Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071473 times)

Forsell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1365 on: June 15, 2021, 06:48:17 AM »

Groombridge Habitat is one in particular I recently tried to rebuild.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 15, 2021, 06:55:29 AM »

Groombridge is a story location, so that may be why.

Yeah, I think I blocked Groombridge because of the flavor text, and since it now has an actual function in the story I can't really unblock it.

Forsell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 15, 2021, 07:22:37 AM »

A shame, but definitely understandable. Thank you both for your help and thanks for the crazy cool mod boggled.

Rigerousbacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: June 23, 2021, 10:23:31 AM »

i just downloaded the mod and started a new save with the Nexerelin mod but when i check my ability hotbar the terraform ability isn't there is this normal and if not is there a fix for this?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 23, 2021, 10:35:10 AM »

i just downloaded the mod and started a new save with the Nexerelin mod but when i check my ability hotbar the terraform ability isn't there is this normal and if not is there a fix for this?

Please review the mod guide. Terraforming no longer involves a hotbar ability.

Rigerousbacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 23, 2021, 10:42:04 AM »

srry im very new to the forum so navigating it is still pretty difficult at times , so since its been removed from the ability so  how would go about terraforming a volcanic word for example to a habitable one ??

Rigerousbacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 24, 2021, 09:09:19 AM »

When in the  settings file what part of the code do i have to edit to get the , the "old-style" terraforming system like it says in the features of the mod
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 09:11:12 AM by Rigerousbacon »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 24, 2021, 09:33:18 AM »

When in the  settings file what part of the code do i have to edit to get the , the "old-style" terraforming system like it says in the features of the mod

Change "boggledEnableAllTerraformingProjects":false, to "boggledEnableAllTerraformingProjects":true,

Rigerousbacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 24, 2021, 11:13:50 AM »

so i have colonised 2 planets so far , 1 which produces artifacts and the other i wish to terrraform , i have the genelab installed but how do i get or build the E.U.T.E.C.K

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: June 24, 2021, 11:27:05 AM »

so i have colonised 2 planets so far , 1 which produces artifacts and the other i wish to terrraform , i have the genelab installed but how do i get or build the E.U.T.E.C.K

The E.U.T.E.C.K. is an installable item that can be salvaged during exploration, similar to nanoforges, synchotron cores, etc.

If you don't want to spend time finding one, just use the console command addspecial boggled_euteck.

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 25, 2021, 07:06:45 PM »

The E.U.T.E.C.K. is an installable item that can be salvaged during exploration, similar to nanoforges, synchotron cores, etc.

If you don't want to spend time finding one, just use the console command addspecial boggled_euteck.

for what's it worth, in my current playthrough i've surveyed roughly 1 third of the sector and i have no no EUTECK, and only ~4 vanilla special items. This seems WAY too rare.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 26, 2021, 06:10:48 AM »

for what's it worth, in my current playthrough i've surveyed roughly 1 third of the sector and i have no no EUTECK, and only ~4 vanilla special items. This seems WAY too rare.

I think you were just unlucky, or you surveyed systems that are less likely to have special items.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 26, 2021, 08:07:23 AM »

You're either playing with some hardcore mod that limits special drops or you have the worst luck imaginable...

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 26, 2021, 11:52:29 AM »

RNG's just mean sometimes. In my current main run I have like half a dozen corrupt nanoforges, four orbital lamps, and piles of other nigh-useless stuff (it's difficult to use the farming nanites, given their restrictions on minerals) but I've only ever seen one EUTECK. I will say I haven't explored anywhere near all of the sector, or maybe even half of it. Lots of places I haven't turned upside down, though I have raided a lot of orange/red beacon systems.

Might be nice to have some kind of charge system or have only certain modification events consume a EUTECK entirely. ???
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 219