Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070308 times)

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.2.0)
« Reply #465 on: May 14, 2020, 04:50:17 PM »

I was going through the settings and noticed this.
   "boggledGiftGateMonthlyPayment":75000,
There's a zero missing, isn't there?

I don't think so.

75,000 x 39 months = 2,925,000 credits over three cycles

The upfront cost of a gate is approximately 1.5 million credits with default settings I believe.
Ah, so I just misread the description of the monthly payment system...
Man, am I out of it recently.

By the way, have you considered adding Domain-Era Artifacts as possible salvage from ruins? I don't recall ever getting them while exploring, but it'd be nice to be able to build and donate Astral Gates and receive the monthly payments before dabbling in colonization and Domain Archeology.

Oh, and good job on the update.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 15, 2020, 05:39:33 AM »

I was going through the settings and noticed this.
   "boggledGiftGateMonthlyPayment":75000,
There's a zero missing, isn't there?

I don't think so.

The upfront cost of a gate is approximately 1.5 million credits with default settings I believe.
Ah, so I just misread the description of the monthly payment system...
Man, am I out of it recently.

By the way, have you considered adding Domain-Era Artifacts as possible salvage from ruins? I don't recall ever getting them while exploring, but it'd be nice to be able to build and donate Astral Gates and receive the monthly payments before dabbling in colonization and Domain Archeology.

That's a good idea, but as far as I'm aware there is no way to disable Domain-era artifacts showing up in loot if the player disables Domain Archaeology in the settings file. I'll look into it, but unfortunately I don't think it can happen with the way the game works right now.

You can't gift gates to other factions without having two already built for yourself. Unless the player modifies the settings file, it should be very difficult to acquire the money and resources to build two gates without having a large amount of income from colonies.

Oh, and good job on the update.

Thank you!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 15, 2020, 06:36:19 AM »

Added the planet cracking terraforming condition modification. The tooltip explains it in-detail, but basically it will improve/create ore resources on a market, but also add the tectonic activity condition.
-Added the Ouyang optimization terraforming condition modification. The tooltip explains it in-detail, but basically it will improve/create volatiles resources on a gas giant, but also add the extreme weather condition.

Haven't tried yet, but is it mean player able to remove "extreme weather" and "tectonic activity" (if "boggledStabilizeTectonicsEnabled":true,) in a common way afterwards? Is it possible? Do player loose gained resource bonus if conditions are removed?

EDIT:

Add to this number export value for DEA consumed by this gate. Haven't tried yet, but it is probably a gold mine even with zero quest monthly payment.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 06:41:35 AM by Mondaymonkey »
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 15, 2020, 06:43:40 AM »

Added the planet cracking terraforming condition modification. The tooltip explains it in-detail, but basically it will improve/create ore resources on a market, but also add the tectonic activity condition.
-Added the Ouyang optimization terraforming condition modification. The tooltip explains it in-detail, but basically it will improve/create volatiles resources on a gas giant, but also add the extreme weather condition.

Haven't tried yet, but is it mean player able to remove "extreme weather" and "tectonic activity" (if "boggledStabilizeTectonicsEnabled":true,) in a common way afterwards? Is it possible? Do player loose gained resource bonus if conditions are removed?

If stabilize tectonics is enabled, then the tectonic activity from planet cracking can be removed and planet cracking can be used again. It should not be possible to remove extreme weather from a gas giant because they can't be terraformed.

If you remove tectonic activity, the ore bonuses remain intact.

FYI I haven't forgotten about the glows on the conquest! I just didn't want to delay releasing the 5.2.0 update because so many new features were ready to go.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 15, 2020, 06:50:00 AM »

Glow is not a big deal, actually.

Almost forgot: I see an update, and I like it! Really large one!

The only thing, that disappoint me - my current run is far away from establishing a first colony. So, I probably should play more.  ;D

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 15, 2020, 02:48:26 PM »

Holy cow you really did add spice harvesting, you madlad/lass. Haven't checked the update yet, but I'm guessing it make drugs?

Otherwise looks like a real humdinger of an update. Thank you very much Boggled.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 15, 2020, 03:59:02 PM »

Holy cow you really did add spice harvesting, you madlad/lass. Haven't checked the update yet, but I'm guessing it make drugs?

Otherwise looks like a real humdinger of an update. Thank you very much Boggled.

It just generates money. I don't want to make something that generates drugs because light industry already does that!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.1.4)
« Reply #472 on: May 16, 2020, 11:15:21 PM »

inability to place a donut-shaped object in orbit around a planet

Inability?  ???

To be considered as a joke
[close]

It is too many artifacts, when engine trying to bound flat texture into a ring, and it need a proper spherical-to-flat transformation to be able to do so + *** lighting problem because of ring shapeness. And those freaking second ring - have no idea how to get rid of it. And a generally bad 6 minutes-to-bake texture.

But, a food for mind©.

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 17, 2020, 04:55:59 AM »

Hello. Is there a way to find my astral gates on the map? If not, will such a feature be implemented? It would be a nice QoL feature.

Eshir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 17, 2020, 07:43:40 AM »

so when i make terraforming structures on a market when i hit 12 "industrys" but still have room to make an industry that is a production type i can't add one if there is a terraforming structure in the last slot but when i set it all up to build and max out the colony in one go i can go above 12 with terraforming structures and all so to get around this i have to shutdown all the terraforming industrys till i have a slot open 11 out of 12 and then i can add the production industry i want then i have to re add the terraforming. is there a better way to do this?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 17, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »

Semi-bug-report.

Spoiler
[close]

1. Is it suppose to be visible in codex?
2. It is the same name as ordinary conquest. Maybe, at least "hullName":"Conquest(<something>)",  ?
3. Weapons slots use a as covers a gray midline thing:

If not repaint them, there should be a way to change them onto high-tech bluish:

They fit not 100%, but should be way better.

Observation: brawler(TT) skin use other covers, as original do. But I can not figure out which .skin line does this.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 17, 2020, 11:54:17 AM »

so when i make terraforming structures on a market when i hit 12 "industrys" but still have room to make an industry that is a production type i can't add one if there is a terraforming structure in the last slot but when i set it all up to build and max out the colony in one go i can go above 12 with terraforming structures and all so to get around this i have to shutdown all the terraforming industrys till i have a slot open 11 out of 12 and then i can add the production industry i want then i have to re add the terraforming. is there a better way to do this?

Unfortunately Starsector doesn't handle having more than 12 structures very well. This can't be easily fixed with mods, so I can't do anything about it. Sorry!

Hello. Is there a way to find my astral gates on the map? If not, will such a feature be implemented? It would be a nice QoL feature.

They show up on the system map, but not the hyperspace map. What did you have in mind in terms of where the gates should appear on the map?

inability to place a donut-shaped object in orbit around a planet

Inability?  ???

To be considered as a joke
[close]

It is too many artifacts, when engine trying to bound flat texture into a ring, and it need a proper spherical-to-flat transformation to be able to do so + *** lighting problem because of ring shapeness. And those freaking second ring - have no idea how to get rid of it. And a generally bad 6 minutes-to-bake texture.

But, a food for mind©.

What method did you use to get the ring there? Is it a SectorEntityToken with a transparent center? In any event, even if the technical/graphical problems can be resolved there's still the issues of no lore precedent and no clear gameplay purpose/function of an orbital ring.

Semi-bug-report.

Spoiler
[close]

1. Is it suppose to be visible in codex?
2. It is the same name as ordinary conquest. Maybe, at least "hullName":"Conquest(<something>)",  ?
3. Weapons slots use a as covers a gray midline thing:

If not repaint them, there should be a way to change them onto high-tech bluish:

They fit not 100%, but should be way better.

Observation: brawler(TT) skin use other covers, as original do. But I can not figure out which .skin line does this.

Good catch. I'll look into removing it from the codex to avoid spoilers, and I'll see about the turret covers as well. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 17, 2020, 12:09:18 PM »

What method did you use to get the ring there? Is it a SectorEntityToken with a transparent center? In any event, even if the technical/graphical problems can be resolved there's still the issues of no lore precedent and no clear gameplay purpose/function of an orbital ring.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I spent all my character points to agility and stamina, leaving no room for intelligence to be able to learn advanced magic like "Java" is, or wisdom, to ignore spell mastery limitation.  :P

In other words: I did not understand even a word you say.

The story is: one guy ask me to help with a custom-made dust rings. But whatever I do they do not work as intended, so I understand that just swapping vanilla texture won't help me in testing, I need to spawn them using custom parameters. So I asked CC thread "how to" question, and find demanded help:

Code: That is a magic scroll, to use a ancient spell "spawn rings"
runcode String _planetId = "test";
runcode String _planetId = "planet_id";
SectorEntityToken _fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet();
StarSystemAPI _sys = (StarSystemAPI)_fleet.getContainingLocation();
SectorEntityToken _planet = _sys.getEntityById(_planetId);
float _orbitRadius = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getDistance(_fleet.getLocation(), _planet.getLocation());
float _orbitDays = _orbitRadius / (20f + new Random().nextFloat() * 10f);
_sys.addRingBand(_planet,
"misc",
"rings_special0",
Color.RED,
_orbitRadius,
_orbitDays)

Off course, I have to edit it a bit and replace "rings_special0" texture for tests.

P.S. Yes, you understand correct. They are decorative. You can not interact anyhow.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 17, 2020, 01:29:50 PM »

Sorry to disappoint you, but I spent all my character points to agility and stamina, leaving no room for intelligence to be able to learn advanced magic like "Java" is, or wisdom, to ignore spell mastery limitation.  :P

In other words: I did not understand even a word you say.

The story is: one guy ask me to help with a custom-made dust rings. But whatever I do they do not work as intended, so I understand that just swapping vanilla texture won't help me in testing, I need to spawn them using custom parameters. So I asked CC thread "how to" question, and find demanded help:

Code: That is a magic scroll, to use a ancient spell "spawn rings"
runcode String _planetId = "test";
runcode String _planetId = "planet_id";
SectorEntityToken _fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet();
StarSystemAPI _sys = (StarSystemAPI)_fleet.getContainingLocation();
SectorEntityToken _planet = _sys.getEntityById(_planetId);
float _orbitRadius = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getDistance(_fleet.getLocation(), _planet.getLocation());
float _orbitDays = _orbitRadius / (20f + new Random().nextFloat() * 10f);
_sys.addRingBand(_planet,
"misc",
"rings_special0",
Color.RED,
_orbitRadius,
_orbitDays)

Off course, I have to edit it a bit and replace "rings_special0" texture for tests.

P.S. Yes, you understand correct. They are decorative. You can not interact anyhow.

I understand how that code works, and I could modify it to create an orbital ring if I ever found some good art and a good reason to implement it. Thanks!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 17, 2020, 02:38:27 PM »

found some good art and a good reason to implement it

I doubt it is possible to "find" an art of that kind. Not because it is not exist (it is actually, just rare), but because a general SS problem - low resolution. Any "good" art would be in high resolution and simple shrinking(external or in-game) of a flat-based curve texture would give either artifacts or bloor. To work as intended it suppose to be created/heavily adjusted in precise resolution and curve or close to it. Is it possible? Pretty sure it is, but not sure how hard + simple kitbashing won't work, a lot of painting would be required. And the more thick donut is, the more visual problem will be caused by curving it. The only way to entirely (or almost)  remove those issues, not making texture too thin - is increasing amount of textures in a circle (from 6 to like 8-12) with respective decreasing of texture height. Not sure if it is possible, and even if is, 12-syde symmetrical thing is really uncool looking or even drops into boring almost monoshape circle.

And as for "reason", the only one currently is theoretical "coolness". And as it is lore-heresy, probably not default option. For the feature 95% of users would never ever know, it requires unreasonable amount of efforts, while result is not guaranteed. That is a personal opinion, but I believe it is currently far beyond symbolical "forget it" line, and will remain there until there would be something better, than simple "coolness".

However, I am glad one more "impossible" flag is removed.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 219