Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070499 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.1.2)
« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2020, 08:30:36 AM »

I've probably should start a new thread for this question, but ask here maybe it's easier than I think.

You are doing updates frequently, and that is awesome. But each and every time I load a new version I have to manually change:

"boggledStationCrampedQuartersEnabled":true,
"boggledStationCrampedQuartersPlayerCanPayToIncreaseStationSize":true,

And now I possibly will add to this list:

"boggledHydroponicsEnabled":true,
"boggledCloningEnabled":true,
"boggledWildlifeExploitationEnabled":true,

And it is not possible just to copy corrected settings.json, as you expand it with almost each update (and that is also awesome. cos' customizing is highest goodness). The idea was to make external file with:

Code
{
"boggledHydroponicsEnabled":true,
"boggledCloningEnabled":true,
"boggledWildlifeExploitationEnabled":true,
"boggledStationCrampedQuartersEnabled":true,
"boggledStationCrampedQuartersPlayerCanPayToIncreaseStationSize":true,
}

But it is never works. Thoughts?

Right now this mod is feature complete barring any further meritorious suggestions for new content. There probably won't be any further changes to the settings file for a long time, so you can just keep your old settings file and overwrite the default one each time you update.

Asteroid Processing doesn't work. As I try to open terraforming panel for other colony in a system the game crashes with null.exception. It works fine with Atmosphere Processor on a colony though.
1017191 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getPlanetType(boggledTools.java:697)
   at data.scripts.TerraformingControlPanelDialog.printCurrentTerraformingStatus(TerraformingControlPanelDialog.java:100)
   at data.scripts.TerraformingControlPanelDialog.optionSelected(TerraformingControlPanelDialog.java:309)
   at data.scripts.TerraformingControlPanelDialog.init(TerraformingControlPanelDialog.java:39)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.??0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
   at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Terraforming_Control_Panel.activateImpl(Terraforming_Control_Panel.java:36)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.activate(BaseDurationAbility.java:220)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.pressButton(BaseDurationAbility.java:187)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.E.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Fixed in the 5.1.2 patch. Thanks for letting me know and sorry about this bug!

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2020, 05:41:11 PM »

I think planets with the Darkness condition should at least be terraformable into frozen.
I found a cryosleeper in a nebula, and though I obviously don't expect to build a paradise system around it, it'd be nice to at least be able to clean up the radiation on the barren rocks there and give them an atmosphere.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2020, 06:32:06 PM »

I think planets with the Darkness condition should at least be terraformable into frozen.
I found a cryosleeper in a nebula, and though I obviously don't expect to build a paradise system around it, it'd be nice to at least be able to clean up the radiation on the barren rocks there and give them an atmosphere.

I think the frozen transformation should be available for dark planets. I'll also make the condition improvements available except for mild climate.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 21, 2020, 03:44:02 AM »

I've been wondering why Terran Planets don't generate a good number of Volatiles?

If im not mistaken they generate -1 Volatiles. Shouldn't they at least have the average production of Volatiles?

Or is this how all Terran planets work in-game?

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2020, 04:05:59 AM »

From my experience, most terran planets spawn with no volatiles at all, and Trace Volatiles(-1) is actually pretty rare on them, so the fact that you always get them when terraforming into terran is pretty significant.

EDIT: Game crashed when I tried to build a mining station. Not sure if it's relevant, but it was an asteroid field in a nebula.

2453393 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Construct_Mining_Station.activateImpl(Construct_Mining_Station.java:83)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.activate(BaseDurationAbility.java:220)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.pressButton(BaseDurationAbility.java:187)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.E.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:55:47 AM by Uhlang »

DX2002

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2020, 06:51:31 AM »

I've been wondering why Terran Planets don't generate a good number of Volatiles?

If im not mistaken they generate -1 Volatiles. Shouldn't they at least have the average production of Volatiles?

Or is this how all Terran planets work in-game?
Well,I dont't think that it's normal for an Earth-like planet to have too many volatiles.Just think about our planet.Volatiles in the Starsector mainly refers to gases such as ammonia,hydrogen and natural gas,can we get a LOT of these on our planet?So I believe that it's reasonable to reduce the ammount of volatiles on Terran worlds,or just have no volatiles.The Terran planets in this mod are already rich in farmland and organics,adding too many resources will certainly make it too "attractive" that makes the Tundra worlds and Frozen worlds seam useless.I believe that each planet type should have its own    features that can make it unique and worth-forming,like Water worlds can help terraforming,Jungle worlds can make an extra profit.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.1.3)
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2020, 07:40:59 AM »

EDIT: Game crashed when I tried to build a mining station. Not sure if it's relevant, but it was an asteroid field in a nebula.

I was able to replicate this crash on my system and it is now fixed. Thanks for letting me know about this!

GamerRoman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2020, 01:05:44 PM »

I disabled Domain-era artifacts but they still show up in Procurement missions, newest version for both mod and game on a new save.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 21, 2020, 01:27:37 PM »

The vanilla procgen "rolls" the following approximate percentages for generated Terran (cat4) planets:
No volatiles - 90%
-1 volatiles - 9%
+/-0 volatiles - 1%

So the answer is, because they don't anywhere else in the game.
This is at least in part to make all planet types somewhat useful, and the conceit the game uses to "justify" this is that volatiles only really form in economicaly useful quantity on cold icy planets.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2020, 02:14:28 PM »

The vanilla procgen "rolls" the following approximate percentages for generated Terran (cat4) planets:
No volatiles - 90%
-1 volatiles - 9%
+/-0 volatiles - 1%

This is at least in part to make all planet types somewhat useful, and the conceit the game uses to "justify" this is that volatiles only really form in economicaly useful quantity on cold icy planets.

What if a Terraform an Icy World with abundant volatiles into a Terran World? Will i lose those Volatiles.

I know Ores don't change. Would be nice this applies to existing quantities of volatiles when you terraform

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2020, 02:35:15 PM »

I'm still getting the bug where domain artifacts are being delivered to the marketplace instead of storage.

DX2002

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2020, 06:48:50 PM »

No volatiles - 90%
-1 volatiles - 9%
+/-0 volatiles - 1%

What if a Terraform an Icy World with abundant volatiles into a Terran World? Will i lose those Volatiles.

I know Ores don't change. Would be nice this applies to existing quantities of volatiles when you terraform
I'm afraid yes,the resources of the planet will be set to +2 farmland,+2 organics and -1 volatiles on any terraformed Terran planets.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2020, 08:02:02 PM »

Question: Is there any way to remove Extreme Weather?  If not that's OK, I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 22, 2020, 12:25:45 AM »

Right now this mod is feature complete barring any further meritorious suggestions for new content. There probably won't be any further changes to the settings file for a long time, so you can just keep your old settings file and overwrite the default one each time you update.

Never mind. There was couple tries to figure out what is wrong. External settings file now works as intended.

I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 22, 2020, 03:09:53 AM »

This is a pretty weird question and I'm sorry if its been asked before/has a solution/I've misunderstood something, but is there anyway to have the planets appearance not change when its terraformed? Or can that be made into a config setting somehow?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 219