Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070245 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1380 on: June 26, 2021, 12:08:52 PM »

RNG's just mean sometimes. In my current main run I have like half a dozen corrupt nanoforges, four orbital lamps, and piles of other nigh-useless stuff (it's difficult to use the farming nanites, given their restrictions on minerals) but I've only ever seen one EUTECK. I will say I haven't explored anywhere near all of the sector, or maybe even half of it. Lots of places I haven't turned upside down, though I have raided a lot of orange/red beacon systems.

Might be nice to have some kind of charge system or have only certain modification events consume a EUTECK entirely. ???

There's a setting to disable EUTECK consumption. If you're using the "enable all projects" setting, disabling consumption probably makes sense.

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 26, 2021, 12:59:55 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. This is my first run with 095 so I have no idea to know if I'm being lucky or unlucky. I'll explore more and see if I can find at least one, worst case, I'll take your advice and use the console command.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 26, 2021, 01:46:11 PM »

Might be nice to have some kind of charge system or have only certain modification events consume a EUTECK entirely.
You can toggle the consumption off entirely.

(I did, as I've also been experiencing similar bad luck, although IndEvo is diluting my pools.)

not a luddic path member

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 26, 2021, 02:23:06 PM »

Is there a way to add special buildings to planets to fully terraform them like Kadur? Was kind of disappointed that even after terraforming both atmosphere and the planet, I cannot remove the other two special hazard flags on the planet.
Spoiler
[close]
is that an alpha core in your pocket or are you just excited to see me

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 26, 2021, 02:51:29 PM »

Is there a way to add special buildings to planets to fully terraform them like Kadur? Was kind of disappointed that even after terraforming both atmosphere and the planet, I cannot remove the other two special hazard flags on the planet.
Spoiler
[close]

What mod are those hazards from? I can look into adding support for removing them if it makes sense from a lore standpoint.

not a luddic path member

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 26, 2021, 02:55:37 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

What mod are those hazards from? I can look into adding support for removing them if it makes sense from a lore standpoint.

Pretty sure it's from the Kadur Remnant mod. From a lore standpoint I have no idea, but seeing as how we have the mod capability to add in some potential fluff buildings to reduce penalties and maybe have it as an optional true/false plugin in the settings?

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649.0

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 26, 2021, 02:59:17 PM »

There's a setting to disable EUTECK consumption. If you're using the "enable all projects" setting, disabling consumption probably makes sense.

Yeah, that's what I've been using since I only found the one of them. I'm just wondering if it might be possible to strike a middle ground. A single infinitely-reusable EUTECK feels broken as heck, but at the same time only ever getting one of them due to RNG is a pain, y'know?

not a luddic path member

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 26, 2021, 03:05:04 PM »

Yeah, that's what I've been using since I only found the one of them. I'm just wondering if it might be possible to strike a middle ground. A single infinitely-reusable EUTECK feels broken as heck, but at the same time only ever getting one of them due to RNG is a pain, y'know?

Maybe an upgrade to the Genelab that turns it into an industry that produces EUTECKs once every x amount of cycles? And implementing different kinds of AI cores would have different effects? Just an idea.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 26, 2021, 03:22:42 PM »

Maybe an upgrade to the Genelab that turns it into an industry that produces EUTECKs once every x amount of cycles? And implementing different kinds of AI cores would have different effects? Just an idea.

Based on the feedback here, I think a means to acquire EUTECKs other than exploration is something a lot of players want. I'll see if I can come up with a good system for this, although the vanilla special items also can't be acquired any way other than exploration (except for the few items that can be stolen via raids).

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 26, 2021, 05:34:28 PM »

I would like to chime in here and say that vanilla items do have a sort of fallback in the form of the historian, but that isn't exactly ideal since each special item you get from them doubles the required SP for the next one with no cap (that I can see). What I wanna say is that it isn't really viable past the first few items.

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 29, 2021, 04:03:45 PM »

Hello, I've tried every building (I think) in attempt to remove or counter Irradiated modifier but nothing worked. Finally, I used EUTECK to transform planet to Paradise, still, the modifier isn't removed. Please advise.

https://i.imgur.com/Z2qb2LJ.png
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 04:06:34 PM by Seleukus »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 29, 2021, 04:42:45 PM »

Hello, I've tried every building (I think) in attempt to remove or counter Irradiated modifier but nothing worked. Finally, I used EUTECK to transform planet to Paradise, still, the modifier isn't removed. Please advise.

https://i.imgur.com/Z2qb2LJ.png

With default settings you can't terraform an irradiated planet, and if you enable all projects, terraforming an irradiated planet won't remove radiation.

To remove radiation, you'll need to uncomment a line (I think it's line 12) in rules.csv that enables condition modifications. Then you can initiate a project to remove radiation.

The reason for this is because procedurally generated planets with Irradiated are usually very close to a star, and from a realism/lore standpoint they're not suitable for terraforming due to the extreme radiation from the star.

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 29, 2021, 08:16:23 PM »

Thanks for the tip, I will try that.

Regarding radiation, I was under the impression that protection from radiation was a plausible terraforming action.
https://phys.org/news/2017-03-nasa-magnetic-shield-mars-atmosphere.html

Another question: I remember that transforming a world into Tundra added some level of organics in previous version. I was quite disappointed this did not happen in my game. Is there a way for me to restore this functionality?

Thank you again for all the feedback.

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 30, 2021, 07:19:47 AM »

Are there any terraforming projects that can remove the "High gravity" modifier?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 30, 2021, 08:11:15 AM »

Are there any terraforming projects that can remove the "High gravity" modifier?
Remove? No. But there's a building that can mitigate it, if said building is enabled.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 219