Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070450 times)

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.1)
« Reply #1275 on: May 18, 2021, 10:23:49 AM »

what if you could colonize cryosleepers ?
and it starts off with size 10 population but it could have recent unrest and "inefficient life support systems" because it was never meant to be a colony station but you can change that of course with enough money, and it would not provide the benefits to other nearby colonies
and it could be VERY expensive to colonize it

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 18, 2021, 10:35:58 AM »

You were looking for ideas too buff the solar shades/reflectors when they get improved with a story point or an alpha core? why not, for example, have them deal with more colony conditions? like improvements on a solar shade now makes it deal with extreme weather, alpha core lets it deal with extreme heat and cold, etc.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 18, 2021, 01:32:41 PM »

Being able to tug the cryosleeper somewhere else with some structure would be a better idea. And cryosleeper also providing better benefits for colony it would orbit as result. So you could place it in orbit of your capital as an orbital station that provides population boost.

Bub

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 18, 2021, 03:42:52 PM »

Hey Boggled, loving the 0.95 changes way more immersive and interesting

For the possible AI bonuses to the slings and the arrays I thought of something a bit weird but it'd be interesting

So arrays, could give a defense bonus on an alpha, lore wise you need the alpha's smarts to get the mirrors just right and melt through ships without damaging the array

For the slings and asteroids, they could give an accessibility bonus, you're already flinging asteroids and ice on very precise routes using magnets, why not also use them to move people around on special capsules
Send an AI inspection again hegies, and I swear to ludd I will make the 2nd AI war look like a slapfight

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 18, 2021, 03:48:58 PM »

what if you could colonize cryosleepers ?
and it starts off with size 10 population but it could have recent unrest and "inefficient life support systems" because it was never meant to be a colony station but you can change that of course with enough money, and it would not provide the benefits to other nearby colonies
and it could be VERY expensive to colonize it

Being able to tug the cryosleeper somewhere else with some structure would be a better idea. And cryosleeper also providing better benefits for colony it would orbit as result. So you could place it in orbit of your capital as an orbital station that provides population boost.

I think there's another mod which already lets the player tow cryosleepers around. I don't want to just outright copy that, and "colonizing" a cryosleeper isn't feasible to implement because I would need a new sprite for it.

You were looking for ideas too buff the solar shades/reflectors when they get improved with a story point or an alpha core? why not, for example, have them deal with more colony conditions? like improvements on a solar shade now makes it deal with extreme weather, alpha core lets it deal with extreme heat and cold, etc.

Suppressing extreme weather is reasonable, but extreme heat and cold are generally caused by something that stellar reflectors can't address, like volcanism or lack of a star.

Hey Boggled, loving the 0.95 changes way more immersive and interesting

For the possible AI bonuses to the slings and the arrays I thought of something a bit weird but it'd be interesting

So arrays, could give a defense bonus on an alpha, lore wise you need the alpha's smarts to get the mirrors just right and melt through ships without damaging the array

For the slings and asteroids, they could give an accessibility bonus, you're already flinging asteroids and ice on very precise routes using magnets, why not also use them to move people around on special capsules

The "sun gun" idea has been posted before and I like it a lot. I don't think an accessibility bonus is a good idea since it's very powerful and I don't want the optimal setup to be having them on every single colony regardless of the temperatures.

wolfredok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 18, 2021, 10:01:00 PM »

I can't seem to get the control panel working on the latest release. It does not show up on my ability bar. Does changing the "boggledTerraformingContentEnabled" to true still work? Because I've always had it on true and it still does not show up. I've tried loading it alone and starting a new game and nothing, it still didn't show up. Did something change, or am I just missing something? Or is there something wrong?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 19, 2021, 12:01:00 AM »

I can't seem to get the control panel working on the latest release. It does not show up on my ability bar. Does changing the "boggledTerraformingContentEnabled" to true still work? Because I've always had it on true and it still does not show up. I've tried loading it alone and starting a new game and nothing, it still didn't show up. Did something change, or am I just missing something? Or is there something wrong?
It's now on colony interaction menu instead of ability bar I think, did you check that?
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

wolfredok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 19, 2021, 01:54:37 AM »

It's now on colony interaction menu instead of ability bar I think, did you check that?
Colony interaction as in you go into a colony and a list of options show up? Ei. Comms directory, take a shuttle to the dockside bar? If yes, then no I don't see any special option or any terraforming option. The "Special Functions" is part of Nexerelin .

Is it this that I have to change to true?
"boggledEnableAllTerraformingProjects":false

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 19, 2021, 03:30:12 AM »

I think you might need to build the project and install a EUTECK then. Sry I didn't try the new release yet and can't give a clear shot.
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Helixien

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 19, 2021, 03:39:05 AM »

I feel like CHAMELEON is kinda.... underwhelming. I wish it would be more expensive to build, BUT also work system wide. Having it work only on one world feels kinda strange for a supercomputer with an alpha level AI core.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 19, 2021, 04:18:36 AM »

Colony interaction as in you go into a colony and a list of options show up? Ei. Comms directory, take a shuttle to the dockside bar? If yes, then no I don't see any special option or any terraforming option. The "Special Functions" is part of Nexerelin .

Yes, set that option to true and then interact with a colony. You should see the menu as one of the options.

I feel like CHAMELEON is kinda.... underwhelming. I wish it would be more expensive to build, BUT also work system wide. Having it work only on one world feels kinda strange for a supercomputer with an alpha level AI core.

This wouldn't work from a coding standpoint - I haven't been able to find a way to correctly influence the pather interest on a colony other than the one where the structure is built.

wolfredok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 19, 2021, 11:57:05 AM »

Yes, set that option to true and then interact with a colony. You should see the menu as one of the options.

This wouldn't work from a coding standpoint - I haven't been able to find a way to correctly influence the pather interest on a colony other than the one where the structure is built.

Aye, thank you boggled. It works now. I should have just tried setting everything to true till it worked  ;D ;D

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 19, 2021, 04:52:26 PM »

Hey man, I'm working on a mod exactly like the Unknown skies mod have any idea how you made that compatible with this mod? Is it done on my side or as I assume from your side? Could you give some information on where your mod needs to be compatible with my planet types like one of mine is an Exotic World it is basically similar to Jungle worlds in all respects. With only a cosmetic difference.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 20, 2021, 04:30:44 AM »

Hey man, I'm working on a mod exactly like the Unknown skies mod have any idea how you made that compatible with this mod? Is it done on my side or as I assume from your side? Could you give some information on where your mod needs to be compatible with my planet types like one of mine is an Exotic World it is basically similar to Jungle worlds in all respects. With only a cosmetic difference.

I would have to add support for your planet types in my mod for them to work correctly. Just send me a list of the planet type IDs and what sort of planet they should be recognized as (ex. flacman_exotic is a jungle world) and I'll issue a patch to support them!

VivaLozTioz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 20, 2021, 06:53:45 AM »

just out of lazyness, i couldnt find any update in regards to the quest for the special conquest or how to enable/disable it. so i'm wondering if it's still a thing?

Anyways, great Mod and thanks for all the effort boggled put into it
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 219