Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071486 times)

ATunaCan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.1.4)
« Reply #360 on: April 23, 2020, 11:18:32 AM »

Heya! Just wanna say i'm loving the mod, been using it since the pre v5 rework! (though that boggled my old save)

Two quick question though,
-When removing the stellar mirrors from colony management, the array still exists in the sector without providing any further terraforming benefits (and the planet doesn't turn dark again). Is that intended? What happens if i build the array again?
-I can't seem to get the lobster quest for some reason, using nex and no random coreworlds. Neither orbiting Umbra for months nor going in and out of hyperspace could get the quest to pop up in the bar.

The stellar reflectors don't disappear but are purely visual once the structure is removed. If you rebuild the structure, they'll remain in orbit but more won't be added. This is done to explain the fact that "poor light" doesn't return if you scrap the structure.

Do you have the message on the seed lobsters ability that indicates your sector is modified and the quest can't be initiated?

I'm afraid not. It only says "you lack the techonology necessary to create new variations of the Voluntarian lobsters that can surivive on other planets" in orange text.

Unlike Penelope's Secret, the lobster quest relies on Starsector's built-in mechanism for placing quests on a planet. It can be finicky about when the quest is populated - be sure to clear/resolve any other bar quests in Umbra as well as travel to other systems. When I was testing it myself I had to jump to hyperspace and back several times before it would show up. If you start a new game and immediately use console commands to travel to Umbra, does the quest populate?

Unfortunately it's almost impossible for me to identify why the quest wouldn't show up for a given player. There are too many variables to investigate, including other mods the player has installed, possible bugs in the vanilla bar quest population code, and Umbra potentially being conquered/decivilized while the quest was in the bar. Sorry!

Thanks, it's completely understandable how different mods could affect the quest and planets in some way, and that i'm using over 50 mods anyway. Strangely enough, the quest does indeed pop up when i start a new save. I'm guessing it could have been that Umbra was conquered/reconquered at some time in game or sorts. No worries!

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2020, 01:04:56 PM »

Hello.
I do not seem to be getting accessibility boost when having the gate in my system. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I disabled the gatekeeper station. Does that affect that? Because it shouldn't as there are different multiplier for the gatekeeper as well as for the accessibility boost for the entire system.
Any tips?
Thanks

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 23, 2020, 02:29:34 PM »

Hello.
I do not seem to be getting accessibility boost when having the gate in my system. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I disabled the gatekeeper station. Does that affect that? Because it shouldn't as there are different multiplier for the gatekeeper as well as for the accessibility boost for the entire system.
Any tips?
Thanks

You don't get an accessibility boost if the gatekeeper station is disabled and/or abandoned. If you're not paying upkeep for the astral gate industry, you don't get the bonus!

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 23, 2020, 03:01:16 PM »

Okay, thanks for the info.

GhostReconZB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 23, 2020, 11:59:35 PM »

I think there is some issues with the download link. The github link always turns out be: raw.githubusercontent.com does not send any data (ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE), at least for me.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2020, 12:09:50 AM »

Link is fine. At least for me.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

ATunaCan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 24, 2020, 01:46:22 AM »

I think there is some issues with the download link. The github link always turns out be: raw.githubusercontent.com does not send any data (ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE), at least for me.

Github is down quite a lot these days. Just give it a few hours and you'll be able to download the mod as normal!

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 24, 2020, 08:08:36 PM »

I'm sorry, I am trying to play with your mod, but I cannot for the life of me find the terraform ability. Its not on my ability bar, where would it be?

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2020, 08:17:57 PM »

Noticed something odd... I had a colony on a gas giant (temporary, it was just to facilitate building more stations around it) and it was cursed with extreme weather and very hot.  Not that I minded, as I didn't plan on staying there forever (plan was to abandon once all three stations around the giant were finished), but I looked through the building list anyway.  One of the options for was for a stellar reflector - the device that increases heat and light levels.  But this planet already had the very hot penalty, so why would I want to make it even hotter?  Even more perplexing is that the solar shade option was grayed out whilst the other stayed open for building - perplexing obviously because the solar shade would have been far more useful, had I any intention of making a permanent colony there.

Then I noticed this pattern repeated across three other colonies that all had the hot and very hot penalties - solar reflectors were on the table but solar shades were grayed out on all of them.  None of these were volcanic worlds, by the way - all were barren types.

Is this a glitch?  A bug?  Intended?  Did I miss something, some kind of hidden prerequisite for stellar shades?

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2020, 09:44:45 PM »

With newest version solar shades and solar reflectors got rolled into stellar reflectors which on building fixes light problems and some heat/cold problems and now contributes terraforming points, for gas giants it would be removing bad gravity and fixing tectonics if you have them enabled (thanks Boggled!).

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2020, 03:58:11 AM »

I'm sorry, I am trying to play with your mod, but I cannot for the life of me find the terraform ability. Its not on my ability bar, where would it be?
The abilities don't appear on the bar by default, so you'll have to add them.
Use the buttons to "scroll" to a bar which has empty spaces, then right-click on any empty space. This will then allow you to add any ability you have available to that box.

This is the case for every mod which adds abilities.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 25, 2020, 05:51:38 AM »

Noticed something odd... I had a colony on a gas giant (temporary, it was just to facilitate building more stations around it) and it was cursed with extreme weather and very hot.  Not that I minded, as I didn't plan on staying there forever (plan was to abandon once all three stations around the giant were finished), but I looked through the building list anyway.  One of the options for was for a stellar reflector - the device that increases heat and light levels.  But this planet already had the very hot penalty, so why would I want to make it even hotter?  Even more perplexing is that the solar shade option was grayed out whilst the other stayed open for building - perplexing obviously because the solar shade would have been far more useful, had I any intention of making a permanent colony there.

Then I noticed this pattern repeated across three other colonies that all had the hot and very hot penalties - solar reflectors were on the table but solar shades were grayed out on all of them.  None of these were volcanic worlds, by the way - all were barren types.

Is this a glitch?  A bug?  Intended?  Did I miss something, some kind of hidden prerequisite for stellar shades?

Do you have my old terraforming mod installed alongside this one? If you have two entries for stellar reflectors in the building menu, having duplicate mods installed might be the reason why.

jn_xyp

• Ensign
  • Ordinary Player, Fossic.org customer support
    • View Profile
    • Jn_xyp's Blog (In Chinese)
« Reply #372 on: April 26, 2020, 02:43:06 AM »

When I hover my mouse over the "Astral Gate Construction" skill button, the game crushed immediately.

The error log:

Code
5247420 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getPlanetTokenForQuest(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getPlanetTokenForQuest(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Construct_Astral_Gate.createTooltip(Construct_Astral_Gate.java:222)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.E$3.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.public.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.AbilityPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Ordinary Player, maintainer and customer support of fossic.org.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 26, 2020, 06:35:19 AM »

When I hover my mouse over the "Astral Gate Construction" skill button, the game crushed immediately.

The error log:

Code
5247420 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getPlanetTokenForQuest(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getPlanetTokenForQuest(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Construct_Astral_Gate.createTooltip(Construct_Astral_Gate.java:222)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.E$3.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.public.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.AbilityPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This looks like it's caused by duplicate or corrupted mod files. Delete the folder for this mod and download a clean copy. Also, make sure that you're not still running any of the old versions of my mods (Gate Construction, Terraforming or Player Station Construction). Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 26, 2020, 07:13:38 AM »

Drunken suggestion:

1. Random generated terraforming quest.

Once player makes his first successful terraforming of any kind, there are probability of generating BBS quest for terraforming a random fully surveyed non-colonized planet into a specific (usually Cat3) type. No time limit, but player not able to accept more than certain amount of that kind of quests. After a successful transformation planet is transferred into control of faction, who gives a quest. Player get payment based on colony size, built structures cost and any additional equipped remained (Ai cores, NF, ST or else). As an additional reward - reputation gain over a time, like +5 each month for a one or two cycles.

2. Random generated station construction quest.

Mostly the same, but trigger is building a specific type of a station (mining station, siphon or gate). Success criteria - station has to gain a size, determined by a quest. Then it is transferred to a customer's control.

3. Recolonize quest.

Sometimes worlds decivilized because space is cruel. Sometimes, because player is cruel. Mission is to recolonize abandoned station and rise it population to certain point. Of course, that abandoned station should exist for quest to be generated.

EDIT: If reward is not enough you think, that could be a unknown blueprints or unique, other way unobtainable, ships.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:21:48 AM by Mondaymonkey »
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 219