Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070469 times)

Michihiri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.5.0)
« Reply #1080 on: April 04, 2021, 12:30:55 AM »

Question, once terraforming is done, can I just remove the structures?

They take up space on the 12 hard cap :<

I mean if terraforming is added back in anyways...

Yes, you can remove the buildings that only add terraforming points. The new system is shaping up to be different, but that's not in the mod yet.

Thank you for the info!
Love the mod btw

bragonfly1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 04, 2021, 01:42:21 AM »

Hey boggled, I've encountered a problem when placing a third astropolis on an ice giant, it gets placed underneath/on top of the first astropolis instead.

Running the latest SC + mod version

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 04, 2021, 06:00:34 AM »

Hello! this mod looks awesome, but it crashes me game when i load my save, does it require a new save, or a library that im missing? thanks! :)

Can you post the stack trace so I can figure out what the issue is?

There are no libraries or dependencies for this mod, but if the mod version and Starsector version are not compatible that could cause a crash on startup.

Hey boggled, I've encountered a problem when placing a third astropolis on an ice giant, it gets placed underneath/on top of the first astropolis instead.

Thanks for letting me know about this. It was an easy fix and will be corrected in the next update.

Rei Akiba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 04, 2021, 08:13:39 AM »

hey... i think you should add "orbital solar array" condition like in vanilla, if you finished constructing the stellar shade/mirror, and maybe you should remove the industry icon and then add the planet condition, and then make the stellar mirrors orbiting your planet like eventide did. just like DIY planets after the completion of terraforming, and same for the structure icon on a market upon the completion of astropolis. i think its more realistic that way

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 04, 2021, 09:42:58 AM »

hey... i think you should add "orbital solar array" condition like in vanilla, if you finished constructing the stellar shade/mirror, and maybe you should remove the industry icon and then add the planet condition, and then make the stellar mirrors orbiting your planet like eventide did. just like DIY planets after the completion of terraforming, and same for the structure icon on a market upon the completion of astropolis. i think its more realistic that way

Stellar mirror arrays have always been a feature of this mod, and they will be back in 6.0.0 once I update the terraforming features!

WillDigForFood

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 04, 2021, 01:32:37 PM »

Thanks for letting me know about this. It was an easy fix and will be corrected in the next update.

Getting the same bug on a Terran planet, haven't tested w/any other types - just in case the fix is planet-specific (I dunno anything about excel, I dig holes for a living.)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 04, 2021, 02:26:03 PM »

Getting the same bug on a Terran planet, haven't tested w/any other types - just in case the fix is planet-specific (I dunno anything about excel, I dig holes for a living.)

It's not planet type specific. It's a matter of a (rather embarrassing) plus sign being switched with a minus sign. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Berlioz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 05, 2021, 12:45:57 AM »

Can you post the stack trace so I can figure out what the issue is?

There are no libraries or dependencies for this mod, but if the mod version and Starsector version are not compatible that could cause a crash on startup.
Never mind, im an idiot! thanks!

Profit Prophet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 08, 2021, 10:02:15 AM »

Hey boggled just wanted to thank you for the work you've put into this mod, I used it during my playthroughs in 0.91a and I can't wait for you to update it for 0.95a but there's no rush I understand that it must be busy keeping up with all the modding since the update hit.  :)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 08, 2021, 02:24:13 PM »

Hey boggled just wanted to thank you for the work you've put into this mod, I used it during my playthroughs in 0.91a and I can't wait for you to update it for 0.95a but there's no rush I understand that it must be busy keeping up with all the modding since the update hit.  :)

I'm glad you like the mod! I'm working on the 0.95 update but progress has been a little slower than I anticipated. I've gotten a lot done and I'm still aiming to release 6.0.0 early next week.

InsanityComplx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 08, 2021, 03:46:35 PM »

Thanks for the quick replies and working hard to update the mod to the new version of the game, though is it possible to still force the settings in the config file to use the terraforming options? Even if there are a few issues here and there I would still like to swap out from DIY terraforming (Although I still appreciate his work on his mod as well, you are my preferred).

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 08, 2021, 03:52:48 PM »

Thanks for the quick replies and working hard to update the mod to the new version of the game, though is it possible to still force the settings in the config file to use the terraforming options? Even if there are a few issues here and there I would still like to swap out from DIY terraforming (Although I still appreciate his work on his mod as well, you are my preferred).

Yes, you can enable terraforming in the settings file and it will work on 0.95a. I can't guarantee there won't be bugs!

InsanityComplx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 08, 2021, 04:08:11 PM »

Yes, you can enable terraforming in the settings file and it will work on 0.95a. I can't guarantee there won't be bugs!

Eyyyy, that's all you needed to say my man. Plus a few bugs never hurt anything. Good luck modding!

RatherWhy?

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 09, 2021, 12:50:36 PM »

Don't know if it's my version of the mod or either a different mod overwriting the terraforming one but whenever I finish Penelope's quest the game just crashes. and this comes up in starsector.log |
 http://413673 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at data.campaign.quests.boggledGateQuest.WindsMessageDialogPluginAstral.maxOutSkil ls(WindsMessageDialogPluginAstral.java:251)
   at data.campaign.quests.boggledGateQuest.WindsMessageDialogPluginAstral.optionSele cted(WindsMessageDialogPluginAstral.java:212)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interface.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
| Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me (I just copied what looked recent in Starsector.log because i rarely submit crash reports since they get fixed in the next version and have no knowledge what to look for.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 12:52:41 PM by RatherWhy? »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 09, 2021, 03:01:04 PM »

Don't know if it's my version of the mod or either a different mod overwriting the terraforming one but whenever I finish Penelope's quest the game just crashes. and this comes up in starsector.log |
 http://413673 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at data.campaign.quests.boggledGateQuest.WindsMessageDialogPluginAstral.maxOutSkil ls(WindsMessageDialogPluginAstral.java:251)
   at data.campaign.quests.boggledGateQuest.WindsMessageDialogPluginAstral.optionSele cted(WindsMessageDialogPluginAstral.java:212)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
| Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me (I just copied what looked recent in Starsector.log because i rarely submit crash reports since they get fixed in the next version and have no knowledge what to look for.)

That's being caused by incompatibility with the new version of starsector. You'll have to leave that quest disabled in the settings file.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 219