Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070785 times)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1305 on: May 27, 2021, 12:51:55 PM »

Even if you use an ampersand ( & ), it'll just barely fit as-is.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 27, 2021, 12:55:27 PM »

Even if you use an ampersand ( & ), it'll just barely fit as-is.

This sounds good, although I'll have to make sure the special character doesn't cause any issues. Thanks for the suggestion!

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 27, 2021, 04:41:43 PM »

You have a valid point and I've considered this before, but I decided against changing it because players are already familiar with the name, and if I shorten it to something like "Boggled's Mod" or just "Terraforming" it won't adequately describe the main features in the mod to new players who are looking at the mod index for the first time.
The "_and_" part of the name can be shortened to a single character, "&".

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 27, 2021, 04:45:57 PM »

Not too certain if it's been asked or mentioned before. I have one of the 9.5 items they added in regarding volatiles collecting off of specifically a gas giant mine. That's fine and all but then it would make building an orbital siphon station seem less appealing unless I could still install said item onto it. Can I install the item I am referring to onto a siphoning station or is that something that hasn't been looked at before? It may sound nit pickie but it was a weird drop to get honestly.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 28, 2021, 12:56:40 AM »

Replacing "and" with the & sign would already make it short enough.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 28, 2021, 03:49:45 AM »

Not too certain if it's been asked or mentioned before. I have one of the 9.5 items they added in regarding volatiles collecting off of specifically a gas giant mine. That's fine and all but then it would make building an orbital siphon station seem less appealing unless I could still install said item onto it. Can I install the item I am referring to onto a siphoning station or is that something that hasn't been looked at before? It may sound nit pickie but it was a weird drop to get honestly.
Siphon Stations can install the volatiles dynamo thing, likewise stations can also install the No Atmosphere items.

Mining Stations can also install Mantle Bores, I've noticed. Not sure if that one is intended, but they can (at least I can, pretty sure my version is out of date and I don't know if that was fixed since).

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 28, 2021, 05:03:47 AM »

Siphon Stations can install the volatiles dynamo thing, likewise stations can also install the No Atmosphere items.

Mining Stations can also install Mantle Bores, I've noticed. Not sure if that one is intended, but they can (at least I can, pretty sure my version is out of date and I don't know if that was fixed since).

Yes, it is intended that mining stations can install the mantle bore.

minusthedrifter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 28, 2021, 06:55:08 AM »

So I'm curious how Asteroid Processing works. I have a mining station with it constructed however... it doesn't seem to have any effect on the desert worlds in the system? Is there a process I'm missing? The desert worlds don't unlock any new buildings and I can't figure out how to actually begin transforming them into habitable worlds.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 28, 2021, 07:20:50 AM »

So I'm curious how Asteroid Processing works. I have a mining station with it constructed however... it doesn't seem to have any effect on the desert worlds in the system? Is there a process I'm missing? The desert worlds don't unlock any new buildings and I can't figure out how to actually begin transforming them into habitable worlds.

Per the mod guide, to start terraforming you need a genelab with a EUTECK installed.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 28, 2021, 03:07:55 PM »

BTW, don't be too alarmed by the description of the EUTECK as being single-planet, that just means it's consumed when the terraforming finishes. You can still remove it and take it to another planet if the one you try to use it on turns out too difficult to terraform.

Also it's best to terraform a colony when it's new since the Genelab's resource requirement increases with the colony size for some reason and getting 8 artifacts for a size 6 won't be easy.

itsyoboi33

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 31, 2021, 02:54:18 PM »

found an issue with the genelab, it resets the terraforming process when starsector is closed, had it at 56% then went to bed and woke up to it being 0%, is there a way to bypass this? I dont want to sit on my computer for a day waiting for it to complete

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 31, 2021, 04:30:17 PM »

found an issue with the genelab, it resets the terraforming process when starsector is closed, had it at 56% then went to bed and woke up to it being 0%, is there a way to bypass this? I dont want to sit on my computer for a day waiting for it to complete

What version of the mod are you running? I thought I fixed this bug in a previous patch.

itsyoboi33

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 31, 2021, 04:37:55 PM »

What version of the mod are you running? I thought I fixed this bug in a previous patch.

just checked, im using 7.0, should probably update, but im gonna wait until ive finished my terraforming, ive got it to 30% already and have sunk at least 300k worth of domain artifacts into it and I don't want it to go back to 0% again

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: May 31, 2021, 04:50:13 PM »

just checked, im using 7.0, should probably update, but im gonna wait until ive finished my terraforming, ive got it to 30% already and have sunk at least 300k worth of domain artifacts into it and I don't want it to go back to 0% again

This bug is fixed in 7.0.1 and later, but you'll have to be careful to remove and replace the genelabs per the note about backwards compatibility if/when you update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

itsyoboi33

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 31, 2021, 07:26:33 PM »

I updated the mod and I get an error code relating to the genelab, I read the note in the description and removed it after I terraformed ithaca into a paradise world and before I updated the mod, not sure what has gone wrong
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 219