Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071370 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1350 on: June 10, 2021, 10:16:43 AM »

Where can I find a legacy version of this mod? I'm looking for the latest 0.91a version, I suspect 5.4.6

https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/tree/master/Old/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction

Here's the latest version for 0.91a.

Labanfis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 10, 2021, 01:38:32 PM »

Where can I find a legacy version of this mod? I'm looking for the latest 0.91a version, I suspect 5.4.6

https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/tree/master/Old/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction

Here's the latest version for 0.91a.
Thanks a bunch

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 11, 2021, 12:44:00 PM »

Can the AI Battlestation spawn AI drone fleets? if not, could you make it possible in theory?

It doesn't spawn drone fleets. I've considered this in the past but decided not to implement it due to balance and performance concerns.

This is such a modular mod, you could possibly done it and left it disabled by default toggled by the player if the player wanted this extended feature, I'd say give it a try.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 12, 2021, 06:28:12 AM »

Can the AI Battlestation spawn AI drone fleets? if not, could you make it possible in theory?

It doesn't spawn drone fleets. I've considered this in the past but decided not to implement it due to balance and performance concerns.

This is such a modular mod, you could possibly done it and left it disabled by default toggled by the player if the player wanted this extended feature, I'd say give it a try.

It depends on how much development time it would take to implement. It's not worth the effort if it would be a non-default feature that causes balance and performance problems if enabled. I'll look into it though - if it's simple to implement, I'll do it.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 12, 2021, 10:01:53 AM »

Spoiler

It depends on how much development time it would take to implement. It's not worth the effort if it would be a non-default feature that causes balance and performance problems if enabled. I'll look into it though - if it's simple to implement, I'll do it.
[close]

Do you remember Nijingen Extend? it has those criminal industries that spawn pirate fleets, and there's also roider union that also spawns roider fleets.

If you run into trouble, ask these Mod Authors and discord has people 24hrs..

the whole issue with creating AI controlled fleets is that they'll register themselves and run in the background, that bloats the game, this isn't something that will change too soon, however people with console commands and clear command mods can easily fix that, by erasing inconsequential AI fleets, that can make the game a lot more stable, performance wise.

These player faction AI controlled remnant/explorium fleets are so minor, sizes could be dictated by production/security/station upgrades with Alpha Cores.
you only get 1 or 3 at a time they wouldn't be enough to cause worse issues like visiting systems with several planets and fleets already cause.

As far as cost is concerned, such station would be a lot better than anything else, it spawns drone fleets, but it also requires that you have a AI Skill and half mil, for more balance you could perhaps restrict it to only spawn fleets if it has AI CORES, number of fleets depending on AI CORE.

Gamma Core  1 garanteed fleet  to a - 2 Maximum Fleets
Beta Core 2 garanteed fleets  to a - 3 Maximum Fleets
Alpha Core 3 garanteed fleets  to a - 4 or 5 Maximum Fleets and with more varied, especial remnant or explorium hull sizes.

Anyways, thanks! this mod has become such a Must-have for me, I appreciate all that you have done.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 12, 2021, 12:18:59 PM »

How does one construct a Hydroponics?

It has to be enabled in the settings file.

Ta1ha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 12, 2021, 05:12:07 PM »

Hey my kletka simulators are not producing any AI cores? it has been more than 10 months. Is there a requirement for it? It has Alpha core installed in it.

https://prnt.sc/1579yk4

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 13, 2021, 09:15:51 AM »

Hey my kletka simulators are not producing any AI cores? it has been more than 10 months. Is there a requirement for it? It has Alpha core installed in it.

https://prnt.sc/1579yk4

Are you checking the monthly reports to see what items you're receiving and where they're being delivered?

Girogi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 13, 2021, 02:21:30 PM »

Hihi, love the mod! Especially the station building, my system looks awesome now. By the way, have you see  The Expanse? (Either way, in the show, there's that one colony on Ganymede where they have domed greenhouses and produces food for the solar system and is basically a breadbasket of vegetables and stuffs, they also use giant mirrors to reflect sunlight better. I was thinking if Domed Greenhouses could be an industry and it produces food on planets that arent habitable, like barren planets, maybe not the same level as actual farming industry on a planet with moderate farmable land. But, then we can have stellar relays still give that plus to food production. Anyways, that was my suggestion. Great mod!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 13, 2021, 03:16:15 PM »

Hihi, love the mod! Especially the station building, my system looks awesome now. By the way, have you see  The Expanse? (Either way, in the show, there's that one colony on Ganymede where they have domed greenhouses and produces food for the solar system and is basically a breadbasket of vegetables and stuffs, they also use giant mirrors to reflect sunlight better. I was thinking if Domed Greenhouses could be an industry and it produces food on planets that arent habitable, like barren planets, maybe not the same level as actual farming industry on a planet with moderate farmable land. But, then we can have stellar relays still give that plus to food production. Anyways, that was my suggestion. Great mod!

Check the settings file - hydroponics already exists!

Ta1ha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 13, 2021, 09:22:54 PM »

Are you checking the monthly reports to see what items you're receiving and where they're being delivered?

Just checked, they were going to another storage, thanks

Forsell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 15, 2021, 06:37:05 AM »

Absolutely love the mod, but found that many Astropoli from the base game are considered too damaged to repair. I've looked in the mod's settings file, but found no way to change the status of said Astropoli to make them repairable/colonizable. Have I missed something, or is it well and truly impossible?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 15, 2021, 06:44:25 AM »

Absolutely love the mod, but found that many Astropoli from the base game are considered too damaged to repair. I've looked in the mod's settings file, but found no way to change the status of said Astropoli to make them repairable/colonizable. Have I missed something, or is it well and truly impossible?

Which station in particular did you want to colonize? I think colonization is blocked on a handful of stations because I lack a good sprite for them, not because of lore/gameplay reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 219