Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070587 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.0.0)
« Reply #1185 on: April 27, 2021, 11:10:34 AM »

It seems like Archepelago world from Unknown Skies uses Aquaculture instead of Farming industry now even though it lacks water covered condition like water worlds. Could you please change the way your mod checks whatever the world could be seeded with lobsters or not? Instead of looking for condition check for existing Aquaculture industry or something like that.

I'll look into this. Thanks for letting me know!

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 27, 2021, 02:09:31 PM »

I have to ask, does this work with industrial evolution, beyond the sector and grand colonies?

Also, will this bork my current save file?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 27, 2021, 03:23:41 PM »

I have to ask, does this work with industrial evolution, beyond the sector and grand colonies?

Also, will this bork my current save file?

It will work fine with a current save file.

Industrial Evolution is compatible, the other two are untested by me but assumed compatible.

ShangTai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 28, 2021, 12:14:03 AM »

I play with IndEvo and Grand Colonies and it works fine, but i only use station feature from this mod.

Mikis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 28, 2021, 02:08:48 AM »

Hi, does this mod work with DYI planets?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 28, 2021, 05:23:03 AM »

Hi, does this mod work with DYI planets?

Yes, but you have to disable the terraforming features in this mod.

tsoods

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 28, 2021, 10:00:02 AM »

Like, how does one find the "E.U.T.E.C.K." item?

[attachment deleted by admin]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 28, 2021, 10:13:48 AM »

Like, how does one find the "E.U.T.E.C.K." item?

It drops from the same events as other special items like the fusion lamp. You can modify the drop rates in the CSV file if you want to find more or less of them.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 28, 2021, 10:40:59 AM »

I've set cramped quarters and being able to upgrade station habitation space (don't recall the exact term, haven't gotten to colonies yet) on, but every vanilla space station I see is limited to the base of size 3. I'm not running Nex so it doesn't really matter to either NPC factions or to me, but it is jarring to see, say, Nova Maxios apparently cram 10^6 people in a space that couldn't really house 10^3 all that comfortably. Can that detail be fixed, or am I going to have to assume the independents are keeping some impressive Domain-era levels of clown car technology to themselves?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 28, 2021, 11:57:00 AM »

I've set cramped quarters and being able to upgrade station habitation space (don't recall the exact term, haven't gotten to colonies yet) on, but every vanilla space station I see is limited to the base of size 3. I'm not running Nex so it doesn't really matter to either NPC factions or to me, but it is jarring to see, say, Nova Maxios apparently cram 10^6 people in a space that couldn't really house 10^3 all that comfortably. Can that detail be fixed, or am I going to have to assume the independents are keeping some impressive Domain-era levels of clown car technology to themselves?

Nova Maxios is inhabited by refugees from the Maxios collapse, so cramming a huge number of people onto a station would have been a priority for them, despite the difficult conditions.

How would I even go about fixing this? Reducing the size of vanilla colonies if cramped quarters is enabled?

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 28, 2021, 12:23:17 PM »

Sure, but hundreds of thousands (just checked, Nova Maxios is size 5, not 6) on a station which wouldn't grow if it had a population in the thousands because that much population would apparently deteriorate living conditions too much? You'd run into issues with overtaxing life support systems beyond their limits or something eventually, surely.

If the option to upgrade station habitation space is enabled, simply give vanilla markets the structure/upgrade that allows them to support population sizes that match their market size. If that option isn't enabled...no idea. The only thing I can think of would be to change the description of the Cramped Quarters market condition to something that doesn't make it sounds like a size 3 station housing a size 5 population should break down and die horribly, but still retain a reason why people wouldn't go to live there despite the Sector being in an age where choice isn't always available on the open market. I've no idea how you'd phrase that.

Alphonselle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 28, 2021, 12:44:50 PM »

I'm not sure if this suggestion has been made yet, but here I am.
Do you think that now we are able to use the gate system, isnt it a good idea to add accessibility and stability bonus to friendly planet whose system has an operational gate?
(I know this is probably not the right thread to post this in but still)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 28, 2021, 02:43:12 PM »

Sure, but hundreds of thousands (just checked, Nova Maxios is size 5, not 6) on a station which wouldn't grow if it had a population in the thousands because that much population would apparently deteriorate living conditions too much? You'd run into issues with overtaxing life support systems beyond their limits or something eventually, surely.

If the option to upgrade station habitation space is enabled, simply give vanilla markets the structure/upgrade that allows them to support population sizes that match their market size. If that option isn't enabled...no idea. The only thing I can think of would be to change the description of the Cramped Quarters market condition to something that doesn't make it sounds like a size 3 station housing a size 5 population should break down and die horribly, but still retain a reason why people wouldn't go to live there despite the Sector being in an age where choice isn't always available on the open market. I've no idea how you'd phrase that.

The current description for Cramped Quarters is:

"Space stations can only comfortably accommodate a population of modest size. As the population grows, living conditions deteriorate due to lack of space, which deters further population growth."

That doesn't imply a hard limit based on life support - it's more analogous to the housing shortage problems in places with high population density (ex. Hong Kong). Since the lore says that population growth is primarily driven by immigration, housing shortages (and the attendant high prices) will effectively stop immigration, except with something like the Maxios collapse where people had no choice but to move to an overcrowded station.

I'm not sure if this suggestion has been made yet, but here I am.
Do you think that now we are able to use the gate system, isnt it a good idea to add accessibility and stability bonus to friendly planet whose system has an operational gate?
(I know this is probably not the right thread to post this in but still)

I think the lore is that only the player can use the gates, which means colony bonuses wouldn't make sense.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 28, 2021, 03:37:53 PM »

hmmm, i think, although i may be recalling it wrong, in the last couple of dialogues at the end of the quest they said if you had a coronal hypershunt and something else you could keep the gates permanently active so (supposedly) anyone could use them. gates near a claimed colonal hypershunt (ie 10 light years) can give a big accesibility buff too colonies in system?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 28, 2021, 03:40:00 PM »

hmmm, i think, although i may be recalling it wrong, in the last couple of dialogues at the end of the quest they said if you had a coronal hypershunt and something else you could keep the gates permanently active so (supposedly) anyone could use them. gates near a claimed colonal hypershunt (ie 10 light years) can give a big accesibility buff too colonies in system?

I haven't played the quest yet myself so I'll have to revisit this later once I have.

Either way, this appears to be outside the scope of this mod as the gate activation is a vanilla feature.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 219