Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070429 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1320 on: June 01, 2021, 05:10:08 AM »

I updated the mod and I get an error code relating to the genelab, I read the note in the description and removed it after I terraformed ithaca into a paradise world and before I updated the mod, not sure what has gone wrong

I think the issue is that even after removing the genelabs, it remains in the monthly report until a new report is generated, so the steps are:

1. Using the old mod version, remove the genelabs.
2. Wait at least two months to ensure the genelab is no longer in the monthly reports.
3. Then update.

I don't think I put the information about the monthly reports in the original post. Sorry!

itsyoboi33

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 01, 2021, 07:33:12 AM »

I updated the mod and I get an error code relating to the genelab, I read the note in the description and removed it after I terraformed ithaca into a paradise world and before I updated the mod, not sure what has gone wrong

I think the issue is that even after removing the genelabs, it remains in the monthly report until a new report is generated, so the steps are:

1. Using the old mod version, remove the genelabs.
2. Wait at least two months to ensure the genelab is no longer in the monthly reports.
3. Then update.

I only waited a month, seems to be working now, thanks

I don't think I put the information about the monthly reports in the original post. Sorry!
[/quote]

alposki123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 02, 2021, 05:35:13 AM »

my game just freezes and then crashes on loading or creating a new game (the game loads after choosing skill points the loading ends then game plays 2-3 sec and then freezes) without any error message after installing terraforming and station construction mod.
the mod and the game is up to date it is a clean game with no other mods installed
no errors on starsector.log
i can play the mod in 0.91a without any problems

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 02, 2021, 05:46:24 AM »

my game just freezes and then crashes on loading or creating a new game (the game loads after choosing skill points the loading ends then game plays 2-3 sec and then freezes) without any error message after installing terraforming and station construction mod.
the mod and the game is up to date it is a clean game with no other mods installed

Does 0.95a work for you without any mods installed? Did you install any other mods alongside TASC, or is TASC the only mod you installed?

alposki123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 02, 2021, 06:43:40 AM »

Does 0.95a work for you without any mods installed? Did you install any other mods alongside TASC, or is TASC the only mod you installed?

0.95a works without any problems. TASC is the only mod currently installed.
also tried to install other mods after deleting TASC was able to play without any problem.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 02, 2021, 06:54:23 AM »

also tried to install other mods after deleting TASC was able to play without any problem.

It's weird that there's no error message or log for the crash. Did you make any changes to the vanilla files or TASC files? Try re-downloading Starsector itself and then TASC.

EDIT: Another thought - your antivirus might not like that TASC checks for updates using pastebin, and this occurs on game load at the moment you said the crash occurs. Try disabling the update check in the settings file and let me know if that fixes the problem.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 06:57:03 AM by boggled »

alposki123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 02, 2021, 07:14:57 AM »

It's weird that there's no error message or log for the crash. Did you make any changes to the vanilla files or TASC files? Try re-downloading Starsector itself and then TASC.

EDIT: Another thought - your antivirus might not like that TASC checks for updates using pastebin, and this occurs on game load at the moment you said the crash occurs. Try disabling the update check in the settings file and let me know if that fixes the problem.

disabling the update check fixed the problem thanks a lot.
pastebin is banned in my country for some *** reason that is probably why game was crashing.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 02, 2021, 07:18:36 AM »

disabling the update check fixed the problem thanks a lot.
pastebin is banned in my country for some *** reason that is probably why game was crashing.

I'll add a note about this to the main post. Thank you!

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 03, 2021, 02:18:25 PM »

Would it be possible for you to add the gate building option as a separate toggle? Really like being able to build them but I personally don't use the stable domain structures. Also I think it would be nice from a lore perspective if the gates we make are makeshift in name, look, and description. Lastly building them should unlock after you finish the quest line, perhaps with some exposition somewhere somehow to give at least a thin explanation why the player can create janky mini gates.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 03, 2021, 02:25:05 PM »

Would it be possible for you to add the gate building option as a separate toggle? Really like being able to build them but I personally don't use the stable domain structures. Also I think it would be nice from a lore perspective if the gates we make are makeshift in name, look, and description. Lastly building them should unlock after you finish the quest line, perhaps with some exposition somewhere somehow to give at least a thin explanation why the player can create janky mini gates.

Sure, I can add a separate toggle for the gates.

I don't have a sprite for a "mini-gate" so that's not an option. As for unlocking when the main quest is finished, that's certainly an option. My main concern is how to notify the player they can now build gates - I don't want to overwrite the vanilla text in the story to add an explanation about that.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 04, 2021, 11:38:14 AM »

Crash report from Wrachilles (Butts#1936) on Discord: https://imgur.com/JlWB8gs

Code
3419207 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Industry [BOGGLED_STELLAR_REFLECTOR_ARZAY] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Industry [BOGGLED_STELLAR_REFLECTOR_ARZAY] not found
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.addIndustry(Unknown Source)
at data.campaign.econ.conditions.Boggled_Solar_Array_Overwrite.advance(Boggled_Solar_Array_Overwrite.java:33)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

edit: they are on version 7.1.3.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 11:58:40 AM by Wispborne »
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 04, 2021, 12:01:53 PM »

Code
3419207 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Industry [BOGGLED_STELLAR_REFLECTOR_ARZAY] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Industry [BOGGLED_STELLAR_REFLECTOR_ARZAY] not found
at data.campaign.econ.conditions.Boggled_Solar_Array_Overwrite.advance(Boggled_Solar_Array_Overwrite.java:33)

Looks like there's a misspelling in the mod files somewhere, probably in the industries.csv file. It appears to be the result of user edits, since this is the first time I've seen this error. Tell the individual to delete all the mod files, including any that they manually edited, and re-download the mod. That should fix it. Thanks for your help!

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 04, 2021, 06:43:39 PM »

Code

Looks like there's a misspelling in the mod files somewhere, probably in the industries.csv file. It appears to be the result of user edits, since this is the first time I've seen this error. Tell the individual to delete all the mod files, including any that they manually edited, and re-download the mod. That should fix it. Thanks for your help!

Poster from discord here, I didn't edit anything from the mod, but I'll reinstall it as instructed. First time the crash ever came up, and it hasn't come up since. I figured it was a mispelling though.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 05, 2021, 03:00:28 AM »

What about expanding settings for Atmosphere Processor? So you could only allow it to thinner or cleance the atmosphere but not create or thicken one for example.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 05, 2021, 10:10:37 AM »

Poster from discord here, I didn't edit anything from the mod, but I'll reinstall it as instructed. First time the crash ever came up, and it hasn't come up since. I figured it was a mispelling though.

Are you mayhaps the Twitch streamer that goes by the same name as the one on this very Forum? If so, hello again! Welcome to the club. Long Burns, Starfarer  :)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 219