Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 221

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1094109 times)

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.5.0)
« Reply #1065 on: April 01, 2021, 01:37:50 PM »

The same goes for jungle worlds I suppose.
To a lesser extent, maybe.
In my mind, the rich biospheres of jungle worlds hold great potential for foraging and hunting, so maybe if you made Wildlife Exploitation also produce food in addition to the animal trade/tourism income, they could be more like sidegrades to terran worlds, not just terraforming targets.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 01, 2021, 02:15:07 PM »

hello
i love this mod and can barely live without it so i'll try to atleast contribute a little by giving you some ideas
1 biomass farms on stations to produce organics
2  "aqua quarters" to have the option to use aquaculture (but most importantly seed it with Volturnian Lobster)
3 manufacturing specialization for stations to increase its productivity of heavy and light industry but limits it's flexibility heavily (flexibility i mean restricting some structures and industries)
and of course for balance reasons these would be incredibly expensive
if these sound good hurray i contributed something partly useful, if not you can spit on me for being dumb   

Hydroponics already exists in this mod as a non-default industry, and I think it detracts from the gameplay experience, so I don't think making functionally similar industries would be a good idea.

Stations already have some level of specialization - they can slot the special items that require the "No Atmosphere" condition to boost production. Plus, I think Industrial Evolution already has "edicts," and I don't want to infringe on that idea.

The same goes for jungle worlds I suppose.
To a lesser extent, maybe.
In my mind, the rich biospheres of jungle worlds hold great potential for foraging and hunting, so maybe if you made Wildlife Exploitation also produce food in addition to the animal trade/tourism income, they could be more like sidegrades to terran worlds, not just terraforming targets.

With the massive bonuses to Farming in 0.95a (+2 food from stellar reflectors, +2 food from Soil Nanites), I think it will be a no-brainer to build Farming on any habitable world with farmland. The Wildlife Exploitation producing food would be useless since two industries producing the same commodity don't increase colony income (as far as I know), and I don't want Wildlife Exploitation to just be a straight upgrade to Farming by benefitting from those bonuses too.

epicnoel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 02, 2021, 12:39:23 PM »

Hello boggled ! I just downloaded your mod but I cant seem to find the control panel :/ I unlocked the toolbar and clicked on an empty one but the terraforming icon is not there. I just have the 4 icons to build stations (so the mod does work) but no terraforming icon :(

I uploaded a screenshot of my toolbar here :

https://ibb.co/ZgrHKR7

FYI I activated the mod during my playthrough.

Thank you in advance !

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 02, 2021, 12:41:37 PM »

Hello boggled ! I just downloaded your mod but I cant seem to find the control panel :/ I unlocked the toolbar and clicked on an empty one but the terraforming icon is not there. I just have the 4 icons to build stations (so the mod does work) but no terraforming icon :(

Thank you in advance !

If you're on 0.95a, terraforming has been temporarily disabled while I work on updating it for 0.95a. You can re-enable it using the settings file, at which point the terraforming control panel will be accessible again, but I can't guarantee you won't encounter bugs!

ShinUmbra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 02, 2021, 12:47:48 PM »

ok i'm going crazy, Terraforming Control Panel ability does not exist, i have the ability to make astro stations and mining stations but Terraforming Control Panel ability is not there i clicked the empty bar and there is nothing, i don't undstand what i'm doing wrong at all!

https://imgur.com/a/Or80wQs

this is my ability bar and my mods i have setup.... what is happening =/

ShinUmbra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 02, 2021, 12:49:50 PM »

Thank you in advance !

If you're on 0.95a, terraforming has been temporarily disabled while I work on updating it for 0.95a. You can re-enable it using the settings file, at which point the terraforming control panel will be accessible again, but I can't guarantee you won't encounter bugs!

oh... well that explains everything, disregard my last post.. lol i've searched everywhere to try and figure this out..

epicnoel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 02, 2021, 12:50:06 PM »

Understood thanks a lot for the fast reply !

ShinUmbra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 02, 2021, 12:56:17 PM »

Thank you in advance !

So i changed

#Setting this to false will completely disable any terraforming content
   "boggledTerraformingContentEnabled":true,

from false to true and the control panel still doesn't show up in my abilties? did i enable the wrong thing?

ShinUmbra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 02, 2021, 12:58:26 PM »

nevermind tried again and got it working, sorry i might have just had to unload and reload the mod before launching or instead of clicking continue i clicked load save game instead

Michihiri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 03, 2021, 08:32:06 AM »

Question, once terraforming is done, can I just remove the structures?

They take up space on the 12 hard cap :<

I mean if terraforming is added back in anyways...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:38:37 AM by Michihiri »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 03, 2021, 09:42:26 AM »

Question, once terraforming is done, can I just remove the structures?

They take up space on the 12 hard cap :<

I mean if terraforming is added back in anyways...

Yes, you can remove the buildings that only add terraforming points. The new system is shaping up to be different, but that's not in the mod yet.

Ninakie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 03, 2021, 09:50:03 AM »

Is there a place where i can find the 0.9.1a game version of this mod?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 03, 2021, 10:49:26 AM »

Ninakie

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Berlioz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 03, 2021, 09:34:56 PM »

Hello! this mod looks awesome, but it crashes me game when i load my save, does it require a new save, or a library that im missing? thanks! :)
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 221