assume most other users won't know what it means either. Same with creating a planet type called Ecumenopolis - most players won't know what that refers to (unless they've played Stellaris).

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 31, 2021, 03:05:14 PM »

What about an upgrade for "Domed Cities" called "World City", where the positive effects triple, but the negative effects double and the planet becomes a hot spot for pirate and pather activities?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 219