Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 222

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1095843 times)

Whisena

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.0)
« Reply #1785 on: May 16, 2022, 11:23:40 PM »

Hi just wanted to save love your mod. Been using it since I've started playing. One QoL thing I was hoping you could add is the ability to cancel terraforming? Sometimes I click add volatiles on a planet that I plan to use soil nanites on and there's no way to cancel it except to choose another terraforming option.

You can also "cancel" terraforming projects by causing one of the requirements to become false, which will keep the project stalled indefinitely.

That being said, I'll add an option to cancel the current terraforming project in the next patch. Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

Hi! Love your mod. I do think being able to just craft any item right from the start is a bit broken. What do you think of a system that requires the player to find the item first and sacrifice said item in an industry in order for your scientists to reverse engineer them, then the player will unlock the ability to craft the item? Just a suggestion, great mod regardless and thank you for your work!

I'm glad you like the mod!

I think it's not accurate to say the player can craft anything they want right from the start, since the requirements for crafting are a size 5 colony and Orbital Works with a pristine nanoforge installed. The player will not be able to start crafting until they've reached the late game and probably already have several special items.

I do think some additional requirements might be appropriate to make the system more interesting. I don't think "sacrificing" items to get a blueprint is a good idea, since the player will only need a single copy of many of the special items, and may be unable to find even a single copy of some items.

I'm considering adding a requirement that each item crafted costs two story points in addition to the other requirements. This will force the player to choose between crafting special items, improving their buildings, or doing other stuff like putting permanent mods in their fleet. What do you think about that?

My main problem is that I am playing Nexerelin and it usually takes me about a day or two starting from a new playthrough to get a size 5 colony unless I am playing in Starfarer mode. But once the player reaches the end game threshhold (for me that takes about two days and my average length of a playthrough is about a week until I became bored, dominate everything in-game, and have to start a new playthrough), resources just isn't a problem anymore and one can just craft as many special items as they want with the current requirement. I enjoy the game for its exploration aspect, finding rare ships and special items, so having the ability to craft any special item you want as long as you save up the resources takes away a huge part of the incentive to do the explorations, that is why I proposed the reverse engineer idea, so it makes me feel like I earned the right to craft the special items through exploration, and not just save up the resource with the option on the table right from the beginning. I am also using the "beyond the sector" mod and I believe many people might be as well, so the chances of coming across every special item is a matter of time even if one doesn't find certain items from the original spawning universe. But, I do think adding two-story points requirements are good ideas well, since it is one of the more valuable resources in the game. Thanks!

VivaLozTioz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 18, 2022, 01:15:28 PM »

Hey,
First of all: great mod, I've been using it forever! I know that this mod used to give you the option to build your own gates, iirc it was removed or disabled at one point. Is there any way to turn it back on? Keep up the great work :)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 18, 2022, 02:20:19 PM »

Hey,
First of all: great mod, I've been using it forever! I know that this mod used to give you the option to build your own gates, iirc it was removed or disabled at one point. Is there any way to turn it back on? Keep up the great work :)

You can still build your own gates! You have to complete the main quest first, or edit the settings file to disable the main storyline completion check.

VivaLozTioz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 18, 2022, 02:29:20 PM »

Hey,

You can still build your own gates! You have to complete the main quest first, or edit the settings file to disable the main storyline completion check.

Would you mind telling me how? i've enabled the 'skip story' function in nexerelin, maybe thats the issue? Because i don't see the old option tbh
Edit: Just saw the hint with the settings, it's now working, thanks :D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 02:31:06 PM by VivaLozTioz »

tinchek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 19, 2022, 09:14:42 AM »

Can NPC's use gates you build?

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 19, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »

No, wouldn't make sense with Starsectors current main story

tinchek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 21, 2022, 02:47:48 AM »

Yeah but this is a mod. It would be kinda cool if you are in an alliance with a faction(i think there's a mod that does this) and allow them the use of your gates.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 21, 2022, 06:40:33 AM »

Yeah but this is a mod. It would be kinda cool if you are in an alliance with a faction(i think there's a mod that does this) and allow them the use of your gates.

My mod doesn't add gates - it merely allows the player to construct vanilla gates. I think implementing NPC usage of gates is best left to vanilla (or a different mod).

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 21, 2022, 08:22:43 AM »

Love the mod, been using it for a while now and it just keeps getting better. Have you considered making the Stellar Reflector Arrays built on satellite bodies track the main star and face toward it like it does for regular bodies?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 21, 2022, 10:58:44 AM »

Love the mod, been using it for a while now and it just keeps getting better. Have you considered making the Stellar Reflector Arrays built on satellite bodies track the main star and face toward it like it does for regular bodies?

In vanilla, satellite bodies (ex. Eochu Bres) have the stellar reflectors orbiting at 120 degree intervals, rather than facing the star. I'm trying to mimic that placement for satellite bodies when I generate my own reflectors.

Noobishnoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 21, 2022, 11:55:25 AM »

Anyway to make it so that trying to craft from an Astropoli wouldnt just show nullpointerexceptions?

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 21, 2022, 01:57:40 PM »

In vanilla, satellite bodies (ex. Eochu Bres) have the stellar reflectors orbiting at 120 degree intervals, rather than facing the star. I'm trying to mimic that placement for satellite bodies when I generate my own reflectors.

Makes sense. I'll just modify it on my end then. Love the new item crafting, its nice to be able to make what you need rather than using a mod like Slightly Better Tech Mining, since that just creates absurd piles of colony items.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 22, 2022, 09:08:53 AM »

Makes sense. I'll just modify it on my end then. Love the new item crafting, its nice to be able to make what you need rather than using a mod like Slightly Better Tech Mining, since that just creates absurd piles of colony items.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

Anyway to make it so that trying to craft from an Astropoli wouldnt just show nullpointerexceptions?

Thanks for reporting this. I'm going to release a backwards compatible patch later today to fix it. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Juroguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.1)
« Reply #1798 on: May 22, 2022, 03:01:43 PM »

Does disabling the Terraforming also diasble the dome cities? they seem useful.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.1)
« Reply #1799 on: May 22, 2022, 03:38:12 PM »

Does disabling the Terraforming also diasble the dome cities? they seem useful.

Yes, disabling terraforming will disable Domed Cities.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 222