Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070845 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.0)
« Reply #1260 on: May 14, 2021, 06:48:13 PM »

Hello,

I have a question about the terraforming menu on the toolbar. is it gone or is it changed to something else? I remember from the previous version, there was a menu on the toolbar and now I don't see it.

Thanks for making this mod
Cycle between your toolbars, then right click to add / replace / remove abilities.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Vendral

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 14, 2021, 10:45:38 PM »

Thank you for the mod, it adds a lot to the game and helps curb some of RNG frustration that can happen with Starsector from time to time.
Not sure if this is a bug, but I noticed that player made stations with Commerce do not charge a tariff on the Independent market.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 15, 2021, 05:24:21 AM »

Hello,

I have a question about the terraforming menu on the toolbar. is it gone or is it changed to something else? I remember from the previous version, there was a menu on the toolbar and now I don't see it.

Cycle between your toolbars, then right click to add / replace / remove abilities.

The terraforming menu has actually been removed in the latest version of the mod. There's an option in the settings file to re-enable it (but it's on the colony interaction screen now).

Thank you for the mod, it adds a lot to the game and helps curb some of RNG frustration that can happen with Starsector from time to time.
Not sure if this is a bug, but I noticed that player made stations with Commerce do not charge a tariff on the Independent market.

I don't think this mod would cause that behavior. Are you running any other mods which interact with colonies and/or the economy?

Vendral

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 15, 2021, 10:24:04 AM »

Quote from: boggled

I don't think this mod would cause that behavior. Are you running any other mods which interact with colonies and/or the economy?

Not that I know of or see in the mods section.

Only other mods I have are not econ related and, other than Unknown Skies, are either libraries or minor quality of life changes ( notifications, combat speedup, and the like).

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 15, 2021, 11:25:15 AM »

Hello

With 0.95 adding some new special items that are picky with their installation requirements, have you thought of allowing Terraforming structures too negatively impact planets? IE removal of an atmosphere, so u can install the refining catalyst and such, etc?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 15, 2021, 11:46:24 AM »

Hello

With 0.95 adding some new special items that are picky with their installation requirements, have you thought of allowing Terraforming structures too negatively impact planets? IE removal of an atmosphere, so u can install the refining catalyst and such, etc?

Hmm, I hadn't really considered that. I'm not sure many players would want to use those buildings though. Do you have any ideas for structures that could remove positive conditions?

Quote from: boggled

Not that I know of or see in the mods section.

Only other mods I have are not econ related and, other than Unknown Skies, are either libraries or minor quality of life changes ( notifications, combat speedup, and the like).

I was able to reproduce this problem and I'm looking into fixing it. Thanks for letting me know!

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 16, 2021, 01:55:53 AM »

After trying the station construction mechanics i had a thought, would it be possible the expand the "colonize abandoned station" to derelict stations? IE, research stations, orbital habitats and mining stations you can find in the procedurally generated sections of the sector instead of just the abandoned stations in the core. Each of them could have their own unique bonuses beyond just being orbital habitats or mining stations, IE extensive/vast ruins in research stations for tech mining, reclaimed mining stations could have abundant ore instead of moderate, although i'm not sure what reclaimed orbital habitats could have. I think this would be ballanced because the chances of finding a derelict station inside of a system you would actually want to colonize are probably slim.

Hmm, I hadn't really considered that. I'm not sure many players would want to use those buildings though. Do you have any ideas for structures that could remove positive conditions?
PS: Stellar reflector arrays to increase or decrease temperature instead of balancing it?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.1)
« Reply #1267 on: May 16, 2021, 08:37:23 AM »

After trying the station construction mechanics i had a thought, would it be possible the expand the "colonize abandoned station" to derelict stations? IE, research stations, orbital habitats and mining stations you can find in the procedurally generated sections of the sector instead of just the abandoned stations in the core. Each of them could have their own unique bonuses beyond just being orbital habitats or mining stations, IE extensive/vast ruins in research stations for tech mining, reclaimed mining stations could have abundant ore instead of moderate, although i'm not sure what reclaimed orbital habitats could have. I think this would be ballanced because the chances of finding a derelict station inside of a system you would actually want to colonize are probably slim.

PS: Stellar reflector arrays to increase or decrease temperature instead of balancing it?

Derelict stations are for looting. Colonizing abandoned stations is meant for ones the player built themselves or the "named" ones in the core.

Reflectors are already a little bit complicated, and I don't want to increase that by adding the ability to make temperatures worse. Also, I'm not sure from a UI standpoint how the player would swap between modes - all the options seem awkward and counterintuitive.

MrSamsa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 16, 2021, 12:01:53 PM »

Just chiming in here to say thanks for this brilliant addon. I played back when Ironclads addon was in its prime and decided to lurk until Starsector was "ripe" again, once I saw that my fav factions were usable and TASC had a copycat mod I knew the time was Ooorite.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 16, 2021, 02:00:50 PM »

Just chiming in here to say thanks for this brilliant addon. I played back when Ironclads addon was in its prime and decided to lurk until Starsector was "ripe" again, once I saw that my fav factions were usable and TASC had a copycat mod I knew the time was Ooorite.

I'm glad you like the mod!

danielcus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 16, 2021, 07:14:49 PM »

Hello,

The terraforming menu has actually been removed in the latest version of the mod. There's an option in the settings file to re-enable it (but it's on the colony interaction screen now).

Thanks!

minusthedrifter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 18, 2021, 03:00:05 AM »

Quick question regarding the Genelab, apologies if it's been answered somewhere before in 85 pages. Will it remove more "mild" negative modifiers like inimical biosphere? Or will domed cities always be a requirement for planets with that effect even if it's terraformed into a paradise world?

Also I assume since the terraforming says "permanent" once a planet has reached paradise status it'd be safe to remove the Genelab from the planet? How long does it take generally to actually terraform?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 18, 2021, 04:15:05 AM »

Quick question regarding the Genelab, apologies if it's been answered somewhere before in 85 pages. Will it remove more "mild" negative modifiers like inimical biosphere? Or will domed cities always be a requirement for planets with that effect even if it's terraformed into a paradise world?

Also I assume since the terraforming says "permanent" once a planet has reached paradise status it'd be safe to remove the Genelab from the planet? How long does it take generally to actually terraform?

The genelab does not remove inimical biosphere.

The default terraforming time is 400 days, but you can edit that using the settings file.

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 18, 2021, 05:04:33 AM »

Maybe we can have an Ismara's Sling increase ground defense power by a massive amount if assigned with an alpha core (or being improved).
I just suddenly realized that an Ismara's Sling is a (number of) giant mass accelerator(s), which means it can potentially target incoming enemy fleet/landing shuttles with the help of an alpha core's supreme computing power. Improving an Ismara's Sling may achieve similar effects by having better targeting ability, such as being more rotatable or having better computing power. The gain can be massive, since it's MASSIVE mass accelerator

by the way can we terraform cryovolcanic or artificial worlds via old-fashioned terraforming? I'll be very glad to see these options available.
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 18, 2021, 05:23:09 AM »

by the way can we terraform cryovolcanic or artificial worlds via old-fashioned terraforming? I'll be very glad to see these options available.

Yes, just enable the unrestricted terraforming option in the settings file.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 219