Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071084 times)

marcus87

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.2.1)
« Reply #495 on: May 20, 2020, 06:28:18 AM »

Hi I am new to this mod and I cant seem to find the Terraforming Control Panel. Can someone please tell me wherer I can find that? ^^

I have already build some terraforming structures.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 20, 2020, 07:48:16 AM »

Hi I am new to this mod and I cant seem to find the Terraforming Control Panel. Can someone please tell me wherer I can find that? ^^

I have already build some terraforming structures.

That what is told in a first post. It probably should be red-bold and in the top of the screen.
Add the abilities to your ability bar to activate them!
[close]

So, just add/replace a "terraforming" ability on your ability bar, get close to a planet and activate. Also, you can discover the rest of the abilities for more awesome stuff, this mod gives you.

EDIT:

To Boggled: red-bold on a top of the screen is a joke. Mostly. What is definitely need to be improved - post is too long. Suggest to hide changelog under the spoiler, except of the last update (or few last).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:53:46 AM by Mondaymonkey »
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 20, 2020, 08:09:24 AM »

To Boggled: red-bold on a top of the screen is a joke. Mostly. What is definitely need to be improved - post is too long. Suggest to hide changelog under the spoiler, except of the last update (or few last).

Good point. Changes made. I also changed the wording and color of the text about adding the abilities to your ability bar. Thanks!

marcus87

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 20, 2020, 08:20:45 AM »

That what is told in a first post. It probably should be red-bold and in the top of the screen.
Add the abilities to your ability bar to activate them!
[close]

So, just add/replace a "terraforming" ability on your ability bar, get close to a planet and activate. Also, you can discover the rest of the abilities for more awesome stuff, this mod gives you.

EDIT:

[/quote]

Thank you very much. I did not know I could do that with the ability bar. :D

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 20, 2020, 08:24:22 AM »

Way better, dude!

I use laptop with a 1366*768 screen (which is small, but probably not the smallest among the users) and it was really uncomfortable to scroll. Now it's OK.

Spoiler
You know, which is the funniest thing? That is an old laptop, almost 10 years now, and it was not really advanced, when was "new". Currently almost all the hardware systems are glitching or broken. It is far beyond any repair or upgrade possible. And I have money to buy a new one. But I do not do this for almost 5 years because of laziness.

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

frozentoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 20, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »

Glad I could contribute in a useful manner!

A closer look at the industry breakdown image tells me that having the second ore feature actually causes me to mine the 'base income' amount twice, for a net gain - but this will quickly grow out of control. It's good to fix it.

I'll see about editing my save to correct this. I don't have a good save file to test the patch for you, sadly.

This bug is fixed in 5.2.1, but the patch doesn't retroactively correct the duplicate resources on planets. I wrote the below code for you to copy/paste into the console using the console commands mod to fix the bugged conditions. The code targets the nearest planet, so be sure you're right on top of the planet you want to fix. You can edit which conditions to add or remove. Make sure to save your game before running the code. Thanks for letting me know about this bug, and I hope the code can fix it for you!

Spoiler
runcode import java.util.*; import data.campaign.econ.boggledTools; SectorEntityToken playerFleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet(); ArrayList<SectorEntityToken> allPlanetsInSystem = new ArrayList<SectorEntityToken>(); Iterator allEntitiesInSystem = playerFleet.getStarSystem().getAllEntities().iterator(); while(allEntitiesInSystem.hasNext())
            {
                SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken) allEntitiesInSystem.next();
                if (entity instanceof PlanetAPI)
                {
                    allPlanetsInSystem.add(entity);
                }
            }

SectorEntityToken closestPlanet = null;
Iterator checkDistancesOfPlanets = allPlanetsInSystem.iterator();
while(checkDistancesOfPlanets.hasNext())
            {
                SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken)checkDistancesOfPlanets.next();
                if (closestPlanet == null)
                {
                    closestPlanet = entity;
                }
                else if(boggledTools.getDistanceBetweenTokens(entity, playerFleet) < boggledTools.getDistanceBetweenTokens(closestPlanet, playerFleet))
                {
                    closestPlanet = entity;
                }
            }
MarketAPI market = closestPlanet.getMarket();
market.removeCondition("ore_sparse");
market.removeCondition("rare_ore_sparse");
market.removeCondition("volatiles_trace");
for (MarketConditionAPI condition : market.getConditions())
        {
            condition.setSurveyed(true);
        }
boggledTools.refreshSupplyAndDemand(market);
[close]

I tried this today and it worked fine. Thanks, Boggled!

Manice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 20, 2020, 02:36:48 PM »

Is there a way to completely remove the remains of an astral gate station? I accidentally built one over a planet and it got shifted to the farthest jump point in the system. My last save was yesterday and I really don't want to just leave it as is.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 20, 2020, 04:30:23 PM »

Is there a way to completely remove the remains of an astral gate station? I accidentally built one over a planet and it got shifted to the farthest jump point in the system. My last save was yesterday and I really don't want to just leave it as is.

Paste the following code into the console using the console commands mod:

Spoiler
runcode LocationAPI system2 = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getContainingLocation(); List<SectorEntityToken> entitiesList = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getEntitiesWithTag("boggled_astral_gate"); SectorEntityToken rementity = (SectorEntityToken)entitiesList.get(0); system2.removeEntity(rementity); List<SectorEntityToken> entitiesList2 = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getEntitiesWithTag("boggled_gatekeeper_station"); SectorEntityToken rementity2 = (SectorEntityToken)entitiesList2.get(0); system2.removeEntity(rementity2);
[close]

That should delete the astral gate station and the astral gate in the current system where the player fleet is located. Please let me know if it works for you. Be sure to save before using the code. Thanks.

Manice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 20, 2020, 04:57:25 PM »

It worked! That's nuts, thanks for the help!  :)

However, it is not possible to change the new position of the gate, which I'm assuming has already been calculated. Is there a command to reset the gate positioning as well?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 05:48:01 PM by Manice »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 21, 2020, 04:28:03 AM »

It worked! That's nuts, thanks for the help!  :)

However, it is not possible to change the new position of the gate, which I'm assuming has already been calculated. Is there a command to reset the gate positioning as well?

The gate must be placed on an orbit in the system where a stable location could be. It first tries to find a possible stable location orbital path right next to the player, and if it can't, it picks a random one in the system. If you don't like the random spot, try to build the gate somewhere a stable location orbit could possibly move through. If you upload a picture of the system in question, I could likely identify some spots that would work.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 21, 2020, 06:53:13 PM »

Spoilers for the astral gate quest.

Could you like... tone down
Spoiler
odysseus and his ship? For the amount of effort taken to get it, it's both extremely proportional in terms of effort to relative power, and odysseus himself is an insanely powerful officer that is LITERALLY THE MOST POWERFUL OFFICER IN THE ENTIRE GAME. And all it took to get him was get the comms request, press 1 a few times, go to his planet, press 1 some more, salvage a tri-tach invasion fleet, nab an astral, mothball it to the scientist, press 1 quite a lot more, go back to his planet, and then press 1 a few final times.
[close]
And this is all relatively early game.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 21, 2020, 08:00:39 PM »

I've a question about the domain artifacts. If for example another faction has a Domain Archeology industry (for example Mayasura on Mairath) and I build a structure that requires Domain artifacts (with my own faction not having their own Archeology industry) does my own faction get supplied with the artifacts from trading ? Or will I have to find my own planet to mine for artifacts ?
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 22, 2020, 02:19:42 AM »

Spoilers for the astral gate quest.

Could you like... tone down
Spoiler
odysseus and his ship? For the amount of effort taken to get it, it's both extremely proportional in terms of effort to relative power, and odysseus himself is an insanely powerful officer that is LITERALLY THE MOST POWERFUL OFFICER IN THE ENTIRE GAME. And all it took to get him was get the comms request, press 1 a few times, go to his planet, press 1 some more, salvage a tri-tach invasion fleet, nab an astral, mothball it to the scientist, press 1 quite a lot more, go back to his planet, and then press 1 a few final times.
[close]
And this is all relatively early game.
Spoiler
Alpha Cores are the best admins in the game, so it makes sense for them to be the best officers, too, and Odysseus' ship is held back by being a Conquest, which is fairly weak in AI hands.
Then again, you fight a TT armada for Volturnian lobster seeding, which is a much weaker reward. I suppose Boggled just didn't want to make unlocking the gates too much of a hassle, but the extras do make it a disproportionately rewarding quest. Perhaps there's room for a major Pather/Hegemony bounty hunter fight?
[close]

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 22, 2020, 02:25:17 AM »

About the gate quest balance...

Spoiler
Personally I'm for adding an extra challenge to the quest instead of nerfing Odysseus or his ship, you can't build those gates as soon as you're able to complete the quest anyways, so a mandatory fight won't be a bad way to gate the rewards from early game. Also Odysseus is a completely unique reward and I don't want to see him nerfed.
[close]

Also could someone give me a hint as to what I should do to start the lobster acquisition quest before DME wipes out the Diktat ?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:27:19 AM by Cyber Von Cyberus »
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 22, 2020, 03:24:57 AM »

I've a question about the domain artifacts. If for example another faction has a Domain Archeology industry (for example Mayasura on Mairath) and I build a structure that requires Domain artifacts (with my own faction not having their own Archeology industry) does my own faction get supplied with the artifacts from trading ? Or will I have to find my own planet to mine for artifacts ?
Domain Artifacts function the same as commodities, so yeah, you will get them through trade. Though, it's better to just have your Domain Archeology for the reduced accessibility requirements and upkeep.
Also could someone give me a hint as to what I should do to start the lobster acquisition quest before DME wipes out the Diktat ?
The quest starts on Umbra, a pirate colony. SD's presence or the lack of it shouldn't affect it.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 219