Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070673 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.1)
« Reply #1290 on: May 20, 2021, 07:35:53 AM »

just out of lazyness, i couldnt find any update in regards to the quest for the special conquest or how to enable/disable it. so i'm wondering if it's still a thing?

Anyways, great Mod and thanks for all the effort boggled put into it

The special conquest and the associated quest have been removed in 0.95a due to being unnecessary in light of new vanilla content. If you really want to try it out anyway I think the old version of this mod is still useable on the current SS version, although I haven't tested it myself.

VivaLozTioz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 20, 2021, 10:00:14 AM »

Aww, i liked that one though. Maybe ill try it on my 0.91 copy, thanks for the reply anyways!

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 20, 2021, 05:42:45 PM »

stellar reflector could increase heat on cold world
sling could decrease heat on hot world

or, array can turn water world into terra-sling could also technically do this

.....perhaps the sling could be used to affect weather somehow?  my mind seems to think that adding water or removing water could do this, perhaps at a different cost
not sure how this would be useful, except perhaps in the future it will be possible to minmax certain worlds

for example: volcanic worlds could theoretically help with refining-the heat naturally present could be used to benefit the melting down of ores
also, a volcanic world would be an absolute GOLDMINE for geothermal applications

i would personally like to see in the future a way to utilize the "negative" aspects of a planet through creative means, which could lead to some interesting minmaxing.

waterworld-bonus food production

terra-bonus growth

severe weather-ground defense bonus

im just spit balling here

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 21, 2021, 04:17:37 AM »

stellar reflector could increase heat on cold world
sling could decrease heat on hot world

or, array can turn water world into terra-sling could also technically do this

.....perhaps the sling could be used to affect weather somehow?  my mind seems to think that adding water or removing water could do this, perhaps at a different cost
not sure how this would be useful, except perhaps in the future it will be possible to minmax certain worlds

for example: volcanic worlds could theoretically help with refining-the heat naturally present could be used to benefit the melting down of ores
also, a volcanic world would be an absolute GOLDMINE for geothermal applications

i would personally like to see in the future a way to utilize the "negative" aspects of a planet through creative means, which could lead to some interesting minmaxing.

waterworld-bonus food production

terra-bonus growth

severe weather-ground defense bonus

im just spit balling here

The vanilla condition-specific items already do some of what you're suggesting here, such as the soil nanites increasing food production on habitable planets. I'm not sure I want to duplicate those effects.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 21, 2021, 07:50:05 AM »

What's an EUTECK? Is that a rare drop?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 21, 2021, 08:35:35 AM »

What's an EUTECK? Is that a rare drop?

Yes, it drops as part of the rare tech drop group.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.2)
« Reply #1296 on: May 23, 2021, 11:42:27 PM »

Would it be possible too add a compatability option for use with DIY that makes DIY industries have a little consumption of Domain Artefacts commodity? most of them already need specialized items for them too be of use, but a little domain artefacts usage too both help synergize with this mod and also for lore reasons (stuff too support the artefacts function perhaps? like infrastructure/power supply) could also help balance out the structures, and encourage getting an archeology up when using both mods.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 24, 2021, 04:30:45 AM »

Would it be possible too add a compatability option for use with DIY that makes DIY industries have a little consumption of Domain Artefacts commodity? most of them already need specialized items for them too be of use, but a little domain artefacts usage too both help synergize with this mod and also for lore reasons (stuff too support the artefacts function perhaps? like infrastructure/power supply) could also help balance out the structures, and encourage getting an archeology up when using both mods.

I'm not going to do this because:
  • I don't want to modify content from other mods without the permission of the author.
  • If content was added/removed/changed in DIY, it would be save breaking until I updated my mod. I don't think players would appreciate being unable to play their save for a few days until I updated, or having to keep track of which mods have updated to avoid a save breaking compatibility problem.

leatra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 25, 2021, 10:47:24 AM »

Fellas, how much OP does colonizing become with this mod? I'm considering trying it out but I feel like even vanilla colonizing is too OP. It just prints a lot of money for you without a lot of effort (not that money is hard to get in the first place). The idea of terraforming and stations sounds even more OP.

SenSayed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 25, 2021, 11:33:26 PM »

Hello! There is bug. So if you turn on terraforming projects (projects that allow you terraform to anothers planet types) and will try to terraform your planet into jungle then planet will become paradise world. No other terraforming types do that so i think it a bug.

Helbrecht

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 26, 2021, 02:41:39 AM »

Is it possible to download an older version, I'm still on 0.91a but missed out on getting the update that had the chameleon added, would love to be able to get rid of Pather cells.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 26, 2021, 05:05:03 AM »

Is it possible to download an older version, I'm still on 0.91a but missed out on getting the update that had the chameleon added, would love to be able to get rid of Pather cells.

https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack

There's some older versions of the mod on my github. The versions of the mod that contain the CHAMELEON are untested on 0.91a but might work.

Hello! There is bug. So if you turn on terraforming projects (projects that allow you terraform to anothers planet types) and will try to terraform your planet into jungle then planet will become paradise world. No other terraforming types do that so i think it a bug.

I'll take a look at this. Thanks for letting me know!

Kaokasalis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1302 on: May 26, 2021, 06:53:19 AM »

Its a really minor thing but if its possible then perhaps you should consider shortening the name of your mod in the mod menu since its almost hitting the scrollbar. I apologize if this sounds like nitpicking, that is not my intent.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 07:33:26 AM by Kaokasalis »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 27, 2021, 05:22:55 AM »

Its a really minor thing but if its possible then perhaps you should consider shortening the name of your mod in the mod menu since its almost hitting the scrollbar. I apologize if this sounds like nitpicking, that is not my intent.

You have a valid point and I've considered this before, but I decided against changing it because players are already familiar with the name, and if I shorten it to something like "Boggled's Mod" or just "Terraforming" it won't adequately describe the main features in the mod to new players who are looking at the mod index for the first time.

stormturmoil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 27, 2021, 10:33:09 AM »

By the look of it, you'd only need to change a few letters to get it back into the box...

How about
'Geoforming and Station Production'

That chops it back by a few characters, still conveys the appropriate meaning, and gives you a catchy Acronym...
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 219