Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070385 times)

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.5.0)
« Reply #1095 on: April 11, 2021, 01:54:51 AM »

wonder how station colonies will interact with the requirements of the special items
don't stations technically have no-atmosphere ?
and will you ever add special items in the mod yourself ?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 11, 2021, 05:39:51 AM »

wonder how station colonies will interact with the requirements of the special items

By default, stations cannot slot the "no atmosphere" special items, but I fixed this by overwriting the no atmosphere condition, putting it on all stations, and having it hide and suppress itself on stations so visually the player won't see it. This will break compatibility with any other mod which overwrites no atmosphere, but to my knowledge there are none at this time that do so.

Regarding special items, the E.U.T.E.C.K. will be coming back in 6.0.0. Stay tuned!

Spacejunkhauler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 11, 2021, 10:06:35 AM »

Hey, i found this mod amazing so far. I just have one problem, i cant build Astropolis Stations.

I should mention that i still use an older modset, with 5.4.6 as this mod version, aswell als the previous version of Starsector (so the version before 0.95a).
I dont know if someone can still help me because of this but i wantet to ask anyway.

ian9018

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 11, 2021, 02:31:54 PM »

By default, stations cannot slot the "no atmosphere" special items, but I fixed this by overwriting the no atmosphere condition, putting it on all stations, and having it hide and suppress itself on stations so visually the player won't see it. This will break compatibility with any other mod which overwrites no atmosphere, but to my knowledge there are none at this time that do so.

Regarding special items, the E.U.T.E.C.K. will be coming back in 6.0.0. Stay tuned!

Could you have visible No Atmosphere, and instead add a new modifier like Life Support (or just habitable, i guess. tho habitable would suffer from nanoforge pollution by default) to offset the hazard? If I didn't see it, I might not think to try an item with no atmos req.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 03:00:24 PM by ian9018 »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 12, 2021, 07:44:56 AM »

Could you have visible No Atmosphere, and instead add a new modifier like Life Support (or just habitable, i guess. tho habitable would suffer from nanoforge pollution by default) to offset the hazard? If I didn't see it, I might not think to try an item with no atmos req.

I considered doing that, but I think it would be more complicated than just hiding No Atmosphere, and players would be confused because they wouldn't be aware of the rationale for why those conditions are even there since they just cancel each other out.

Plus, I would have to overwrite the No Atmosphere condition anyway because the icon and description reference a planet, not a station.

InsanityComplx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 12, 2021, 02:20:45 PM »

Any intention on making Hydroponics and Cloning have the same option as the other industries where you can use story points to make improvements?

I would also ask about making soil nanites usable on hydroponics, but from a lore standpoint it doesn't work because that'd require soil.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 12, 2021, 02:34:48 PM »

Any intention on making Hydroponics and Cloning have the same option as the other industries where you can use story points to make improvements?

I would also ask about making soil nanites usable on hydroponics, but from a lore standpoint it doesn't work because that'd require soil.

Yes, I've already made changes to allow Hydroponics and Cloning to be improved to increase production. They are still non-default in 6.0.0.

You're right, the description on soil nanites is not compatible with Hydroponics being able to install it, so I haven't made that change.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v6.0.0)
« Reply #1102 on: April 13, 2021, 06:17:39 PM »

So what happen if I mix this with DIY planets?

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 13, 2021, 07:14:43 PM »

i love you
also on siphon stations can you use Plasma Dynamo ?
or is the station itself a crude version of the plasma dynamo anyway ?

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 13, 2021, 08:58:59 PM »

1. Colonies that aren't Habitable have a background demand for Organics to represent the need for Earth-like air.
2. Habitable domes that cover dozens of kilometers would surely need an immense supply of air.

With these two things considered, Domed Cities on non-Habitable colonies should probably have a (really) high demand for Organics to work properly.

OR

You could make it so that such Domed Cities would only function when an in-system Habitable world has an Ismara's Sling-like structure(perhaps a repurposed Atmosphere Processor?) that harvests the oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere and distributes it to them.
That seems like something that would give this new suppression mechanic some more depth while also making terraforming worthwhile-to-necessary, depending on the system.

I can't believe I have to find ways to justify the creation of terran-adjacent worlds now. 0.95a really flipped the script.

Also, I feel like the Mesozoic Park should require the Genelab as a prerequisite.

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 14, 2021, 02:55:41 AM »

Yes, I've already made changes to allow Hydroponics and Cloning to be improved to increase production. They are still non-default in 6.0.0.

Do you, maybe, have any plans to make them available through the questline? Something similar to the "Red planet", which unlocks "Planet shield" Industry.
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

Kaokasalis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 14, 2021, 03:32:54 AM »

-All Astral gate content has been removed from the mod due to new features present in 0.95a.

Rest in peace Odysseus. We had many good runs together.

Spoiler for the new vanilla feature, don't read if you haven't done the new story quest yet.

Spoiler
Would it be possible to rework the astral gate system into the current gate system in such a manner that we could make our own gates?
[close]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 03:37:51 AM by Kaokasalis »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 14, 2021, 05:41:05 AM »

So what happen if I mix this with DIY planets?

There will be some problematic interactions related to Decivilized Subpop and Pollution if you leave terraforming enabled on my mod, otherwise they should be fully compatible.

i love you
also on siphon stations can you use Plasma Dynamo ?
or is the station itself a crude version of the plasma dynamo anyway ?

Siphon stations can install the Plasma Dynamo.

1. Colonies that aren't Habitable have a background demand for Organics to represent the need for Earth-like air.
2. Habitable domes that cover dozens of kilometers would surely need an immense supply of air.

With these two things considered, Domed Cities on non-Habitable colonies should probably have a (really) high demand for Organics to work properly.

OR

You could make it so that such Domed Cities would only function when an in-system Habitable world has an Ismara's Sling-like structure(perhaps a repurposed Atmosphere Processor?) that harvests the oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere and distributes it to them.
That seems like something that would give this new suppression mechanic some more depth while also making terraforming worthwhile-to-necessary, depending on the system.

I can't believe I have to find ways to justify the creation of terran-adjacent worlds now. 0.95a really flipped the script.

Also, I feel like the Mesozoic Park should require the Genelab as a prerequisite.

From a lore standpoint, what are organics? Does it make sense for them to be used to create a breathable atmosphere? Maybe a heavy machinery demand instead would make more sense, but I'm not sure. Ismara's Sling will be back as part of the planet type transformation rework, so I don't want to use it as part of the Domed Cities requirements.

I don't want the Genelab to be a prerequisite, but perhaps the Alpha core or improvement bonus on the Genelab could increase income from the Mesozoic Park. I'll look into this.

Do you, maybe, have any plans to make them available through the questline? Something similar to the "Red planet", which unlocks "Planet shield" Industry.

No, the reason Hydroponics and Cloning are non-default is because I think they make the gameplay worse just by being present. Some people enjoy using them so I've left them in the mod, but I don't think they can become a default option in the foreseeable future.

-All Astral gate content has been removed from the mod due to new features present in 0.95a.

Rest in peace Odysseus. We had many good runs together.

Spoiler for the new vanilla feature, don't read if you haven't done the new story quest yet.

Spoiler
Would it be possible to rework the astral gate system into the current gate system in such a manner that we could make our own gates?
[close]

Yes, I will be adding an option to build the vanilla "derelict" gates soon using Domain-era artifacts.

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 14, 2021, 07:21:45 AM »

The Remnant Autonomous AI Battlestation appears to be a single tiny weapons platform rather than a station. It's called "standard Remnant weapons platform", frigate-sized, with only 1 tachyon lance, 1 phase lance and 3 burst PD lasers.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 14, 2021, 07:28:51 AM »

The Remnant Autonomous AI Battlestation appears to be a single tiny weapons platform rather than a station. It's called "standard Remnant weapons platform", frigate-sized, with only 1 tachyon lance, 1 phase lance and 3 burst PD lasers.

That's interesting. I'll take a look and get it working properly again for 0.95a.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 219