Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 222

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1099421 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.5)
« Reply #2100 on: September 18, 2022, 10:17:29 AM »

One thing I've found I really wanted: I wish there was a config option to allow the player to build syphon stations around any planet of sufficient size that has a volitiles deposit. This would make getting enough volitiles to run a full power fusion lamp way easier, which I would appreciate.

I don't think that's compatible with the lore of how siphon stations work.

Grotez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: September 21, 2022, 05:02:07 AM »

So apparently Archipelago world does NOT count as having a "large amount of water present" for improving farmland. Although maybe it's because it's from some other mod and by default planets aren't filled with water.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: September 21, 2022, 03:32:47 PM »

So apparently Archipelago world does NOT count as having a "large amount of water present" for improving farmland. Although maybe it's because it's from some other mod and by default planets aren't filled with water.

Yeah, it's from Unknown Skies and I don't think it's part of my list of water planets. I'll correct that in the next patch. Thanks for letting me know about this!

White Hound Black Lotus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: September 21, 2022, 11:28:54 PM »

How do you build an astropolis station?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: September 22, 2022, 03:39:20 AM »

How do you build an astropolis station?

Add the ability to your ability bar. It's the one with the red "A" on it.

Darkside360

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: September 22, 2022, 06:47:23 PM »

Hi, does the Star Wars 2020 mod work with this?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: September 23, 2022, 05:16:04 AM »

Hi, does the Star Wars 2020 mod work with this?

Probably, but I haven't tested it. Let me know how it goes!

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: September 23, 2022, 12:14:54 PM »

There's a condition from Kadur Remnant mod which is "Virus Bombed" that can't be protected from via domed cities even though it probably should. Here's the condition for reference:
Spoiler
[close]

And the proof of what i'm talking about:
Spoiler
[close]

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: September 23, 2022, 11:40:49 PM »

so i terraformed a world into a water world, and can only build farming, not aquaculture, on it. did i do something wrong?

edit - i can build seafloor cities, and get the underwater mesazoic pic. so it certainly counts as a water world, mostly
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 11:51:14 PM by Stormy Fairweather »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: September 24, 2022, 11:38:37 AM »

so i terraformed a world into a water world, and can only build farming, not aquaculture, on it. did i do something wrong?

edit - i can build seafloor cities, and get the underwater mesazoic pic. so it certainly counts as a water world, mostly

Are you on the latest version of TASC? Can you post a screenshot of the colony management screen? If the planet is terraformed to a water world, Aquaculture should be buildable, not Farming.

There's a condition from Kadur Remnant mod which is "Virus Bombed" that can't be protected from via domed cities even though it probably should. Here's the condition for reference:
Spoiler
[close]

And the proof of what i'm talking about:
Spoiler
[close]

I read the tooltip for the Virus Bombed condition and concluded that Domed Cities wouldn't mitigate it. If even orbiting spacecraft need to undergo decontamination procedures, that's not something Domed Cities can help with.

Also, given the enormous penalties imposed by the condition, I think the intent of the mod author is for the player not to colonize that planet, and I don't want to provide a way around that.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: September 24, 2022, 11:50:00 AM »

I actually encountered the same bug RE: terraformed water worlds. What happened to me is that after some unknown amount of time after building Farming the industry changed itself into Aquaculture, complete with genelabs seeding it with lobsters. One quirk is that after turning into Aquaculture it gives me the option to build Farming again, though I never tested what would happen if I did.

EDIT: Had some trouble after attaching the wrong screenshot by accident. Fixed that, hopefully.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 11:52:18 AM by AcaMetis »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: September 25, 2022, 12:57:22 PM »

I actually encountered the same bug RE: terraformed water worlds. What happened to me is that after some unknown amount of time after building Farming the industry changed itself into Aquaculture, complete with genelabs seeding it with lobsters. One quirk is that after turning into Aquaculture it gives me the option to build Farming again, though I never tested what would happen if I did.

EDIT: Had some trouble after attaching the wrong screenshot by accident. Fixed that, hopefully.

Hmm, I thought I fixed that bug a while ago. Thanks for letting me know about this - I'll see if I can figure out what's causing it.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: September 27, 2022, 08:00:38 PM »

I read the tooltip for the Virus Bombed condition and concluded that Domed Cities wouldn't mitigate it. If even orbiting spacecraft need to undergo decontamination procedures, that's not something Domed Cities can help with.
There's no harm in mitigating some hazard rating as a token effect.  ;)

StarLord Zero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: September 28, 2022, 09:48:10 AM »

Is there possibly any way to make the current version of the mod compatible with a save that was running version 7.1.3? I really like this mod and the new changes look amazing, but I also really don't want to start a new save just for that. If not possible, what is the latest version that would be backwards compatible with 7.1.3?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: September 28, 2022, 03:29:15 PM »

Is there possibly any way to make the current version of the mod compatible with a save that was running version 7.1.3? I really like this mod and the new changes look amazing, but I also really don't want to start a new save just for that. If not possible, what is the latest version that would be backwards compatible with 7.1.3?

That won't be possible. I would recommend against upgrading from 7.1.3 on that save - just wait until you start a new save before getting the latest version of TASC.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 222