Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070387 times)

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.5)
« Reply #855 on: August 23, 2020, 05:34:57 PM »

I like the update on the Mining Drones.

Any chance you also include the option that the Mining Drones will also add Volatile and Organics?

Asteroids do have Volatiles and Organic components depending of their composition. With AI Drones, they could probably figure out ways to get Volatiles and Organics.

Spoiler
[close]

Orochi

• Ensign
  • Ego Ex Nihilo
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 23, 2020, 07:22:46 PM »

The fix for the DIY bug is simple, just copy planetgen.csv from Starsector-core/data/campaign/procgen, create the same path in the mod folder, paste planetgen.csv there, and add the arcology id to Terraforming and Station Construction/Campaign/procgen/planetgen.csv. You can easily set the spawn rates to 0 so it won't actually appear in procgen. Also, if anyone is ghetto-ing this fix, make sure not to add it to the vanilla version of the file, since you'll need to remove it anytime the arcology id changes, or if you disable/uninstall Terraforming and Station construction.

Of course, it's also possible that this fix causes some other problem I've yet to encounter, but so far it hasn't for me.
I am thematically appropriate

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 24, 2020, 08:43:57 AM »

I like the update on the Mining Drones.

Any chance you also include the option that the Mining Drones will also add Volatile and Organics?

Asteroids do have Volatiles and Organic components depending of their composition. With AI Drones, they could probably figure out ways to get Volatiles and Organics.

Spoiler
[close]

I think you're correct about the science, but in vanilla the mining stations don't have volatiles and organics resources, so I want to mirror that with my mining stations. If you have a station with those resources (either a siphon station, or by using console commands), the mining drones should improve volatiles and organics production there.

The fix for the DIY bug is simple, just copy planetgen.csv from Starsector-core/data/campaign/procgen, create the same path in the mod folder, paste planetgen.csv there, and add the arcology id to Terraforming and Station Construction/Campaign/procgen/planetgen.csv. You can easily set the spawn rates to 0 so it won't actually appear in procgen. Also, if anyone is ghetto-ing this fix, make sure not to add it to the vanilla version of the file, since you'll need to remove it anytime the arcology id changes, or if you disable/uninstall Terraforming and Station construction.

Of course, it's also possible that this fix causes some other problem I've yet to encounter, but so far it hasn't for me.

Sounds easy enough. I'll implement this in my next patch. Kentington should still probably change his code as it appears any mod without the planetgen.csv will cause a crash if DIY is enabled. Thanks for your help!

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 01, 2020, 07:37:12 AM »

Is there a commands or other ways to expand Cramped Stations, especially for NPC Markets? They don't seem to do it.

I currently don't know how to make an NPC Market expand its Station, when enabled for the whole Sector, except transferring the market to myself, starting Expand Station, then transfer the Market back.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 01, 2020, 08:05:38 AM »

Is there a commands or other ways to expand Cramped Stations, especially for NPC Markets? They don't seem to do it.

I currently don't know how to make an NPC Market expand its Station, when enabled for the whole Sector, except transferring the market to myself, starting Expand Station, then transfer the Market back.

Well... NPC markets does not use expand stations because it's a building, and NPC markets does not build anything or grow actually. In vanilla.

If your suggestion related to Nex, you better suggest it in a respective thread, as it shouldn't be hard for Histidine to detect if TASC is installed and "boggledStationCrampedQuartersPlayerCanPayToIncreaseStationSize" is enabled so "expand station" can be added to list of buildings NPC would build. Off corse, if he considered it worth of implementing.

Can Boggled do it from his side? Probably he could. Not sure how hard and if there would be further compatibility issues.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 01, 2020, 02:20:11 PM »

Well... NPC markets does not use expand stations because it's a building, and NPC markets does not build anything or grow actually. In vanilla.

If your suggestion related to Nex, you better suggest it in a respective thread, as it shouldn't be hard for Histidine to detect if TASC is installed and "boggledStationCrampedQuartersPlayerCanPayToIncreaseStationSize" is enabled so "expand station" can be added to list of buildings NPC would build. Off corse, if he considered it worth of implementing.

Can Boggled do it from his side? Probably he could. Not sure how hard and if there would be further compatibility issues.

So long as NPC markets don't grow or build anything in vanilla, I have no plans to code in either of those things in my mod. That's the exclusive domain of Nex for now.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 02, 2020, 08:52:35 PM »

Can you remove the terraforming projects after they are done and keep the changes? I got out of slots in my colonies from all the cool stuff.
Check out my ships

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 02, 2020, 08:55:05 PM »

Can you remove the terraforming projects after they are done and keep the changes? I got out of slots in my colonies from all the cool stuff.

Terraforming projects only contribute points, so once you are done with then you can remove them.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 03, 2020, 02:22:23 PM »

cool, thanks
Check out my ships

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 06, 2020, 06:15:13 AM »

Is there a way to rename Gates? Renaming the Station doesn't change the Gate Name.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 06, 2020, 07:37:49 AM »

Is there a way to rename Gates? Renaming the Station doesn't change the Gate Name.

No, you can't rename gates without using console commands. Why do you want to rename a gate?

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 06, 2020, 07:44:32 AM »

Having a Star System Named Delta Peridoable Whatever, and another Delta Paranoid Whatgives and then trying to jump to the right system with the ability happend to me far too often. I'd rather rename them the same as my (biggest) Colony that exist in the System. (outside Core Worlds ofc)

No, you can't rename gates without using console commands. Why do you want to rename a gate?

Which Console Command would it be?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 06, 2020, 08:34:04 AM »

Code
runcode Iterator allEntitiesInSystem = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getAllEntities().iterator();
        while(allEntitiesInSystem.hasNext())
        {
            SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken) allEntitiesInSystem.next();
            if(entity.hasTag("boggled_astral_gate"))
            {
                entity.setName("WRITE NEW NAME HERE");
            }
        }
Paste that into the console and it will rename the astral gate in the system your fleet is currently in. Be sure to back up your save before doing this.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 06, 2020, 08:50:45 AM »

Code
runcode Iterator allEntitiesInSystem = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getAllEntities().iterator();
        while(allEntitiesInSystem.hasNext())
        {
            SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken) allEntitiesInSystem.next();
            if(entity.hasTag("boggled_astral_gate"))
            {
                entity.setName("WRITE NEW NAME HERE");
            }
        }
Paste that into the console and it will rename the astral gate in the system your fleet is currently in. Be sure to back up your save before doing this.

Works Fine! Thank you

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 21, 2020, 11:36:11 AM »

I predict someone would want to kill me for that suggestion, but I would make it anyway.

It is not a secret, that extensive station spam slightly change ruins beyond recognition a game balance because of market concentration in a single system. So suggestion is to have "soft" cap for same type of stations in a same system, but a "hard" cap for overall station quantity per system.

For the "soft" cap, I mean if player wish to build two (or three, or four...) mining stations, he could, but each next would decrease ore/rare ore potential for all mining stations in a system. Same to siphons, player could build up to three of them around each gas giant, but second and third will decrease amount of volatiles on all of them. Before you say that this is "opposite to balancing" thing, read "hard" cap section.

For the "hard" cap, I mean total amount of stations player able to support in a system. I suggest it be number of colonized planets in system (not stations) +2, but no more, than 8 (or so. It better be adjustable). Inside that "hard" cup player able to build any type of stations in a system (in a proper conditions, off course), he need (with respective penalties to production if "soft" cap exceeded). So player able to build more stations of a same type if he can't/don't want construct other type of stations. Also, that would force player to colonize planets if he want to support more than two stations and make prioritizing decisions what he need more: mining stations, siphons or astropolises. Also applied to recolonizing abandoned stations. If mod ever would have other station types this will apply to them too.

With a single exception to that rule: gate station. So if player already have maximum of stations in a system, and only then achieve gates tech, it is still possible to construct one.

Now hit me with tomatoes! ©
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 219