Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070339 times)

Demilith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v3.2.0)
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2020, 09:30:30 AM »

No moon, no other planet. Nothing...

Please post a zoomed-out screenshot of the area around the planet, as well as a screenshot of the system map.

Here we go!
Thanks for the reply!

(As a sidenote, I tried destroying the base and the solar shade array, it didn't change anything.)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2020, 10:02:08 AM »

Oh... Probably boggled already implement that... Fast.

Yup! It's in a changelog!

Your planet is too close to a star, I guess. Astropoli will dive into corona if built. You are probably choose a wrong system to colonize, sorry.

Stations, siphons, stellar mirrors and etc. do not interfere with astropoli. Had to be told.

P.S. I probably need that "version checker", everyone is talking about.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Demilith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2020, 10:28:05 AM »

I used a Miller-Urey device to terraform my planet anyway, I just didn't understand why I could not build a station.^^

Thanks for the answer!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2020, 10:49:11 AM »

Oh... Probably boggled already implement that... Fast.

Yup! It's in a changelog!

Your planet is too close to a star, I guess. Astropoli will dive into corona if built. You are probably choose a wrong system to colonize, sorry.

Stations, siphons, stellar mirrors and etc. do not interfere with astropoli. Had to be told.

P.S. I probably need that "version checker", everyone is talking about.

This is correct. I will see about including more information on the tooltip to identify what object is blocking astropoli construction.

Kpop

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2020, 03:22:30 PM »

It looks like you're not using player station construction - you only have Boggled's Terraforming Mod as far as my mods go.

Based on that stack trace, I think you're getting that crash because something is iterating through fleets on the campaign layer and removing/despawning one while the iteration is still in progress. None of my mods interact with fleets on the campaign layer or their routes/wayfinding, so I think it's unlikely my mods are the culprit.

I know you indicated that you get the crash when you enable my mod(s). Is the crash reproducible in the same conditions every time, or is it only intermittent? Have you tried starting a new game with only my mod(s) enabled to see if the crash happens right away when you enter hyperspace? Are you using any non-default settings in any of my mods?

I am, in the list I just called it "this mod". That said - I agree. I didn't think the error was anything related to your mod just reading the log.You never know, code is funny that way. Change a few completely (seemingly)unrelated things and suddenly stuff starts to break.

It is reproducible. I jump to hyperspace, and probability of crash happening every second approaches 100% the closer to center of the core I go(like Prism freeport) and/or how long I have been in hyperspace. Takes anywhere from 10-50 seconds.

Maybe could be something related to how progressed the game since the beginning of the playthrough. That save about 8 hours prior where I made a new save before adding this mod hadn't crashed once. Another mod could not be playing nice with yours, who knows.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2020, 04:19:17 PM »

It looks like you're not using player station construction - you only have Boggled's Terraforming Mod as far as my mods go.

Based on that stack trace, I think you're getting that crash because something is iterating through fleets on the campaign layer and removing/despawning one while the iteration is still in progress. None of my mods interact with fleets on the campaign layer or their routes/wayfinding, so I think it's unlikely my mods are the culprit.

I know you indicated that you get the crash when you enable my mod(s). Is the crash reproducible in the same conditions every time, or is it only intermittent? Have you tried starting a new game with only my mod(s) enabled to see if the crash happens right away when you enter hyperspace? Are you using any non-default settings in any of my mods?

I am, in the list I just called it "this mod". That said - I agree. I didn't think the error was anything related to your mod just reading the log.You never know, code is funny that way. Change a few completely (seemingly)unrelated things and suddenly stuff starts to break.

It is reproducible. I jump to hyperspace, and probability of crash happening every second approaches 100% the closer to center of the core I go(like Prism freeport) and/or how long I have been in hyperspace. Takes anywhere from 10-50 seconds.

Maybe could be something related to how progressed the game since the beginning of the playthrough. That save about 8 hours prior where I made a new save before adding this mod hadn't crashed once. Another mod could not be playing nice with yours, who knows.

I took a look through the RouteManager class that seems to be responsible for the error and I don't see anything that could be interacting with my mods. Based on the type of exception thrown and the lack of any mods being mentioned in the stack trace, I think this is a vanilla bug and the timing with my mods being installed is just a coincidence. If you're able to reproduce it by starting a new game and immediately entering hyperspace and flying to Askonia, definitely let me know.

If any other players have this type of crash in connection with my mods, I will take a much deeper look at things. Sorry I couldn't be of help!

minhmap859

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2020, 03:09:57 AM »

I was trying to recolonize the abandoned siphon station in Yma, near the Chupi Orco gas giant, and it crashed me to desktop every time. Could you check this out, Boggle? Many thanks for the great mod.

Mod list:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "ApproLight",
  "raccoonarms",
  "blackrock_driveyards",
  "Boggled Terraforming",
  "CAS",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dam",
  "diableavionics",
  "DisassembleReassemble",
  "edshipyard",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "gates_awakened",
  "HMI",
  "hullmod_expansion",
  "deconomics",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "MagicLib",
  "missingships",
  "Neutrino",
  "nexerelin",
  "ORA",
  "SCY",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "Boggled Station Construction",
  "Sylphon_RnD",
  "tahlan",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "vayrasector",
  "vayrashippack",
  "vesperon",
  "shaderLib",
  "prv"
]}
[close]

Error log:
Spoiler
233286 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.addCustomEntity(Unknown Source)
   at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Colonize_Abandoned_Station.activateImpl(Colonize_Abandoned_Station.java:134)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.activate(BaseDurationAbility.java:220)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.pressButton(BaseDurationAbility.java:187)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.E.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

EniesLobby7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2020, 03:25:11 AM »

Known issues:
-If the player does not open the colony management screen very soon after creating a new market, there will be a bug related to population growth. I have no idea what causes this, but my workaround is to open the colony management screen as soon as the market is created to avoid it.
Does this bug still exist? I like the idea of this mod but I don't trust myself enough

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2020, 03:32:25 AM »

Does this bug still exist?

Nope. I mean, it is still there, but you will never met it. Boggled add a script to open a colony management screen next moment after station built. So, all you need is close that menu and keep playing as nothing happen.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2020, 05:20:51 AM »

I was trying to recolonize the abandoned siphon station in Yma, near the Chupi Orco gas giant, and it crashed me to desktop every time. Could you check this out, Boggle? Many thanks for the great mod.

Mod list:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "ApproLight",
  "raccoonarms",
  "blackrock_driveyards",
  "Boggled Terraforming",
  "CAS",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dam",
  "diableavionics",
  "DisassembleReassemble",
  "edshipyard",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "gates_awakened",
  "HMI",
  "hullmod_expansion",
  "deconomics",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "MagicLib",
  "missingships",
  "Neutrino",
  "nexerelin",
  "ORA",
  "SCY",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "Boggled Station Construction",
  "Sylphon_RnD",
  "tahlan",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "vayrasector",
  "vayrashippack",
  "vesperon",
  "shaderLib",
  "prv"
]}
[close]

Error log:
Spoiler
233286 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Colonize_Abandoned_Station.activateImpl(Colonize_Abandoned_Station.java:134)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.activate(BaseDurationAbility.java:220)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.pressButton(BaseDurationAbility.java:187)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.E.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I know what's causing this and it will be fixed in the next release (coming soon, I hope)! Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

EniesLobby7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2020, 05:44:58 AM »

Does this bug still exist?

Nope. I mean, it is still there, but you will never met it. Boggled add a script to open a colony management screen next moment after station built. So, all you need is close that menu and keep playing as nothing happen.
Thanks man

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2020, 06:50:08 AM »

Almost forgot. As Boggled announced he add an astral gate to this mod (heresy), let me turn on the imagination and make some heresy suggestions (non radical).

[Heretic mode ON]

-Jumppoint-keeper station. Absolute analogue of gatekeeper station. In addition to control and defend an important zone it can do a lot of fun stuff, like decreasing (or even removing if all jump-points have their keeper) pirate activity penalty from the other markets in a sector in exchange of doubled effect to keepers. It can decrease LP interests for all the markets in a sector (as there are harder to smuggle) in exchange for increased interests to keepers. If all jumppoints have their station, all raids/expeditions (except AI inspection) has to be redirected to one of a keeper stations with increased strength. Jumpkeeper can have it's own unique military structure, that send additional patrols in hyperspace. Or another structure, making jumps into hyperspace free-in-fuel and small increasing in accessibility to system planets (not combined with gate effect, which is bigger). OR it can not to do any of this, it's just looks cool. That's it, actually. It looks cool.  ;)

-Nebula siphon station. Basically the same to siphon, can be built in a nebula cloud, volatiles are always "spare", penalty to accessibility.

-Research stations. I have no idea what they can do, but it is a cool science stuff. More, if built in different places (magnetic field, corona, event horizon, in a pulsar system) it can do a different cool science stuff.

-Remnant nexus. Spawns player-faction ordos to patrol system. Requires enormous amount of AI cores to build. Market size is fixed to 3 (or even less). Why would someone need that? a) It's awesome. b) #&*@ the hegemony. That's why!

-Supercannon. Can satbomb planets in close systems (like 5 LY). Require a lot of fuel to maintain and has long (in month) refire delay. Can blind-bombard whole systems to clear them from pirate\LP\nexuses.

-Craftworld. Just "why not?" option.

-Cryosleeper beacon. Build one, go to a cryosleeper in another system, build a gate around cryosleeper and *puff*. Cryosleeper is in a beacon location.

[Heretic mode OFF]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2020, 10:19:15 AM »

-Jumppoint-keeper station. Absolute analogue of gatekeeper station. In addition to control and defend an important zone it can do a lot of fun stuff, like decreasing (or even removing if all jump-points have their keeper) pirate activity penalty from the other markets in a sector in exchange of doubled effect to keepers. It can decrease LP interests for all the markets in a sector (as there are harder to smuggle) in exchange for increased interests to keepers. If all jumppoints have their station, all raids/expeditions (except AI inspection) has to be redirected to one of a keeper stations with increased strength. Jumpkeeper can have it's own unique military structure, that send additional patrols in hyperspace. Or another structure, making jumps into hyperspace free-in-fuel and small increasing in accessibility to system planets (not combined with gate effect, which is bigger). OR it can not to do any of this, it's just looks cool. That's it, actually. It looks cool.  ;)

This is an interesting idea and I think something like it (blockades) might one day be implemented in vanilla. As for making a station to do this, I don't want to get involved in messing around with the campaign fleet AI to make this work. It would likely cause issues with other mods that make changes to the AI. I think vanilla and/or Nex are in a better situation for implementing blockades or jump point security.

-Nebula siphon station. Basically the same to siphon, can be built in a nebula cloud, volatiles are always "spare", penalty to accessibility.

I think this would be confusing due to the similarity with the siphon station. Also there is no precedent in vanilla lore for this type of station to my knowledge.

-Research stations. I have no idea what they can do, but it is a cool science stuff. More, if built in different places (magnetic field, corona, event horizon, in a pulsar system) it can do a different cool science stuff.

I like this idea. Right now there isn't a research mechanic in the game, but I will keep this in mind for later if something gets added where it would make sense to have research stations. Perhaps research stations could develop blueprints for certain things? It seems easier to just get the blueprints through raiding right now though.

-Remnant nexus. Spawns player-faction ordos to patrol system. Requires enormous amount of AI cores to build. Market size is fixed to 3 (or even less). Why would someone need that? a) It's awesome. b) #&*@ the hegemony. That's why!

I like this idea too. I would probably have to create a quest to unlock the ability to construct these stations. I can't promise this will ever get implemented due to the large time investment required, but it's something I will keep in mind if I'm looking to add more content.

-Supercannon. Can satbomb planets in close systems (like 5 LY). Require a lot of fuel to maintain and has long (in month) refire delay. Can blind-bombard whole systems to clear them from pirate\LP\nexuses.

I'm not so sure about this one. A big part of Starsector gameplay is invading planets and fighting fleets. Obviating that with a superweapon might not be a good addition.

-Craftworld. Just "why not?" option.

This is interesting too, although planet sized stations are not present in vanilla Starsector lore. Perhaps I will implement a terraforming option to turn planets into "hiveworlds" that have both positive and negative effects.

-Cryosleeper beacon. Build one, go to a cryosleeper in another system, build a gate around cryosleeper and *puff*. Cryosleeper is in a beacon location.

I think Alex said he was going to be creating some quests/mechanics around cryosleepers that would be coming in the next version of Starsector. I don't want to step on his toes there. Besides, my mods already allow the player to build/improve many markets in almost any system where a cryosleeper is located.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2020, 10:58:01 AM »

Also there is no precedent in vanilla lore for this type of station to my knowledge.
A big part of Starsector gameplay is invading planets and fighting fleets. Obviating that with a superweapon might not be a good addition.
although planet sized stations are not present in vanilla Starsector lore.

Well... That is why it was tagged as "heresy". That is why I don't suggest it before. That is why I don't suggest many other things. There are thick firewall between my sick mind and output devices (here is fingers). And it works well. Mostly.

Anyway, worth to try.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:00:45 AM by Mondaymonkey »

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2020, 12:57:59 PM »

I like this idea. Right now there isn't a research mechanic in the game, but I will keep this in mind for later if something gets added where it would make sense to have research stations. Perhaps research stations could develop blueprints for certain things? It seems easier to just get the blueprints through raiding right now though.
A station focused on reverse engineering ships to bypass space Denuvo would be pretty cool, actually. It would be a good alternative for those who didn't have any luck with blueprints while exploring, but also didn't want to compromise their standing with the factions by raiding. Just go buy the ship you want to produce, sacrifice it to the researchers, and wait a few months/cycles until they give you the blueprint.
Research stations in magnetic fields or event horizons would seem like good places to re-develop tech for non-makeshift comm relays, nav buoys, and sensor arrays.
And if you don't mind me bringing your terraforming mod into this... I always find it kinda strange that the player is able to build reflectors(Domain-era tech) right from the start. I think it would be cool if you only had makeshift shades/mirrors at first, but could then use research stations in coronas to develop upgrades for them, which would improve the planet's farmland and organics and maybe even add the mild climate condition. Though, I would understand if you want to avoid this level of integration between the two mods.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 219