Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070525 times)

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1395 on: June 30, 2021, 01:41:44 PM »

Are there any terraforming projects that can remove the "High gravity" modifier?
Remove? No. But there's a building that can mitigate it, if said building is enabled.

May I know which building that might be?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 30, 2021, 02:22:25 PM »

Thanks for the tip, I will try that.

Regarding radiation, I was under the impression that protection from radiation was a plausible terraforming action.
https://phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magnetic-shield-mars-atmosphere.html

Mars in starsector would not have the Irradiated condition. Planets that orbit a neutron star have it, and blocking radiation from a neutron star is different that protecting Mars from solar winds.

Another question: I remember that transforming a world into Tundra added some level of organics in previous version. I was quite disappointed this did not happen in my game. Is there a way for me to restore this functionality?

No, volatiles and organics are not modified by terraforming in this version of the mod. That used to be the case (as it's more realistic and lore-friendly), but many players complained that terraforming changed the resources on their planet in a way they didn't want, so now it only modifies farming yields.

I realize now that I can't please everyone and players are going to complain no matter how I make the terraforming system work, so in the future I will probably revert this change.

Aer0-3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 06, 2021, 03:41:15 PM »

I apologize if this is a bug/feature that has already been discovered, but it seems that the game blocks you from building reflectors on lava planets with poor light. It would be nice to be able to counter the poor light even if one can't counter the extreme heat (as it is geothermal). Is this intentional?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 06, 2021, 03:51:56 PM »

I apologize if this is a bug/feature that has already been discovered, but it seems that the game blocks you from building reflectors on lava planets with poor light. It would be nice to be able to counter the poor light even if one can't counter the extreme heat (as it is geothermal). Is this intentional?

This is not intended. I just reviewed my code and I don't see anything that would block reflectors on lava planets. Can you post a screenshot of the tooltip that says why it can't be built?

japito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 13, 2021, 06:55:10 PM »

So, I installed the mod, but I don't see the "terraform" ability shown in the gif at all, but I do see the station build abilities and the structures like Genelab. What could be happening?

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 14, 2021, 11:18:44 AM »

So, I installed the mod, but I don't see the "terraform" ability shown in the gif at all, but I do see the station build abilities and the structures like Genelab. What could be happening?
The default form of the mod doesn't do that ability anymore. You have various tools to negate hazards and on a habitable planet you can do a limited terraform using a rare drop called the EUTECK. There are settings files that can enable more invasive methods but if you just install it this is what you get.

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 19, 2021, 06:13:18 AM »

hi there!

just wanted to ask what happened to the skyhook industry as I quite liked its effect on my colony by making it high gravity useful trait rather than a bad thing

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 19, 2021, 06:17:15 AM »

hi there!

just wanted to ask what happened to the skyhook industry as I quite liked its effect on my colony by making it high gravity useful trait rather than a bad thing

It's been removed because of the vanilla special item that's essentially a space elevator, and because I added new buildings that can suppress gravity conditions.

guto8797

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 22, 2021, 09:09:42 AM »

Is it an intended effect that building the earthquake mitigating building still doesn't allow me to apply that item to spaceports due to tectonic activity?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 22, 2021, 07:19:47 PM »

Is it an intended effect that building the earthquake mitigating building still doesn't allow me to apply that item to spaceports due to tectonic activity?

Yes. Think about it this way from a lore standpoint: it would be too risky to build things susceptible to tectonic activity because the suppression building could be disabled by a raid, terrorism, etc.

Salander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 05, 2021, 02:36:30 PM »

I've built an Ismara's Sling on a cryovolcanic world, and am trying to use it on a desert world in the same system, I don't see any options to tell it to shoot out some ice to that planet, so I'm confused as to how it works. Could anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 05, 2021, 03:31:14 PM »

I've built an Ismara's Sling on a cryovolcanic world, and am trying to use it on a desert world in the same system, I don't see any options to tell it to shoot out some ice to that planet, so I'm confused as to how it works. Could anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?
When you install an EUTECK in a Gene Lab on the desert planet it can only start terraforming once you have that Sling somewhere (or an asteroid processing facility on a station). You never actually see it fling anything around.
If you don't find any EUTECKs you cannot terraform. They're like any other colony item so some seeds simply don't contain any.

superuglymodel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 10, 2021, 09:41:40 PM »

Hey folks.

I am having issue finding the UI to build a station or to rebuild a station, can somebody help? Any station.

I can build the EUTECK buildings, the Park, etc. But I am having trouble finding where to build station.

In my system, I have a Gas Giant uncolonized that I wanted to mine from. I have a terran planet colony in that system as well.

I also have some Asteroids that are single pieces (no belt). How do I find the UI for this? Is this disabled on default?

I did not choose any settings, just fresh install.

Thanks

Aeios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 10, 2021, 09:53:50 PM »

Hey folks.

I am having issue finding the UI to build a station or to rebuild a station, can somebody help? Any station.

I can build the EUTECK buildings, the Park, etc. But I am having trouble finding where to build station.

In my system, I have a Gas Giant uncolonized that I wanted to mine from. I have a terran planet colony in that system as well.

I also have some Asteroids that are single pieces (no belt). How do I find the UI for this? Is this disabled on default?

I did not choose any settings, just fresh install.

Thanks

Station building is done via abilities now. So you can right click one of the slots in the hotbar and find the relevant station building and colonisation ones.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 219