Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070568 times)

Goldendragonfinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.0.0)
« Reply #1215 on: May 02, 2021, 02:18:13 AM »

I'm not sure if the mod is bugged or whatnot, but my terraforming progrees is all over the place.

The progress on one of my planets was at 53% at one point, but when i came back a little later it was down to 13%.

Am i doing something wrong?

It should only go down if you change the terraforming project or you change the number of days required in the settings file. Did you do either of those things?

My EUTEK terraforming is a little wonky as well, I had one stay at 0% for very long
Then I decided to test it by removing and placing it back
I placed another EUTEK on a cold planet in the same system that says "progress is halted due to temperatures" (both are habitable)
and suddenly both planets went to 1%
I removed the EUTEK from the cold planet
and the previous jungle planet's progress went to 0% again
I removed and replaced the jungle planet's EUTEK and I'm just gonna keep playing, will update if I see more wonky stuff

Interesting. I'll do some testing to see if I can replicate this problem. Thanks for reporting it!

Same issues on my end, along with not getting access to the terraforming menu on occasion due to the option just not being there, sometimes

Edit: I think i found the issue causing the menu to disappear ,i've set it so that i can keep using the E.U.T.E.C  and i have multiple gene labs with the E.U.T.E.C installed, which is somehow confusing it with another planet. in other word's i can only run one genelab/terraforming project one at a time
Double Edit: did some more testing, and it looks like you cant interact with another planet that has the entire genelab ensemble without it causing some kind of menu bug.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 02:58:16 AM by Goldendragonfinn »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 02, 2021, 06:13:22 AM »

I'm not sure if the mod is bugged or whatnot, but my terraforming progrees is all over the place.

The progress on one of my planets was at 53% at one point, but when i came back a little later it was down to 13%.

Am i doing something wrong?

It should only go down if you change the terraforming project or you change the number of days required in the settings file. Did you do either of those things?

My EUTEK terraforming is a little wonky as well, I had one stay at 0% for very long
Then I decided to test it by removing and placing it back
I placed another EUTEK on a cold planet in the same system that says "progress is halted due to temperatures" (both are habitable)
and suddenly both planets went to 1%
I removed the EUTEK from the cold planet
and the previous jungle planet's progress went to 0% again
I removed and replaced the jungle planet's EUTEK and I'm just gonna keep playing, will update if I see more wonky stuff

Interesting. I'll do some testing to see if I can replicate this problem. Thanks for reporting it!

Same issues on my end, along with not getting access to the terraforming menu on occasion due to the option just not being there, sometimes

Edit: I think i found the issue causing the menu to disappear ,i've set it so that i can keep using the E.U.T.E.C  and i have multiple gene labs with the E.U.T.E.C installed, which is somehow confusing it with another planet. in other word's i can only run one genelab/terraforming project one at a time
Double Edit: did some more testing, and it looks like you cant interact with another planet that has the entire genelab ensemble without it causing some kind of menu bug.

I think I know what's causing this. I'm going to try to issue a patch today to fix it. Sorry about the bug!

Alphonselle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.0.1)
« Reply #1217 on: May 02, 2021, 04:37:30 PM »

I've seen the euteck terraforming resetting back to 0% and starting all over, which I suspect to be a disruption in DEA shipping. I tried to put a stockpile of DEA into said colony and the terraforming went perfectly well. Maybe you could keep the progress disruption by the lack of DEA, I think that is pretty ok.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 05:02:06 PM by Alphonselle »

Goldendragonfinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 02, 2021, 08:37:38 PM »

I think I know what's causing this. I'm going to try to issue a patch today to fix it. Sorry about the bug!

Thanks for the update, however i've got the same bad news, it's still happening. My guess is that there's some compatabiltiy issues with the mods im running and i'll just have to keep doing them one at a time.

Jazuke Taizago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 03, 2021, 01:49:40 AM »

Just informing you that after i got the newest patch of this Mod. My game has become weird, and started eating all my CPU and starting to operate very slowly and have spike lags when it reaches that point, after some time running Starsector.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 03, 2021, 07:55:41 AM »

Just informing you that after i got the newest patch of this Mod. My game has become weird, and started eating all my CPU and starting to operate very slowly and have spike lags when it reaches that point, after some time running Starsector.

So it was working fine on 7.0.0 but when you installed 7.0.1 the lag spikes started occurring? Unless other users of this mod experience the same problem, I would suspect a different mod or some other computer issue is the cause.

Thanks for the update, however i've got the same bad news, it's still happening. My guess is that there's some compatabiltiy issues with the mods im running and i'll just have to keep doing them one at a time.

Just to clarify, which problem is occurring? The terraforming progress gets reset, or the menu bug? I was able to replicate the terraforming progress issues and fixed them in 7.0.1, but I wasn't able to replicate the menu bug.

Can you post a screenshot of the menu bug? Are you using any other mods which change/interact with the colony interaction menu? If you create a new game with only my mod installed, are you able to replicate it?

I've seen the euteck terraforming resetting back to 0% and starting all over, which I suspect to be a disruption in DEA shipping. I tried to put a stockpile of DEA into said colony and the terraforming went perfectly well. Maybe you could keep the progress disruption by the lack of DEA, I think that is pretty ok.

Are you on patch 7.0.1? This is caused by a bug and I think I fixed it!

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 03, 2021, 09:10:16 AM »

Use the addcredits and fastbuild commands to quickly restore the Genelabs once the mod is updated. If this is not done, a null exception will be thrown on game load. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Wouldn't it be quicker to use the following?

Code
addindustry boggled_genelab

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 03, 2021, 09:13:04 AM »

Use the addcredits and fastbuild commands to quickly restore the Genelabs once the mod is updated. If this is not done, a null exception will be thrown on game load. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Wouldn't it be quicker to use the following?

Code
addindustry boggled_genelab

I suppose that would work too. I always use addcredits and fastbuild, but there's several ways to do it.

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 03, 2021, 10:29:22 AM »

For some reason I still can't load after removing the gene lab
with the gene lab around the load will instantly give an error
but after deconstructing them the loading bar starts but it gives me this error upon load for some reason, so something has changed
am I doing something wrong or is did some AI colony build one
Spoiler
111709 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
111710 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  -
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException
cause-message       : Cannot set field
class               : data.campaign.econ.industries.Boggled_Genelab
required-type       : data.campaign.econ.industries.Boggled_Genelab
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
line number         : 880158
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.econ.MonthlyReport$FDNode
class[2]            : java.util.LinkedHashMap
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.econ.MonthlyReport
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.SharedData
class[5]            : java.util.HashMap
class[6]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[2]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
[close]

just in case its an isolated issue with my save, is there a command to insta finish the terraforming?, I don't want to start a new save yet

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 03, 2021, 10:41:05 AM »

For some reason I still can't load after removing the gene lab
with the gene lab around the load will instantly give an error
but after deconstructing them the loading bar starts but it gives me this error upon load for some reason, so something has changed
am I doing something wrong or is did some AI colony build one
Spoiler
111709 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
111710 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  -
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
[close]

just in case its an isolated issue with my save, is there a command to insta finish the terraforming?, I don't want to start a new save yet

Hmm, it looks like the old genelab is still in the monthly reports in this save. I would suggest deconstructing them, waiting until after the end of the month, and then swapping the mod version.

If you don't want to bother with that, you can use the settings file to make the days required for terraforming only 1 day, in which case it will complete right away. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Alphonselle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 03, 2021, 04:20:49 PM »

Nope, this was in 7.0.0. also funny how it was supposed to be backward incompatible yet I'm still running 7.0.0 on my 6.0.0 save file, pretty interesting. I could throw you my save if you find it fascinating somehow.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:22:35 PM by Alphonselle »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 03, 2021, 06:22:59 PM »

Nope, this was in 7.0.0. also funny how it was supposed to be backward incompatible yet I'm still running 7.0.0 on my 6.0.0 save file, pretty interesting. I could throw you my save if you find it fascinating somehow.

The main changes in 7.0.0 relate to the Genelab and Crustacean Job quest, so if you haven't interacted with that content at all in 6.0.0 the upgrade could work. It would be too complicated and time consuming to figure out exactly what works and what doesn't, so I just said it's backwards incompatible, since it will be for most players.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 03, 2021, 10:27:41 PM »

On another note, have you considered adding synergy between your stations and planets? For example, something like a space elevator to give a bonus to the planet based on the number of astropolises orbiting it, upkeeped by your Artifacts.

Here's an idea on that:

1) Give Astropoli an innate Accessibility bonus.

2) Make it so that having a Space Elevator requires an Astropolis station (at least one) as an anchor.

3) Once built, the Accessibility of the planet becomes equal to that of the Astropolis if the latter is a higher score.

Example: Astropolis has an Accessibility of 150.  The planet has an Accessibility of 80.  Planet builds a Space Elevator, now has an Accessibility of 150.

A second idea on that: If there is a Space Elevator and the planet produces a resource that the Astropolis needs, then that resource is automatically delivered each month without the need of trade fleets. 

Example: Planet mines Organics, Astropolis has Light Industry.  Space Elevator delivers the Organics automatically.  Pirates and other trade interruptions would have no effect on this.

A third idea on that: A Space Elevator would allow both the Astropolis and the planet to combine their ground defense scores so long as least one (regular defense) station was still operational.  In other words, the only way to cut off the ferrying off defense forces from one to the other would be to knock out both the Astropolis defense station and the planetary defense first.  If there is more than one Astropolis they do not stack; just use whichever one is highest.

Example: Kadur tries to invade a planet with a ground defense of 100.  The planet has an Astropolis in orbit with a ground defense of 250.  So long as either defense station is operational both of them will have an effective ground defense of 350, as ferrying troops and supplies can be done quickly and easily between the two.  This would make a wonderful counter to the "Domed Cities" malus - when invaders come, orbital drop troops launch into battle to save the day.

MagPoke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 04, 2021, 05:27:31 AM »

I also have the menu bug. Even while playing with just this mod it happens (the terraforming options don't show up when you open the colony menu...but the buildings still work).

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 04, 2021, 05:33:04 AM »

On another note, have you considered adding synergy between your stations and planets? For example, something like a space elevator to give a bonus to the planet based on the number of astropolises orbiting it, upkeeped by your Artifacts.

Here's an idea on that:

1) Give Astropoli an innate Accessibility bonus.

2) Make it so that having a Space Elevator requires an Astropolis station (at least one) as an anchor.

3) Once built, the Accessibility of the planet becomes equal to that of the Astropolis if the latter is a higher score.

Example: Astropolis has an Accessibility of 150.  The planet has an Accessibility of 80.  Planet builds a Space Elevator, now has an Accessibility of 150.

A second idea on that: If there is a Space Elevator and the planet produces a resource that the Astropolis needs, then that resource is automatically delivered each month without the need of trade fleets. 

Example: Planet mines Organics, Astropolis has Light Industry.  Space Elevator delivers the Organics automatically.  Pirates and other trade interruptions would have no effect on this.

A third idea on that: A Space Elevator would allow both the Astropolis and the planet to combine their ground defense scores so long as least one (regular defense) station was still operational.  In other words, the only way to cut off the ferrying off defense forces from one to the other would be to knock out both the Astropolis defense station and the planetary defense first.  If there is more than one Astropolis they do not stack; just use whichever one is highest.

Example: Kadur tries to invade a planet with a ground defense of 100.  The planet has an Astropolis in orbit with a ground defense of 250.  So long as either defense station is operational both of them will have an effective ground defense of 350, as ferrying troops and supplies can be done quickly and easily between the two.  This would make a wonderful counter to the "Domed Cities" malus - when invaders come, orbital drop troops launch into battle to save the day.

These are all very interesting ideas, but they aren't feasible because I won't be able to code them to work properly. I think I would have to overwrite the Market classes from vanilla to make it work, and I'm pretty sure Nexerelin does the same thing, so I can't do that without causing an incompatibility. I'm definitely not an expert at programming so maybe I'm missing something, but as far as I can tell, this can't be done in a way that won't cause bugs using the vanilla APIs.

I also have the menu bug. Even while playing with just this mod it happens (the terraforming options don't show up when you open the colony menu...but the buildings still work).

Can you post a screenshot? Did you enable the additional projects using the settings file? Does it happen at only certain planets, or all planets? Are any of the planets core sector ones, rather than procedurally generated ones?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 219