Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1100803 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v6.0.0)
« Reply #1125 on: April 16, 2021, 02:12:21 PM »

Is there a way to remove your mod from an ongoing save if Domain Archeology on Agreus, cramped quarters and its universal application to every station is enabled but I did not build anything mod related yet?
I realized 0.95 brought many changes to colonies and I wouldn't like a partially functional mod interfering with that.

Nope, you won't be able to remove it under that circumstance. Sorry!

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 16, 2021, 02:27:48 PM »

Is there a way to remove your mod from an ongoing save if Domain Archeology on Agreus, cramped quarters and its universal application to every station is enabled but I did not build anything mod related yet?
I realized 0.95 brought many changes to colonies and I wouldn't like a partially functional mod interfering with that.

Thanks. Will the updates be backwards compatible with 6.0.0? I might use it later when terraforming features are fully implemented.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 16, 2021, 02:36:30 PM »

Thanks. Will the updates be backwards compatible with 6.0.0? I might use it later when terraforming features are fully implemented.

Some of the smaller updates probably will be, but the full terraforming implementation will not be backwards compatible.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 16, 2021, 04:01:30 PM »

Aw :(
Thanks anyway

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 17, 2021, 06:37:58 AM »

so will arcology worlds ever make a return ?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 17, 2021, 09:47:51 AM »

so will arcology worlds ever make a return ?

Probably not. The new special items that care about planet conditions don't gel properly with a planet type that has no conditions at all, and the unique buildings have largely been supplanted by new stuff I added in 6.0.0.

GrandLabyrinth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 18, 2021, 04:50:49 PM »

Say, would a Domed City's protection penalty be offset somewhat by a Planetary Shield? I know the Shield will now protect from Meteor Impacts, but I'd imagine that the shield would become a much more important asset of that planet's defense, perhaps at the cost of being marginally more expensive than usual to maintain or reinforce it. Unless of course there's other reasons why it wouldn't work, be it balance or lore-related stuff.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 19, 2021, 05:33:13 AM »

Say, would a Domed City's protection penalty be offset somewhat by a Planetary Shield? I know the Shield will now protect from Meteor Impacts, but I'd imagine that the shield would become a much more important asset of that planet's defense, perhaps at the cost of being marginally more expensive than usual to maintain or reinforce it. Unless of course there's other reasons why it wouldn't work, be it balance or lore-related stuff.

The Planetary Shield will still increase ground defenses on a colony with Domed Cities, but the Domed Cities penalty is so severe it won't make a huge difference.

From a lore standpoint, having the Planetary Shield remove the ground defense penalty from Domed Cities would appear to make sense, as the quest to unlock it seems to imply that it's an almost impenetrable barrier. From a gameplay standpoint, I think the ground defense penalty on Domed Cities is very important for balance reasons, and removing it with the shield would create an "optimal" planet configuration, rather than the current situation where the ground defense penalty is a serious tradeoff that will make the player think twice about spamming it on every colony they have.

Revanite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 19, 2021, 02:12:27 PM »

Suggestion: since it's already confirmed trough the description of siphoning stations, that they harvest gas giants through the use of magnestism.
why not make the plasma dynamo compatible with the syphoning stations mining industry, since dynamo theory irl also creates / manipulates magnetic fields?

edit: this could also probably apply for the autonomus mantle bore and mining stations that orbit planets that dont have the ''habitable'' trait.
as in the sense that the bore is still deployed planet side but you dont have to permantly settle the planet.

furthermore this could also probably apply to the catalytic and synchrotron core since stations are already exposed to space

one possible way to achieve that might be giving each space stations a type exclusive market condition,
for example: ''Mining station'' allows use of mantle bore  (and possibly katalytic and sychrotron core).

but as a balance against that you could give the space station market condition a -1 industry slot since its already said that they don't have much space to begin with.
this acts as an counter to the fact that one can remotly harvesting a planet for rescources without having to deal with all its market conditions.

i am aware that domes exist but this should be an alternative to just laying down domes everywhere and having like effectivly 0 ground defense.

on a final note sry for this mess of a suggestion if my thoughts might appear to wander from idea to idea and english is not my first language.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 02:49:50 PM by Revanite »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 19, 2021, 02:18:48 PM »

Suggestion: since its already confirmed confirmed trough the description of siphoning stations, that they harvest gas giants through the use of magnestism.
why not make the plasma dynamo compatible with the syphoning stations mining industry, since dynamo theory irl also creates / manipulates magnetic fields?

It is already compatible! Did it not work properly for you?

Revanite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 19, 2021, 02:53:01 PM »

sry maybe i didn't notice i just get excited when i get new ideas

ps edited the original suggestion and maybe you will find more ideas
pps u probably also want to mention this in your mod description
ppps ido play with your mod but havent reached the stage to colonise anything yet also since you didn't meantion in the mod description i assumed it wasnt a feature

anyway thx for listening to me

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:02:18 PM by Revanite »

Luck0318

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 20, 2021, 08:17:46 PM »

This mod seems very cool!!
Can i use it along with DIY planets?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 21, 2021, 04:47:42 AM »

This mod seems very cool!!
Can i use it along with DIY planets?

Yes, but you'll have to disable terraforming in this mod to avoid bugs.

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 21, 2021, 06:06:03 AM »

Any one have a copy of the old (5.5.0) version? I kinda like the ability to terraform inhabitable planets in the old one...
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 21, 2021, 08:56:08 PM »

If I put a nanoforge in and get pollution, will the genelab remove it? I imagine it would, but if it removes it and I them demolish the genelab, will the pollution come back?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 223