Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 222

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1095590 times)

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v6.0.0)
« Reply #1140 on: April 22, 2021, 03:19:45 AM »

Any one have a copy of the old (5.5.0) version? I kinda like the ability to terraform inhabitable planets in the old one...
Got 5.4.6. Be warned, I did not try this on 0.95 yet, though Astral Gate construction tempts me. It was very good work. Plus I miss Odysseus.link
Check the settings file, I might have altered stuff to achieve my concept of immersion like station accessibility bonus.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 22, 2021, 04:53:10 AM »

If I put a nanoforge in and get pollution, will the genelab remove it? I imagine it would, but if it removes it and I them demolish the genelab, will the pollution come back?

The genelab will remove pollution from a nanoforge, but only when the nanoforge is no longer installed. The pollution will be removed permanently, even if you demolish the genelab.

knowfear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 23, 2021, 05:41:55 AM »

Will we get spice farming back ? XD literaly stopped me going bankrupt on my first colony

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 23, 2021, 05:56:00 AM »

Will we get spice farming back ? XD literaly stopped me going bankrupt on my first colony

Nope. Mesozoic Park has replaced Spice Farming as they're basically the same functionally.

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 23, 2021, 12:25:40 PM »

Well.. I used to min max my colonies by building both a spice farm and dinosaur park, before turning it into terran or tundra, which required massive amount of time & money. The special thing  about those "industries" is that their output is independent of sector economy, no diminishing returns.

In any case, i'm still looking forward to the future of this mod. In previous version, it was a must have. Good luck and godspeed.

Yendorc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 24, 2021, 07:33:18 AM »

Just as a heads up that the LAMP does not play nicely with your solar mirrors

Jakub Inglot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 24, 2021, 10:17:00 AM »

Can you please provide link to legacy 9.1 version? Much appreciated:)

tiago_gomestrf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 24, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »

shouldn´t the closed domes counter extreme cold?If the dome says "Hermetically sealed domes dozens of kilometers across can enclose the bulk of a colony's population in a relatively Earth-like environment" then it means temperature is included.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 24, 2021, 12:17:30 PM »

Just as a heads up that the LAMP does not play nicely with your solar mirrors
Spoiler

[close]

Looking at the images you posted, it appears to be working as intended. What part of it is bugged?

Can you please provide link to legacy 9.1 version? Much appreciated:)

https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/tree/master/Old/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction

shouldn´t the closed domes counter extreme cold?If the dome says "Hermetically sealed domes dozens of kilometers across can enclose the bulk of a colony's population in a relatively Earth-like environment" then it means temperature is included.

Possibly, but from a gameplay/balance standpoint, the stellar reflectors or the fusion lamp are meant to suppress extreme temperatures, and I don't want the dome to replace them.

From a lore standpoint, the dome has a massive surface area and it might not be practical to heat or cool the entire volume if there are extreme temperatures outside.

tiago_gomestrf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 24, 2021, 02:10:35 PM »

Although i understand why you dont want to to make the lamp item useless, i still think the domes should counter extreme temperatures, this could be another option to the player to counter temperature, using lamp you have to supply volatiles and if you choose the domes you have to sacrifice ground defence so i think its balanced.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 02:23:06 PM by tiago_gomestrf »

tiago_gomestrf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 24, 2021, 02:20:57 PM »

Boggled is it possible to give us approximate update date for the planet type transformations. I really love using this mod, but without the planet type transformations the mod feels "stripped".
Thank you.

Thorgon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 24, 2021, 02:58:23 PM »

ive set "boggledMiningStationLinkToResourceBelts":true, and i found a system with 18 astroid belts but a mining station in system would only have abundant resources is that intentional?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 25, 2021, 05:31:58 AM »

Boggled is it possible to give us approximate update date for the planet type transformations. I really love using this mod, but without the planet type transformations the mod feels "stripped".
Thank you.

I'm almost done with the type transformation system. I'm hoping to release it today or early this week, but I have a full time job and a life so I can't dedicate as much time as I would like to making this mod. I think it's better to release something with minimal bugs and relatively high quality, even if it takes a few weeks to get it done.

ive set "boggledMiningStationLinkToResourceBelts":true, and i found a system with 18 astroid belts but a mining station in system would only have abundant resources is that intentional?

Yes, that's how it's coded right now. I was under the impression that 5 or so belts was the maximum for most systems, so I didn't bother adding higher resource amounts than abundant. I'll correct that for the next update.

tiago_gomestrf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 25, 2021, 07:02:37 AM »

Thank you boggled, makes me happy knowing that you will soon release type transformation system.
I understand that you have a life and full job time, i wasn´t trying to rush you i just wanted to "calm my heart".
Good luck with the coding and thank you again for supporting the mod till this day  ;D .

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 25, 2021, 07:43:26 AM »

Great update of the great mod. Though I got two questions to ask:
1. Shouldn't the stellar arrays built by player be identical to the ones they could find around planets during exploration? Permanent ones as market condition and not requiring structure slot permanently. Or the ones built by the player are crude imittations of domain era ones? Maybe description and sprites should represent that. Or the player should find an assembly kit during exploration for domain era ones.
2. Might it be possible to make Domed Cities an upgrade for Population instead of being a separate structure? It's kinda strange lore wise to see them disrupted as structure and all the people and industry magically resettling back into de-centralized settlements around hive domes. Also would make sense for them to not be buildable by default and require a blueprint to be obtained first. Because otherwise it becomes strange why a player could build them but not the major factons most of which got the hazardous markets that would benefit from such a technology in first place.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 222