Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070973 times)

MagPoke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.0.1)
« Reply #1230 on: May 04, 2021, 05:40:04 AM »

Never mind I'm stupid. I forgot to change the mod settings after I updated the mod. Thanks for your patience and work!

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 05, 2021, 02:43:09 AM »

Good day. Sorry for using google translate.

Hi, is there a way to make a light version of the mod? Buildings AI Battlestation, Domain-tech Comm Relays, Nav Buoys and Sensor Arrays, Inactive Gates are good in themselves and it would be amazing to be able to use them in conjunction with another mod for terraforming. For a change, I would like to try these buildings in conjunction with the DIY Planets mod - Terraforming and more.

DAVACE

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 05, 2021, 04:16:44 AM »

After the resources of the gaseous planet are changed, the resources of the siphon station will not change. Is this a bug?

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 05, 2021, 11:07:40 AM »

Someone mentioned earlier that if you just update the fileversion info on the old system (0.91) it will still run just fine with the new game update (0.95).  I've tested this and it is true!

So for everyone who wants the old system back, or is still running game version 0.91, here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/io86avsngevriva/Terraforming_and_Station_Construction.zip/file

This is the old 0.91 version with the version info faked changed to so that 0.95 will run it anyway.  As I said, no problems in testing so far.  No more G.E.C.K. hunting - asteroid breaking is back, baby! 

Might also be useful for anyone still playing the 0.91 version of the game, since Boggled is no longer linking to that version anymore.  You'll probably have to move the version info back, of course, if you want to play it on there.  It's one line of a text file, though - I think you all can figure it out without an instruction manual.

For everyone who likes the new system please just ignore this post.  It's not really here.  No need to comment on it.  It was all just your imagination.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 05, 2021, 12:48:02 PM »

Good day. Sorry for using google translate.

Hi, is there a way to make a light version of the mod? Buildings AI Battlestation, Domain-tech Comm Relays, Nav Buoys and Sensor Arrays, Inactive Gates are good in themselves and it would be amazing to be able to use them in conjunction with another mod for terraforming. For a change, I would like to try these buildings in conjunction with the DIY Planets mod - Terraforming and more.

Use the settings file to disable the parts of the mod you don't like.

After the resources of the gaseous planet are changed, the resources of the siphon station will not change. Is this a bug?

I didn't consider this situation when coding the siphon station. I will make the siphon station update based on the planet resources for the next patch. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Borki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 06, 2021, 06:30:28 AM »

Hello! I just built Kletka Simulator and it's not producing cores. I have plently Domain artifacts, i also installed Alpha Core into Kletka and improved it with story points. Right now i should have: 35% to get Allpha core, 25% for Beta and Gamma and 15% to get nothing. Yet i never even had a gamma. What might be a reason?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 06, 2021, 07:19:03 AM »

Hello! I just built Kletka Simulator and it's not producing cores. I have plently Domain artifacts, i also installed Alpha Core into Kletka and improved it with story points. Right now i should have: 35% to get Allpha core, 25% for Beta and Gamma and 15% to get nothing. Yet i never even had a gamma. What might be a reason?

Are you looking at the cargo gathering point where the cores are delivered? Have you checked the cargo report at the end of the month to see if anything is there?

Borki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 06, 2021, 08:04:57 AM »

Are you looking at the cargo gathering point where the cores are delivered? Have you checked the cargo report at the end of the month to see if anything is there?

My bad. I've found little batards at another planet. I expected cores to be stored at planed where they've been manufactured.

Anrock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 08, 2021, 06:41:27 AM »

How do I use Asteroid Processing facility?

I have a system with two colonies on desert planets and a Siphoning station near a gas giant. I've built Asteroid Processing structure on this Siphoning station but I don't see any effects.

No special conditions on desert planets appeared, manage menu for Asteroid Processing structure only has "Shutdown option" and nothing new appeared in available structure list on desert planets.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 08, 2021, 07:17:32 AM »

How do I use Asteroid Processing facility?

I have a system with two colonies on desert planets and a Siphoning station near a gas giant. I've built Asteroid Processing structure on this Siphoning station but I don't see any effects.

No special conditions on desert planets appeared, manage menu for Asteroid Processing structure only has "Shutdown option" and nothing new appeared in available structure list on desert planets.

It supplies water for terraforming. If you try to terraform the desert planets with the genelab, you'll now be able to do so.

Anrock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 08, 2021, 07:19:51 AM »

It supplies water for terraforming. If you try to terraform the desert planets with the genelab, you'll now be able to do so.

Oh, I see. And to start terraforming do I also need EUTEC item for genelab or it's possible without it? What exactly will happen as a result of terraforming? In-game tooltips and guide in op post not really elaborate on those things :(

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 08, 2021, 07:41:24 AM »

Oh, I see. And to start terraforming do I also need EUTEC item for genelab or it's possible without it? What exactly will happen as a result of terraforming? In-game tooltips and guide in op post not really elaborate on those things :(

Straight from the terraforming section of the mod guide:

Install a E.U.T.E.C.K. to permanently terraform the planet. By default, installing a E.U.T.E.C.K. will automatically begin the process of transforming the planet into a Paradise world, which is essentially a Terran planet with bountiful farmland and a mild climate. Please note that by default, only planets with the "habitable" condition can be terraformed into a Paradise world. Using the settings file, the "old-style" terraforming system can be enabled to create a variety of different planet types and improve conditions on the planet.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.0)
« Reply #1242 on: May 10, 2021, 04:21:07 AM »

The Stellar Reflector Array and Ismara's Sling have no improvement or AI core bonuses right now. If anyone can think of interesting bonuses (beyond upkeep reduction or increased terraforming speed), please make a suggestion!

Improving planetary defense, perhaps? Think about it, if the reflector array is basically a big space mirror, what happens if you focus all that light onto a much smaller point as opposed to a diffuse scattering over a large portion of the planet? ;)

Handwave concerns with some stuff about needing the massive processing power of an AI core to do it in a way that won't damage the reflector or cause collateral damage to structures and defenders on the ground, if it needs handwaving.

Likewise for Ismara's Sling - having to navigate around/avoid incoming projectiles on approach would make invasions harder. That, or perhaps it could increase the resource output of any Mining/Void Extraction Industries in the same system if that's plausible.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 10, 2021, 08:10:20 AM »

The Stellar Reflector Array and Ismara's Sling have no improvement or AI core bonuses right now. If anyone can think of interesting bonuses (beyond upkeep reduction or increased terraforming speed), please make a suggestion!

Improving planetary defense, perhaps? Think about it, if the reflector array is basically a big space mirror, what happens if you focus all that light onto a much smaller point as opposed to a diffuse scattering over a large portion of the planet? ;)

Handwave concerns with some stuff about needing the massive processing power of an AI core to do it in a way that won't damage the reflector or cause collateral damage to structures and defenders on the ground, if it needs handwaving.

Likewise for Ismara's Sling - having to navigate around/avoid incoming projectiles on approach would make invasions harder. That, or perhaps it could increase the resource output of any Mining/Void Extraction Industries in the same system if that's plausible.

The "sun gun" concept is interesting and has a real life basis. I'll probably implement that in a future patch.

I think it would work from a coding standpoint to have the sling boost production in-system, but I'm not sure how that would make sense from a lore/realism standpoint.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 10, 2021, 08:51:26 AM »

Realistically, Ismara's Sling should give an accessibility bonus.
Mass drivers and launch loops are often mentioned alongside space elevators and skyhooks as means of cheaply going to space, so having them and using them solely for the purpose of transporting water-ice seems silly.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 219