Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1100714 times)

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.3.4)
« Reply #2670 on: June 03, 2023, 12:24:00 PM »

Seems like the terraforming options still don't display the colony name properly for any of the resource deposit improvement options or the last two atmospheric improvement options. Not a pressing issue since you already mentioned it's purely visual and you're working on a GUI for it anyway, just thought it was weird and kinda funny.

Heh, I'll do another patch for it. Thanks for letting me know!
In different news, how is the new terraforming interface going?

I'm working on it now! Please be patient!
Oh, don't worry, I am not worried about the time. It was more a (failed) attempt at a friendly chat about how it is going. Was expecting less about how long it would take, and more how you *felt* doing so, if it was hard, if you were enjoying the new posssibilities.
(Yes, I am well aware of the fan/friend divide, and how I am on the fan side. I have no intention of anything else. Friendly does not mean from a friend in this context, but more as in, calm, casual attitude.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 12:25:48 PM by YourLocalMairaaboo »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: June 03, 2023, 12:29:00 PM »

Seems like the terraforming options still don't display the colony name properly for any of the resource deposit improvement options or the last two atmospheric improvement options. Not a pressing issue since you already mentioned it's purely visual and you're working on a GUI for it anyway, just thought it was weird and kinda funny.

Heh, I'll do another patch for it. Thanks for letting me know!
In different news, how is the new terraforming interface going?

I'm working on it now! Please be patient!
Oh, don't worry, I am not worried about the time. It was more a (failed) attempt at a friendly chat about how it is going. Was expecting less about how long it would take, and more how you *felt* doing so, if it was hard, if you were enjoying the new posssibilities.

I haven't built a UI panel before so I'm learning something new. Thankfully I have plenty of good examples to copy from.

thompson8964

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: June 04, 2023, 04:11:29 AM »

mod crashes when i continue or start a new game

168642 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["is_hidden"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["is_hidden"] not found.
   at data.plugins.AoDCoreModPlugin.onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad(AoDCoreModPlugin.java:109)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.OO0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0O0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.classsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["is_hidden"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getBoolean(JSONObject.java:422)
   at data.scripts.research.ResearchHandler.initializeResearchList(ResearchHandler.java:355)
   at data.plugins.AoDCoreModPlugin.onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad(AoDCoreModPlugin.java:107)
   ... 15 more

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: June 04, 2023, 08:08:07 AM »

168642 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["is_hidden"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["is_hidden"] not found.
   at data.plugins.AoDCoreModPlugin.onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad(AoDCoreModPlugin.java:109)
   at data.scripts.research.ResearchHandler.initializeResearchList(ResearchHandler.java:355)
   at data.plugins.AoDCoreModPlugin.onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad(AoDCoreModPlugin.java:107)
   ... 15 more

This crash is caused by Ashes of the Domain, not TASC. Please be sure to update TASC and Ashes to the latest versions if you're using them together.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: June 04, 2023, 10:41:38 AM »

... 15 more
Please download latest ver because you use old ver which Boggled and I  also stated that AoD needs to be latest ver to work with TASC

Ivan Fullbright

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: June 04, 2023, 03:49:08 PM »

Just curious, how much does this mod impact VRAM usage? I've been getting the "Low VRAM" warning since installing it, and I don't have any other mods. I haven't actually experienced any slowdowns or instability, but I've only got 2GB to work with on my old laptop, so I'd like to know how close I'm flying to the sun.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: June 05, 2023, 06:25:37 AM »

Just curious, how much does this mod impact VRAM usage? I've been getting the "Low VRAM" warning since installing it, and I don't have any other mods. I haven't actually experienced any slowdowns or instability, but I've only got 2GB to work with on my old laptop, so I'd like to know how close I'm flying to the sun.

My understanding is that TASC should have very low VRAM impact because it doesn't load many textures or graphical effects. I would suggest comparing VRAM usage with no mods whatsoever vs. with only TASC enabled to eliminate other mods as the culprit.

I will note that creating lots of colonies in the same system causes significant performance issues. This can become an issue with TASC because it greatly increases the maximum possible number of colonies in a system.

Ivan Fullbright

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: June 05, 2023, 07:32:48 AM »

I'm not sure how to track VRAM usage directly on MacOS, but I tested by starting a new game with no mods, and got no warning. After re-enabling TASC, loaded the same savefile (still just sitting in Corvus) and got the warning. The only difference between the two scenarios was whether the mod was active.

Maybe the "Low VRAM" warning only shows up when you have at least one mod enabled?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: June 05, 2023, 07:33:53 AM »

I'm not sure how to track VRAM usage directly on MacOS, but I tested by starting a new game with no mods, and got no warning. After re-enabling TASC, loaded the same savefile (still just sitting in Corvus) and got the warning. The only difference between the two scenarios was whether the mod was active.

Maybe the "Low VRAM" warning only shows up when you have at least one mod enabled?

Try loading the game with a "known good" mod like LazyLib or LunaLib and see if you still get the warning.

Ivan Fullbright

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: June 05, 2023, 07:52:10 AM »

Try loading the game with a "known good" mod like LazyLib or LunaLib and see if you still get the warning.

Yep, got the warning, figures -- any mod at all triggers it, even ones like LazyLib. Well, this is good news in that I can use TASC no problem :) Thanks for your help!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: June 05, 2023, 07:52:29 AM »

Yep, got the warning, figures -- any mod at all triggers it, even ones like LazyLib. Well, this is good news in that I can use TASC no problem :) Thanks for your help!

No problem - enjoy!

Gniwu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: June 05, 2023, 11:01:33 AM »

I am using the station construction part of your mod and love how it fixes the one thing I hated so much about the colonization game: Gas giants being settled 'directly' in entirely abstracted floating colonies, instead of via bases like it's done for all of the pre-made core worlds. So first of all, thank you!

One thing I noticed during play yesterday was that I couldn't build a planetary shield on a siphoning station, because it 'cannot be built at a gas giant', and while I suppose this specific response from the game was simply due to the station automatically inheriting the gas giant attribute from its parent planet, I am also curious as to what your position on these shields is? Does their nature require widespread planetside installations, or could a single, very large starbase gain the same benefit a rocky planet would?

I have not tried building an astropolis around a regular world to see if the shield would be buildable in that case, because letting you know about this issue as soon as possible seemed more useful.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: June 05, 2023, 11:11:23 AM »

I am using the station construction part of your mod and love how it fixes the one thing I hated so much about the colonization game: Gas giants being settled 'directly' in entirely abstracted floating colonies, instead of via bases like it's done for all of the pre-made core worlds. So first of all, thank you!

One thing I noticed during play yesterday was that I couldn't build a planetary shield on a siphoning station, because it 'cannot be built at a gas giant', and while I suppose this specific response from the game was simply due to the station automatically inheriting the gas giant attribute from its parent planet, I am also curious as to what your position on these shields is? Does their nature require widespread planetside installations, or could a single, very large starbase gain the same benefit a rocky planet would?

I have not tried building an astropolis around a regular world to see if the shield would be buildable in that case, because letting you know about this issue as soon as possible seemed more useful.
Oh, that's just the basegame being dumb. Stations can't get shields, but since you never get one in vanilla, the tooltip misidentifies the planet type.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: June 05, 2023, 11:16:15 AM »

Oh, that's just the basegame being dumb. Stations can't get shields, but since you never get one in vanilla, the tooltip misidentifies the planet type.

Yeah, I just checked the Planetary Shield code and this is correct. I suppose this bug should be reported to Alex since there's a whole bunch of mods (not just TASC) that allow the player to control a station.

Indie Winter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: June 09, 2023, 01:21:28 AM »

this mod is great, thank you so much!

Just one question - is there a way to remove atmosphere from a planet? I see there are ways to make the atmosphere better (less toxic/dense/thin/extreme) but not to do away with it altogether.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 223