Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070478 times)

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v6.0.0)
« Reply #1110 on: April 14, 2021, 07:29:23 AM »

From a lore standpoint, what are organics? Does it make sense for them to be used to create a breathable atmosphere? Maybe a heavy machinery demand instead would make more sense, but I'm not sure.
It's not outright stated anywhere, but based on how they're used, I'm pretty sure Organics are the elements represented by the CHON or CHNOPS acronyms.
Light Industry's demand for them as well as the description for the "Plentiful Organics" condition makes it rather obvious that "Organics" include hydrocarbons(H and C), and since there's a base demand for them in every non-Habitable colony, they must also cover breathable air, which is mostly oxygen and nitrogen(O and N).
So yes, I would say it makes sense to represent breathable air supply with an Organics demand.
Ismara's Sling will be back as part of the planet type transformation rework, so I don't want to use it as part of the Domed Cities requirements.
There might've been a failure in communication there.
I didn't suggest using Ismara's Sling to transport air like it transports water-ice, I suggested implementing something similar, like a reworked Atmospheric Processor.
I don't want the Genelab to be a prerequisite, but perhaps the Alpha core or improvement bonus on the Genelab could increase income from the Mesozoic Park. I'll look into this.
Fair. I just thought that the dinosaurs have to come from somewhere.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 14, 2021, 08:19:18 AM »

From a lore standpoint, what are organics? Does it make sense for them to be used to create a breathable atmosphere? Maybe a heavy machinery demand instead would make more sense, but I'm not sure.
It's not outright stated anywhere, but based on how they're used, I'm pretty sure Organics are the elements represented by the CHON or CHNOPS acronyms.
Light Industry's demand for them as well as the description for the "Plentiful Organics" condition makes it rather obvious that "Organics" include hydrocarbons(H and C), and since there's a base demand for them in every non-Habitable colony, they must also cover breathable air, which is mostly oxygen and nitrogen(O and N).
So yes, I would say it makes sense to represent breathable air supply with an Organics demand.
Ismara's Sling will be back as part of the planet type transformation rework, so I don't want to use it as part of the Domed Cities requirements.
There might've been a failure in communication there.
I didn't suggest using Ismara's Sling to transport air like it transports water-ice, I suggested implementing something similar, like a reworked Atmospheric Processor.
I don't want the Genelab to be a prerequisite, but perhaps the Alpha core or improvement bonus on the Genelab could increase income from the Mesozoic Park. I'll look into this.
Fair. I just thought that the dinosaurs have to come from somewhere.

I had no idea about the organics demand on non-habitable markets. But if Population and Infrastructure already demands organics, making Domed Cities require them too would seem redundant, since the colony already has them.

The Atmosphere Processor idea is interesting, but I don't want to require another colonized habitable market in-system since this would preclude building Domed Cities on a lot of planets. Plus, it's already a complex building with a lot of effects and text on the tooltip, and adding more might not be a good idea.

From a lore standpoint, making the Mesozoic Park require a Genelab would make sense. From a balance standpoint, requiring the player to have a bunch of Domain-era artifact production to support the Genelab, and having the Genelab take up another building slot in the colony seems like it would discourage building the Mesozoic Park and make it not worth the effort, especially since the Mesozoic Park basically requires Domed Cities too to suppress Inimical Biosphere.

I will have to edit the descriptions on the Genelab and Mesozoic Park to fix the lore issues though.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 14, 2021, 09:21:43 AM »

I had no idea about the organics demand on non-habitable markets. But if Population and Infrastructure already demands organics, making Domed Cities require them too would seem redundant, since the colony already has them.
I was thinking that on non-Habitable worlds, Domed Cities should make the Organics demand higher(possibly really high, like colony size plus 2 or more) because they would presumably require far more breathable air than the habitats the people would live in otherwise(represented by a demand of just colony size minus 1).
The Atmosphere Processor idea is interesting, but I don't want to require another colonized habitable market in-system since this would preclude building Domed Cities on a lot of planets. Plus, it's already a complex building with a lot of effects and text on the tooltip, and adding more might not be a good idea.
Fair, but there's also the option of combining the ideas: make it so that Domed Cities on non-Habitable worlds have a high demand for Organics which goes away when there's an in-system Habitable market with the Atmosphere Processor/Distribution Nexus-thing.
That would encourage terraforming without creating a hurdle for those who don't want to bother.

VolturnianMobster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 14, 2021, 12:13:01 PM »

Do you think the gate construction patch will be save-compatible?

Thank you for this mod, I've been using it on countless playthroughs and it has been a lot of fun. I will miss arcology worlds!

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 14, 2021, 12:15:15 PM »

Would it be compatible if I haven't used any of the mod features yet? I mean I have the mod installed but I don't even have a colony yet

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 14, 2021, 12:21:07 PM »

Do you think the gate construction patch will be save-compatible?

Thank you for this mod, I've been using it on countless playthroughs and it has been a lot of fun. I will miss arcology worlds!

I can't say for sure, but I think the upcoming smaller patches will be save compatible. When I add terraforming type changes back in, that will likely not be save compatible.

Would it be compatible if I haven't used any of the mod features yet? I mean I have the mod installed but I don't even have a colony yet

You can back up the old version and try it. It might work if you haven't used any of the mod's features yet and don't have the abilities on your bar.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 14, 2021, 03:56:42 PM »

The new TASC is looking interesting, good luck with reworking the Terraforming aspect of the mod.

Is there any chance that some special industries will be locked by default and require either completing a quest or even just simple exploration to discover their Blueprints?  Industry BPs are sorely underutilized in... well, basically everything.  It'd be cool to have to work (a bit) for my fancy Domain-era improvement industries.

It_that_watches

• Ensign
  • Effigy of Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 14, 2021, 05:32:36 PM »

I couldn't wait to install this mod, literally, and put it into a game already running. It looks like it meshes well with most things, but I seem to have lost the ability to build "Aquaculture" industries on archipelago worlds. Thank you anyways for the flavor and function this adds!

"Don't worry fine citizens living in a literal glass bubble, the battlestation will probably prevent the aforementioned glass defenses from being an issue. Probably."

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 14, 2021, 06:14:23 PM »

The new TASC is looking interesting, good luck with reworking the Terraforming aspect of the mod.

Is there any chance that some special industries will be locked by default and require either completing a quest or even just simple exploration to discover their Blueprints?  Industry BPs are sorely underutilized in... well, basically everything.  It'd be cool to have to work (a bit) for my fancy Domain-era improvement industries.

I probably won't implement blueprints for structures. This is because I would have to write a high-quality quest to unlock them, and that's extremely time consuming and I wouldn't be able to match the quality of the vanilla quests anyway.

I couldn't wait to install this mod, literally, and put it into a game already running. It looks like it meshes well with most things, but I seem to have lost the ability to build "Aquaculture" industries on archipelago worlds. Thank you anyways for the flavor and function this adds!

"Don't worry fine citizens living in a literal glass bubble, the battlestation will probably prevent the aforementioned glass defenses from being an issue. Probably."

Archipelago worlds are from Unknown Skies, not TASC. I don't think I've made any changes that would prevent building aquaculture there. Was it buildable before you enabled TASC?

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 15, 2021, 01:54:32 AM »

I probably won't implement blueprints for structures. This is because I would have to write a high-quality quest to unlock them...
Not nescessarily.
If you did want to use industry blueprints, just defining the specific items and adding them to a drop table would allow them to spawn as salvage.
That might be too random though.

Archipelago worlds are from Unknown Skies, not TASC. I don't think I've made any changes that would prevent building aquaculture there. Was it buildable before you enabled TASC?
Archipelago is defined as cat3 and since the table (as far as I know) can't be extended to include additional types, it is unmodified.
So it has farmland, because aquaculture requires the 'water covered surface' condition that it can't be given via procgen.

Lethargic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 15, 2021, 02:10:45 AM »

Does this mod compatible with DIY planet mod from kentington? I just want to make an absolute colony

VolturnianMobster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 15, 2021, 02:39:39 AM »

Does this mod compatible with DIY planet mod from kentington? I just want to make an absolute colony
Boggled said it might be, if you turn off all terraforming features and limit yourself to buildings/stations.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 16, 2021, 08:05:29 AM »

Can you split off the non-terraforming parts of the mod again? Or make easy to disable only the parts that conflict with DIY Terraforming?

I love both mods.

So it would be great if I could use them both at same time, just disabling the conflicting part.

Even greater would be if they interacted in a positive way (for example DIY colony items working to improve this mod stations)

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 16, 2021, 08:37:19 AM »

Can you split off the non-terraforming parts of the mod again? Or make easy to disable only the parts that conflict with DIY Terraforming?

I love both mods.

So it would be great if I could use them both at same time, just disabling the conflicting part.

Even greater would be if they interacted in a positive way (for example DIY colony items working to improve this mod stations)

The terraforming parts of the mod can already be easily disabled.

Open:

Code
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\Terraforming and Station Construction\data\config\settings.json

Change:

Code
"boggledTerraformingContentEnabled":true,

Into:

Code
"boggledTerraformingContentEnabled":false,

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 16, 2021, 12:40:35 PM »

Is there a way to remove your mod from an ongoing save if Domain Archeology on Agreus, cramped quarters and its universal application to every station is enabled but I did not build anything mod related yet?
I realized 0.95 brought many changes to colonies and I wouldn't like a partially functional mod interfering with that.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 219