Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071715 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.1.4)
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2020, 11:01:54 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Code: tsc_Paragon_Olimpians.skin
{
    "baseHullId":"paragon",
    "skinHullId":"tsc_Paragon_Olimpians",
    "hullName":"Paragon(O)",
    "descriptionId":"paragon",
    "descriptionPrefix":"Eridani-Utopia Terraforming Corporation considered ordinary Paragon isn't good enough.",
    "tags":[],
    "tech":[],
    "spriteName":"graphics/tsc/ships/Paragon/Paragon_Olimpians.png",
    "baseValueMult":5.00,
    "removeWeaponSlots":[],         # ids
    "removeEngineSlots":[],         # indices, as engine slots have no id in the .ship file
    "removeBuiltInMods":[],         # hullmod ids
    "removeBuiltInWeapons":[],      # weapon slot ids
    "builtInMods":["olympians"],
    "builtInWeapons":{
    },
}
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Alluvian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2020, 09:01:57 PM »

Discovered a rare bug with: data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station. Thankfully, it is not a problem most players will experience.

If a player gains control over Prism Freeport (in Nex), and they click on the button to add or build an industry, there will be a crash. This occurs due to a null pointer during the Astropoli orbit lookup. I have included one of the sample error messages below. It is possible a similar error would occur should a player have the Legio Siege events (from Tahlan) enabled, and somehow take over one of their Hyperspace stations.

"Sample error in starsector.log"
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.numAstroInOrbit(Astropolis_Station.java:325)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.isAvailableToBuild(Astropolis_Station.java:353)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 30, 2020, 09:47:21 AM »

Discovered a rare bug with: data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station. Thankfully, it is not a problem most players will experience.

If a player gains control over Prism Freeport (in Nex), and they click on the button to add or build an industry, there will be a crash. This occurs due to a null pointer during the Astropoli orbit lookup. I have included one of the sample error messages below. It is possible a similar error would occur should a player have the Legio Siege events (from Tahlan) enabled, and somehow take over one of their Hyperspace stations.

"Sample error in starsector.log"
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.numAstroInOrbit(Astropolis_Station.java:325)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.isAvailableToBuild(Astropolis_Station.java:353)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I've identified the cause of that crash and I will include a fix in the next patch. Until then, if you disable astropolis construction using the settings file it should prevent the crash from occurring. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 02, 2020, 06:11:51 AM »

Drunken suggestion
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 02, 2020, 03:56:00 PM »

Drunken suggestion
[close]

Your O-class Paragon is completely overpowered, and that would be even worse! Definitely not happening!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 02, 2020, 08:13:35 PM »

Your O-class Paragon is completely overpowered

Oh... That was a joke, actually.

Definitely not happening!

Idea was to make it a logistic gate ship. I am lazy ass, so does not remove mounts completely yet. However, even if logistic still OP, as any freighters or tankers are junk compared to it. Sobering helps sometimes.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 03, 2020, 04:12:24 PM »

I noticed something on my playthrough.

So this faction had an Orbital Station orbiting a Gas Giant. This is one of the Vanilla Orbital Stations belonging to Tri-Tachyon. That gave them Volatiles as a commodity.

That Station got abandoned due to raiding. So i decided to re-settle it using this mod.

When i re-settled it, it no longer had Volatiles.

For testing purposes i also tested it on mod factions, a Tiandong Station orbiting a Gas Giant. They have access to Volatiles on vanilla, depopulated it and resettled it, and no Volatiles on the new Station.

I wish repopulating an Orbital Station gives you access to the nearest planet commodities, since that's what Vanilla Orbital Stations do.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 04:17:06 PM by Unnamed_Shadow »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 04, 2020, 04:17:47 AM »

I noticed something on my playthrough.

So this faction had an Orbital Station orbiting a Gas Giant. This is one of the Vanilla Orbital Stations belonging to Tri-Tachyon. That gave them Volatiles as a commodity.

That Station got abandoned due to raiding. So i decided to re-settle it using this mod.

When i re-settled it, it no longer had Volatiles.

For testing purposes i also tested it on mod factions, a Tiandong Station orbiting a Gas Giant. They have access to Volatiles on vanilla, depopulated it and resettled it, and no Volatiles on the new Station.

I wish repopulating an Orbital Station gives you access to the nearest planet commodities, since that's what Vanilla Orbital Stations do.

Which station are you referring to? Port Tse Franchise Station? All vanilla stations are hardcoded to restore their original resources, so if I missed one I would like to add it.

Stations from mods do not get their resources back if you recolonize them. Sorry!

RedBanditDzhugashvili

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2020, 06:38:25 AM »

Hey boggled,

I really like the mod, it adds so much more depth to the game and it just amazes me that there are so many awesome mods that add so much more content to the game for free.

I am just having one problem, and I haven't found a solution elsewhere, so I'll just ask here.

For some of my larger planets in the late game, there aren't enough visual slots on the colony management to show all of the structures I wish to construct on the planet, alongside all of the vanilla industries and structures. I add new structures but they don't start a third row, I can't see them anywhere, and only the first 12 industries/structures are show in the panels. Do you have a solution to this? Is this just on my end?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 05, 2020, 06:56:18 AM »

Hey boggled,

I really like the mod, it adds so much more depth to the game and it just amazes me that there are so many awesome mods that add so much more content to the game for free.

I am just having one problem, and I haven't found a solution elsewhere, so I'll just ask here.

For some of my larger planets in the late game, there aren't enough visual slots on the colony management to show all of the structures I wish to construct on the planet, alongside all of the vanilla industries and structures. I add new structures but they don't start a third row, I can't see them anywhere, and only the first 12 industries/structures are show in the panels. Do you have a solution to this? Is this just on my end?

Starsector has a limit of 12 structures per colony. Unfortunately this limit cannot be easily increased with mods so we're stuck with it for now. Sorry!

RedBanditDzhugashvili

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2020, 07:44:09 AM »

Ah alright that's unfortunate :(
Well, thanks for the reply!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 05, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Spoiler
[close]

So I'm back from my developing hiatus and I finally got around to implementing this skin of the conquest. The art looks good in your post, but in-game with the weapons installed the dark blue color really clashes with the art style of the weapons. I'm definitely not an artist, but it's my perception that most of the vanilla ship artwork uses light colors for the hulls, especially around the weapon mounts, to highlight the weapons and not blend in with them. Your conquest uses too dark of a blue and breaks this convention. Could I ask that you modify this image so the blue is much lighter? Perhaps sample the light blue from the high tech ships, and create a slightly lighter "halo" around the turrets as seen on the Paragon, Falcon and vanilla Conquest. Thank you again for all your help and contributions!

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 05, 2020, 06:46:11 PM »

Got a suggestion for you, not sure if it would be difficult to implement or not. Since the presumption is that the military police HQ is bringing in de-cived humans to the colony's population, could that translate to a brief (6 months?) but significant growth bonus for the Colony? Particularly duration of the subjugation or after its completion? Other than that I have a few more out-there ideas:

-Orbital elevator: Upgrades Skyhook, greatly improves accessibility but costs more domain artifacts.

-Orbital ring: Upgrade to Orbital works, but adds domain era artifact usage (Station keeping purposes or material I guess)

-Planet Cracking for Terraforming (adds or increases tectonic activity but increases ore yield, maybe as temporary structure like the MPHQ?)

-Increase population yield for cloning (x5 market size maybe?). I know it's more about those sweet, sweet organs but it's kinda underwhelming for the cost.

Loving what you're doing so far with the mod by the way. Keep up the good work!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2020, 06:06:55 AM »

Could I ask that you modify this image so the blue is much lighter?

That won't be hard, but not today. I have to be sober tonight. I'll do some variants, perhaps different colors (Suggestions? Better directly in RGB)
create a slightly lighter "halo" around the turrets as seen on the Paragon, Falcon and vanilla Conquest.

"Halo" from vanilla conquest is already there. It is possible to custom-adjust light in this areas, but I am not an artist either. I'll see if able to make something decent.

dead_hand

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 06, 2020, 07:11:57 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Code: tsc_Paragon_Olimpians.skin
{
    "baseHullId":"paragon",
    "skinHullId":"tsc_Paragon_Olimpians",
    "hullName":"Paragon(O)",
    "descriptionId":"paragon",
    "descriptionPrefix":"Eridani-Utopia Terraforming Corporation considered ordinary Paragon isn't good enough.",
    "tags":[],
    "tech":[],
    "spriteName":"graphics/tsc/ships/Paragon/Paragon_Olimpians.png",
    "baseValueMult":5.00,
    "removeWeaponSlots":[],         # ids
    "removeEngineSlots":[],         # indices, as engine slots have no id in the .ship file
    "removeBuiltInMods":[],         # hullmod ids
    "removeBuiltInWeapons":[],      # weapon slot ids
    "builtInMods":["olympians"],
    "builtInWeapons":{
    },
}

This design looks beautiful though. Would definitely like to see this in game, even as a standalone ship add-on.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 219