Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 221

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1093626 times)

Lemuria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.5)
« Reply #2041 on: August 11, 2022, 02:45:35 PM »

Why are we limited to 3 astropoli per planet, even if we increase the limit to above 3 in a configuration file?
Lemuria#0685 on the Unofficial Starsector Discord

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 11, 2022, 03:37:37 PM »

Why are we limited to 3 astropoli per planet, even if we increase the limit to above 3 in a configuration file?

I wrote the code to handle astropolis construction a long time ago and it only works for a maximum of three. I haven't rewritten it to support more because having a large number of colonies in close proximity causes performance issues.

Alex_Sans

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 12, 2022, 07:59:42 PM »

Hey boggled, I have something to ask, involving the Planet Killer Device: can you make it count as atrocity just like a normal saturation?

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 13, 2022, 07:10:31 AM »

The download link appears to be working for me. Maybe Github was having issues - try it again and let me know if it works.

i got it to work a bit later in the day. it seems github was having a fit.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 13, 2022, 08:35:12 AM »

Hey boggled, I have something to ask, involving the Planet Killer Device: can you make it count as atrocity just like a normal saturation?

How do you check how many atrocities the player has committed? I think my code should already be incrementing atrocities if the player uses the planet killer.

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: August 14, 2022, 03:46:48 PM »

Hello Boggled
Spoiler
I have a question, does the planet displacer structure from Ind.Evo take for example take Stellar Reflector Array and Astropolis stations from TASC with the planet or does none of these have a chance to come with the planet when it's displaced?
[close]

I've never tested that. Make a save before using it and let me know what happens!

Spoiler
the generator won't allow me to displace the planet when there's any orbital entities except maybe the orbital station
"The generator is unable to fire due to an entity in orbit disrupting the targeting sensors" pretty clever

also for those curious this also means no planet teleport when stellar shade from DIY planets is built
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: August 14, 2022, 04:25:10 PM »

Hello Boggled
Spoiler
I have a question, does the planet displacer structure from Ind.Evo take for example take Stellar Reflector Array and Astropolis stations from TASC with the planet or does none of these have a chance to come with the planet when it's displaced?
[close]

I've never tested that. Make a save before using it and let me know what happens!

Spoiler
the generator won't allow me to displace the planet when there's any orbital entities except maybe the orbital station
"The generator is unable to fire due to an entity in orbit disrupting the targeting sensors" pretty clever

also for those curious this also means no planet teleport when stellar shade from DIY planets is built
[close]

Interesting... it should be possible from a technical standpoint to move the orbital reflectors along with the planet, but that change will have to be made in IndEvo, not TASC.

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: August 15, 2022, 11:56:06 AM »

Hello Boggled
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

This is why I use TASC over DIY, you can't get rid of the mirrors/shades in DIY, at least with TASC you can lower the hazard before removing them for the teleport and then rebuild them.

Thoutzan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 16, 2022, 09:53:22 AM »

Thank you for the wonderful work! This along with Industrial Evoultion are my must-have mods for Starsector.

Question: is it possbile to change the lookings of my stations? I m doing a 'all-hightech' playthough and would love to make my station a hightech flavored one too.   Nvm, found earlier reposnse on the topic.

Tks!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 09:56:23 AM by Thoutzan »

Thoutzan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: August 18, 2022, 05:40:04 PM »

So I tried tweaking the \Custom_entities.json file - I replaced "sprite":"graphics/stations/station_lowtech1.png" with "/station_hightech1.png"

...and it worked! The station looks much more fitting to my hightech-only playthough now.

Now I have a question:
is there a way I can replace the stations' default interaction screen illustration?
I replaced "interactionImage":"graphics/illustrations/orbital_construction.jpg" with "orbital.jpg" but it didn't work... :(

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2051 on: August 19, 2022, 03:07:21 AM »

How do you check how many atrocities the player has committed? I think my code should already be incrementing atrocities if the player uses the planet killer.
Well for the thing we have planned, what would really be useful is a listener event when a PK is used (either the vanilla reportSaturationBombardmentFinished call, or a modded one). Does TASC call such an event?
If not, is there another way to know when a PK has been used? (e.g. if there's an intel event, I could have an everyframe check for that)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: August 19, 2022, 08:06:30 AM »

So I tried tweaking the \Custom_entities.json file - I replaced "sprite":"graphics/stations/station_lowtech1.png" with "/station_hightech1.png"

...and it worked! The station looks much more fitting to my hightech-only playthough now.

Now I have a question:
is there a way I can replace the stations' default interaction screen illustration?
I replaced "interactionImage":"graphics/illustrations/orbital_construction.jpg" with "orbital.jpg" but it didn't work... :(

TASC uses the vanilla orbital_construction.jpg. You have to replace that file in starsector-core, or add a new image file there and change the custom_entities.json file accordingly.

Well for the thing we have planned, what would really be useful is a listener event when a PK is used (either the vanilla reportSaturationBombardmentFinished call, or a modded one). Does TASC call such an event?
If not, is there another way to know when a PK has been used? (e.g. if there's an intel event, I could have an everyframe check for that)

I'm not currently calling that event, but I can add it in the next patch. For what you're working on, do you need to differentiate between PK usage and regular saturation bombardment, or is simply calling that event sufficient?

There's no way to tell if a PK has been used in the current version.

Fellout

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: August 19, 2022, 06:55:18 PM »

I'm not sure why but with the current version mining stations seem to not be picking up asteroid fields or belts, both saying there's none in system and saying I'm too far from one even when I'm sitting in a belt, tried it in two of dassault's systems, penelope's star, and an rng system with consistient results of no belts being detected.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 20, 2022, 03:20:25 AM »

I'm not currently calling that event, but I can add it in the next patch. For what you're working on, do you need to differentiate between PK usage and regular saturation bombardment, or is simply calling that event sufficient?

There's no way to tell if a PK has been used in the current version.
Oh I see. Thanks for adding it!

The thing I'm doing doesn't need to be able to tell the difference. Reusing the sat bomb report call would mean mods don't need to implement specific handling for TASC, so that's good I think.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 221