Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071479 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.2.1)
« Reply #555 on: June 02, 2020, 05:52:09 AM »

Just tried this mod - and am currently loving it.
Question, though: is there plans to perhaps add novel and new terraforming options or station types? Currently stations and terraforming seem expensive in the beginning, then become trivial later on - so would there be more fancier types? Perhaps a city planet for extreme cost, or special super stations for very late game?
Sorry if asked previously.

I had plans to include an arcology world type, but I was unable to find a satisfactory texture. If someone with artistic talent is willing to spend the time to create one, I would be happy to implement it.

Alright, that's awesome! Hope it happens eventually. Any plans on fancy megastructure style stations?

The astropoli already fill that role. If you build three of them around a planet, the four markets combined will have extremely powerful defenses and economy.

DX2002

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 02, 2020, 08:43:42 AM »

I have shoveled internet almost entirely, spending like like ~6 hours for this, and the closest thing is original arcology planet from stellaris.

Currently digging in game textures. Can't find all the objects it is composed of. Probably. something is hardcoded. Closest ready-to-use textures are city planets.
Spoiler
[close]

But even if I get an original arcology texture, I am afraid it does not fit SS. So it goes.

Six hours is a long time! I'm pretty convinced it won't be possible to find a suitable texture on the internet - it will need to be created/modified specifically for this mod.
Maybe you could take a look at Stellaris,it has a lot of splendid planet textures,which might be suitable,but I'm not sure whether using pictures from another published game would cause problem or not....

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 02, 2020, 09:02:02 AM »

Maybe you could take a look at Stellaris,it has a lot of splendid planet textures,which might be suitable,but I'm not sure whether using pictures from another published game would cause problem or not....

Dude, that was from Stellaris. And I'm pretty sure, that Boggled is aware of it existence. Stellaris textures are great, but they does not fit a concept. The worst thing - I have never play it, so do not understand a game interface mechanic and it makes really uncomfortable too search among the texture files, especially because they are .dds and split into 2-6 files for each. Luckily they have a readable names.

Six hours is a long time!

It is not, when you are OCD.

it will need to be created/modified specifically for this mod.

Well... it is always possible to cut a megacity piece from the city planet and plant it into continental texture, and then pretend it was  Found lying by the side of the road.©
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Ultrak2k

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 02, 2020, 08:36:14 PM »

Just tried this mod - and am currently loving it.
Question, though: is there plans to perhaps add novel and new terraforming options or station types? Currently stations and terraforming seem expensive in the beginning, then become trivial later on - so would there be more fancier types? Perhaps a city planet for extreme cost, or special super stations for very late game?
Sorry if asked previously.

I had plans to include an arcology world type, but I was unable to find a satisfactory texture. If someone with artistic talent is willing to spend the time to create one, I would be happy to implement it.

Alright, that's awesome! Hope it happens eventually. Any plans on fancy megastructure style stations?

The astropoli already fill that role. If you build three of them around a planet, the four markets combined will have extremely powerful defenses and economy.

understandable

Uxion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 05, 2020, 03:57:59 PM »

Quick question about the shades, if the terraforming is done, I can get rid of the shades and the terraforming won't reverse, right?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 05, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »

Quick question about the shades, if the terraforming is done, I can get rid of the shades and the terraforming won't reverse, right?

Correct!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 08, 2020, 10:23:45 AM »

Bug report:

Just visited an Umbra, and it have a lobster bar quest! Almost forgot to mention - I already done it and have lobsters on a water planet like 5 or 6 years.

Completed and separate accepted quests
[close]

Any thoughts?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 08, 2020, 11:51:43 AM »

Bug report:

Just visited an Umbra, and it have a lobster bar quest! Almost forgot to mention - I already done it and have lobsters on a water planet like 5 or 6 years.

Completed and separate accepted quests
[close]

Any thoughts?

I'll issue a patch to fix this. Thanks for letting me know!

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 09, 2020, 11:36:18 AM »

Would it be too much trouble to add a setting for the price/DEA use/upkeep of Kletka Simulators?
I don't want to remove them because manual AI core farming is tiresome, but I feel that they're too easy to build and maintain, considering what they provide. For just 200,000 credits(less than Light Industry), a semi-decent DEA production, 30,000 base upkeep(same as Heavy Industry), and an Alpha Core, you get a monthly gacha with a 30% chance to pop out Alpha Cores, which is just insane.
I'd honestly say that they deserve to be locked behind a high level quest just as much as the gates do, but that seems like a lot of work, so I'd be satisfied with just the ability to fatten up those costs.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 09, 2020, 12:12:59 PM »

Finally got some time for this again.

Terraformed a barren world into water and found that it has farming enabled rather than aquaculture as expected.
Spoiler
[close]

Also, I have this texture currently unused that could be repurposed if desired.
Spoiler

[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 09, 2020, 12:32:10 PM »

Would it be too much trouble to add a setting for the price/DEA use/upkeep of Kletka Simulators?
I don't want to remove them because manual AI core farming is tiresome, but I feel that they're too easy to build and maintain, considering what they provide. For just 200,000 credits(less than Light Industry), a semi-decent DEA production, 30,000 base upkeep(same as Heavy Industry), and an Alpha Core, you get a monthly gacha with a 30% chance to pop out Alpha Cores, which is just insane.
I'd honestly say that they deserve to be locked behind a high level quest just as much as the gates do, but that seems like a lot of work, so I'd be satisfied with just the ability to fatten up those costs.

You can use the industries.csv file to make changes to the build time, credit cost and credit upkeep cost for the Kletka Simulators. The multipliers on the numbers are confusing at first so you might need to do some trial and error to get the correct value you want.

Finally got some time for this again.

Terraformed a barren world into water and found that it has farming enabled rather than aquaculture as expected.
Spoiler
[close]

Also, I have this texture currently unused that could be repurposed if desired.
Spoiler

[close]

I'm aware of the issue with farming/aquaculture but I can't fix it until the API update in the next version of starsector. If you try to build the farming industry on a water world, it should be "corrected" to aquaculture within one in-game day by my script that runs once per day to correct this issue. If not, please let me know.

That's a nice texture! I'll try it out in game and see if it would be good for an arcology world!

Derpington03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 09, 2020, 12:50:48 PM »

is this compatible with already existing saves or will it brick them i have a colony up and running and dont want to lose it

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 09, 2020, 01:01:32 PM »

I feel that they're too easy to build and maintain, considering what they provide.

Sometimes I feel the same, but not because of low price or maintain (I can adjust them anytime). It is just something wrong there...

Probably the reason is infiniteness. Build&forgot thing. That is a really powerful stuff, it shouldn't be like that. Or is it?

Can not explain better, or suggest a way to fix.
is this compatible with already existing saves or will it brick them i have a colony up and running and dont want to lose it

It should be. Theoretically. That is for adding. Removing later would definitely break a save.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:03:08 PM by Mondaymonkey »

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 09, 2020, 01:06:13 PM »

I'm aware of the issue with farming/aquaculture but I can't fix it until the API update in the next version of starsector. If you try to build the farming industry on a water world, it should be "corrected" to aquaculture within one in-game day by my script that runs once per day to correct this issue. If not, please let me know.
Noted, and thank you.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 09, 2020, 01:18:56 PM »

I feel that they're too easy to build and maintain, considering what they provide.

Sometimes I feel the same, but not because of low price or maintain (I can adjust them anytime). It is just something wrong there...

Probably the reason is infiniteness. Build&forgot thing. That is a really powerful stuff, it shouldn't be like that. Or is it?

The player can already obtain an infinite amount of AI cores by farming high threat remnant systems. This is just an alternative way to obtain infinite AI cores which also costs money and takes up industry slots on your planets.

I think the default values are probably balanced such that it would be too costly to build Kletka Simulators until the player is already at a power level where they could be farming remnants for cores.

It should be. Theoretically. That is for adding. Removing later would definitely break a save.

It can always be added to a save in progress except if you've already installed a pre-5.0.0 version of this mod in that save. It cannot be removed from a save in progress.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 219