Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: XIV ships  (Read 5075 times)

InvictusImperator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
XIV ships
« on: October 28, 2019, 12:42:47 AM »

Where do you look if your trying to find an XIV hegemony ship for example the Legion? Black holes? If you find one, should you look at the surrounding systems? Thanks.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: XIV ships
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 01:54:41 AM »

Any unhabited system should be have chance to spawn XIV Legion and other ships. There are not many XIV ships outside Legion scattered in sector.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 02:19:12 AM »

Hegemony still uses XIVth battlegroup ships from their glory days, even if they are rare now. Legions (XIV) are entirely unique, though. 7-8 spawn in a single constellation and 3 are recoverable. Once you get them, that's it. No faction uses them and you can't find a blueprint for them.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 02:37:34 AM »

Legions also seem to always spawn in constellations that are remnant-themed.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 05:13:27 AM »

Legion XIV is a special ship that cannot be bought or built, and the Hegemony does not use it.  There are several Legion XIV spawned in the sector and you can recover few of them.

The other XIV ships (Enforcer, Falcon, Eagle, Dominator, and Onslaught) are used by Hegemony, and player can steal blueprints for them.

Trensicourt

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 06:05:15 AM »

Tbh, the XIV Legion is not worth taking because it is high on maintenance, fuel costs, and crew costs. It will bring significant firepower to your fights but often against other capitals, it falls shorts of expectation and collapses. Imo, the XIV Legion is a jack of all trades but cannot excel in anything. Keep it if it is  your only capital ship but if you have the money, it's probably just better to spend it on other capitals.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 07:12:23 AM »

There are not many free capital ship lying aroun Persean Sector. This one, if you find it, is basically free, minus crew and supplies.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 07:20:36 AM »

Double locust with EMR and 4 wasp wings make it worthwhile, imo. 40 DP to never worry about carrier/phase spam again.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 08:43:33 AM »

Cant find any XIV ship then playing with randomized start. Either im extremely unlucky 3rd game in a row or these ships wont spawn at randomized start option.

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »

Cant find any XIV ship then playing with randomized start. Either im extremely unlucky 3rd game in a row or these ships wont spawn at randomized start option.
Do you mean that you can't randomly start with the ship, or that they don't exist in the galaxy at large?

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 08:58:01 AM »

Is randomized start the nerexelin mod option?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »

Yes, random core systems is a feature of the Nexerelin mod.
Though I don't know if it affects the outer rim generation. I thought it doesn't. Perhaps I should ask Histidine about that.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 09:52:47 AM »

Sorry i was unclear - vanilla game with no mods, random start. I cant find a single XIV legion wreck or cryo sleeper ship and all systems explored fully. Either they are not guaranteed at all or something strange happens with sector generation on my PC.

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »

That's quite curious, in both Vanilla and modded the Legion(XIV) were always quite close to the cores (most of the time next to an isolated jump point, or a system with only a star, so a scan when arriving in those is always a good thing).

However Domain/drones are absolutely non-existent in my most recent modded games outside of the fringes of the map (must be something in relation with Grand Sector who's quite awkward).
As for the cryoships they are indeed quite uncommon if not really rare, but not a single one? Outside of a mod conflict that should not be the case...

Edit: Randomised start only affect your starting ship roaster and nothing else, it gives you a fleet a bit below the quick start ones, they do not affect the sector generation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 01:14:56 PM by Scorpixel »

JaronK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2019, 01:54:51 PM »

Wait, you can build XIV ships?  I only found them.  But these days bounties keep spawning with XIV Onslaughts as main attack ships... I'm hoping to capture one.

I've found two XIV Legions and two XIV Onslaughts, plus an XIV Falcon, all in my main battle fleet now.  I did find one cryosleeper but it was in a terrible system with no planets worth colonizing (I did colonize one because I felt guilty about letting those people die).
Pages: [1] 2