Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 222

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1094901 times)

onychannel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.0)
« Reply #720 on: July 24, 2020, 04:29:50 PM »

I'm encountering an issue where one of my two variable assemblers is not creating the heavy machinery it should.
I have 2 colonies, one i colonised myself, one is a pirate base I bought.
The pirate base is my default deposit with a variable manufactory, beta core and the marines/arms VPC, which is working just fine.
The other is a Variable Assembler with a beta core and the heavy machinery VPC, and says it produces 0, but afaik there is no disruption to the required supplies for the assembler. It is supposedly also delivering 0 to my other colony.

I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the fact that the pirate base is not technically mine because i bought it, or something else.

onychannel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 24, 2020, 04:32:38 PM »

Also I should clarify that the two colonies are not in the same constellation (approax 4ly away)

GeneralWaffles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 24, 2020, 04:33:41 PM »

Hi, so i have a quick question, since this mod has your old terraforming in it does it include the old GECKlike item you could find from domain mother-ships? or has that been removed? I'm just curious as i started playing this game again a few days ago and had to update mods and all that.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 24, 2020, 05:19:56 PM »

I'm encountering an issue where one of my two variable assemblers is not creating the heavy machinery it should.
I have 2 colonies, one i colonised myself, one is a pirate base I bought.
The pirate base is my default deposit with a variable manufactory, beta core and the marines/arms VPC, which is working just fine.
The other is a Variable Assembler with a beta core and the heavy machinery VPC, and says it produces 0, but afaik there is no disruption to the required supplies for the assembler. It is supposedly also delivering 0 to my other colony.

I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the fact that the pirate base is not technically mine because i bought it, or something else.

The variable assembler is from the Industrial Evolution mod, not this one. You'll probably have better luck sorting this out by asking in the thread for that mod.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18011.0

Hi, so i have a quick question, since this mod has your old terraforming in it does it include the old GECKlike item you could find from domain mother-ships? or has that been removed? I'm just curious as i started playing this game again a few days ago and had to update mods and all that.

The GECK/EUTECK has been removed from this mod. You can now terraform any type of planet without needing a GECK by using the new terraforming points system.

onychannel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 24, 2020, 06:11:14 PM »

>The variable assembler is from the Industrial Evolution mod, not this one. You'll probably have better luck sorting this out by asking in the thread for that mod.

Apologies, too many mods.

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 25, 2020, 12:32:00 PM »

After completing a terraforming project on 3 planets, they all seem to have gained a texture corresponding to "arcology_glow.png". None of them are arcology worlds. Is this intended?
Spoiler
[close]

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 26, 2020, 03:53:31 AM »

Can confirm the above.
Also that the glow texture isn't fading out like it should, so it's visible on the 'day' side.
Appears to apply only to player owned worlds which have been terraformed. Newly settled worlds do not get the overlay.

Lights texture for arcology, if wanted:
Spoiler
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 27, 2020, 05:21:30 AM »

After completing a terraforming project on 3 planets, they all seem to have gained a texture corresponding to "arcology_glow.png". None of them are arcology worlds. Is this intended?
Spoiler
[close]

Can confirm the above.
Also that the glow texture isn't fading out like it should, so it's visible on the 'day' side.
Appears to apply only to player owned worlds which have been terraformed. Newly settled worlds do not get the overlay.

Lights texture for arcology, if wanted:
Spoiler
[close]

This is definitely a bug and I'll issue a patch to fix it soon. Thanks for letting me know!

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.1)
« Reply #728 on: July 28, 2020, 04:09:20 PM »

Question: Do the solar mirrors still change temperatures or not?  I built some at a gas giant colony but they don't seem to be doing anything. 

I remember reading several pages back that it took a few cycles for the effect to kick in and I'm wondering if that's still valid and I need to wait... or if they just don't do that at all anymore.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 28, 2020, 04:18:27 PM »

Question: Do the solar mirrors still change temperatures or not?  I built some at a gas giant colony but they don't seem to be doing anything. 

I remember reading several pages back that it took a few cycles for the effect to kick in and I'm wondering if that's still valid and I need to wait... or if they just don't do that at all anymore.

Stellar reflectors add terraforming progress points now. They don't change temperatures automatically - that must be done using terraforming projects. Stellar mirrors do remove the poor light condition immediately though.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 28, 2020, 06:10:06 PM »

Fair enough, but there is no terraforming project to change the temperature.  Not on the gas giant or any other of the worlds that I've settled.  It's not on the options list.  Did I miss something?  Is it someplace else?  I'm confused.

Also, I can no longer build hydroponics on astropoli.  I can still build them on mining and fuel stations, though.  Is this intentional or a bug?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 28, 2020, 07:17:40 PM »

but there is no terraforming project to change the temperature.  Not on the gas giant or any other of the worlds that I've settled.  It's not on the options list.  Did I miss something?  Is it someplace else?  I'm confused.

Not exactly. If you run any terraforming project, temperature will be adjusted to that's project value. So, if you have cold barren world and make it terran - temperature will be normal. If you have hot water world and make it water again (same type projects allowed) it will loose hot condition. If you choose frozen project - final temperature will be "Extreme cold", etc.

Although, I will not mind to have "normalize temperature project" for those unknown skies planets I do not want change type. And "normalize atmosphere" if we here already.

And for the gas giants... Is it realistic to change their temperature via stellar reflectors (or any other way)? I am a known terraforming optimist, but see no possibility to apply temperature change on those objects.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 28, 2020, 07:33:40 PM »

So mirrors on the gas giant are just a waste of money?  I'll take them down, then.  I figured they'd unlock some hidden temperature change option.  My mistake.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 28, 2020, 07:41:56 PM »

So mirrors on the gas giant are just a waste of money?

Not exactly.

1. They looks awesome!
2. Gas giants at certain conditions can be adjusted with "Ouyang optimization" project, that IIRC requires terraforming points, that can be obtained by stellar mirrors.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 28, 2020, 08:10:47 PM »

if we here already.

The suggestion. Bad one, but who knows?

All planet type changing projects removes conditions that new type can not host and add conditions it can not exist without (temperature, atmosphere), but do not add recources it can potentially have. In other words, if you terraform barren into terran, it will gain normal temperature, atmosphere but not farmland, volitiles or organics. You have to improve that with a separate projects, similar we have "mild climate" now. Those projects always increase those values by 1 (not above maximum, ofc.) or add minimal amount if there was no of it.

Projects can be applied even on non-terraformed worlds, that have those resource values below maximal to it type. Example: You have desert planet with no farmland at all, so you can add it with project, so it became "poor farmland"(-1). IIRC maximal farmland for deserts - adequate(0), but could be wrong here, so you can launch that project again, but only once. When you have this farmland (0) desert world, you can terraform it into terran, and farmland (0) will remain intact, so you need two more farmland projects to reach "bountiful" resource level.

1. Yes, it will add additional steps, players not always would like to do and confused of it. Serious weakness.
2. It makes more options for terraforming inside existing planet type, alongside with "normalize temperature" and "normalize atmosphere". Serious plus, especially if it is non-standard type.

EDIT: numerous Typos.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 08:25:28 PM by Mondaymonkey »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 222