Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 222

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1099213 times)

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.6)
« Reply #2265 on: December 14, 2022, 08:28:12 PM »

No, a feature like that has never been in TASC. Stations built using TASC are part of the player's faction initially.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't TASC. It's a Nexerelin feature.  You can build an autonomous station with a gamma core.  It acts like one of those abandone station around the sector that you can use to store stuff but with the benefit of generation some supplies and fuel for you as well.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: December 16, 2022, 02:31:03 AM »

Could we get a use for the GPA (right now it is a money sink), and an option to build it in the settings (much like the limelight and criosanctum)?
Not necessarily something amazing, but maybe something at least interesting?
Like, +5 rep with the indies every cycle, or +5% planet income per stable location in system, and +10% for the gate (would it even be possible?) reflecting collab with galatia on research?
It feels kinda weird that it does nothing but suck up maintenance cash.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: December 16, 2022, 06:08:59 AM »

Could we get a use for the GPA (right now it is a money sink), and an option to build it in the settings (much like the limelight and criosanctum)?
Like, +5 rep with the indies every cycle, or +5% planet income per stable location in system, and +10% for the gate (would it even be possible?) reflecting collab with galatia on research?

The player isn't really meant to gain control of a market with the GPA on it. I know it becomes possible with Nex though.

I could add some miscellaneous bonus to it and make it buildable, but I don't see how that would improve gameplay. I think it's fine to leave it as-is, and having no benefits makes sense because (just like real life) it only provides some abstract scientific knowledge that isn't practically useful and won't be until some point in the future.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: December 16, 2022, 08:17:07 AM »

The player isn't really meant to gain control of a market with the GPA on it. I know it becomes possible with Nex though.

I could add some miscellaneous bonus to it and make it buildable, but I don't see how that would improve gameplay. I think it's fine to leave it as-is, and having no benefits makes sense because (just like real life) it only provides some abstract scientific knowledge that isn't practically useful and won't be until some point in the future.
I see... Makes sense, I guess.

Floorbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: December 16, 2022, 01:23:46 PM »

release the ability's to make coronal hypershunts this is what i want for Christmas.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: December 16, 2022, 01:25:26 PM »

release the ability's to make coronal hypershunts this is what i want for Christmas.

No promises, but I'll try!

Floorbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: December 17, 2022, 12:31:06 AM »

thank you

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: December 17, 2022, 01:16:04 AM »

Nothing like asserting dominance on Kentington to get your mod to be even better, heh?

NocturneOfSolace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: December 20, 2022, 03:18:00 AM »

'DIY Planets - Compatible if terraforming is disabled in TASC.'

How do I do this?

EDIT: nevermind, dumb question

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: December 22, 2022, 07:13:36 AM »

I'm unsure why, maybe due to updating some other mods I've been running all the time, but now I'm unable to turn an Make shift Habital into an Orbital Station. I'm fairly sure its from TASC and not another mod.

I'm, however, unsure of what mod might be causing this as while the option comes up for making a habitable station, choosing the option now seems to do nothing and instead repeatedly send the same message about constructing the habitat into a station

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: December 22, 2022, 07:16:51 AM »

I'm unsure why, maybe due to updating some other mods I've been running all the time, but now I'm unable to turn an Make shift Habital into an Orbital Station. I'm fairly sure its from TASC and not another mod.

I'm, however, unsure of what mod might be causing this as while the option comes up for making a habitable station, choosing the option now seems to do nothing and instead repeatedly send the same message about constructing the habitat into a station

Makeshift habitats are not part of TASC. Only construction of mining stations, siphon stations and astropolis stations are part of TASC.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: December 22, 2022, 07:37:43 PM »

Huh, I must've confused it with TASC then, given the station construction abilities.

My apologies

Ghost47

• Ensign
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: December 26, 2022, 04:35:14 PM »

Hello
First of all I really enjoyed your mod so far
But I noticed that in order for DIY planets to be compatible I need to turn the terraforming off in the json file.
However, do I need to start a new save or keep playing with the current one?
Because I'm worried that it might break something after I turned that off.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: December 26, 2022, 05:58:27 PM »

Hello
First of all I really enjoyed your mod so far
But I noticed that in order for DIY planets to be compatible I need to turn the terraforming off in the json file.
However, do I need to start a new save or keep playing with the current one?
Because I'm worried that it might break something after I turned that off.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

You can turn off the terraforming features in TASC mid-save and it will be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 222