Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: [0.95a] Second Wave Options (0.6.5) - Options for Adjusting Campaign Difficulty  (Read 154562 times)

ProtonBomb

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sorry for all the trouble. Attached. I just renamed the filetype to .txt because .ini upload is not supported. You can rename the filetype back to .ini for testing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Seve82

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This mod is listed as 091 comp in the mod index thread perhaps leading to many not knowing its up to date (well at least I was before coming to look the thread to see when it would be up to date).
HallelujaaGobble!

Pepo

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello.

I have crashed on new start and after I have disabled the Second Wave the game loaded just fine :

142140 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteSegment.isInSystem(RouteManager.java:141)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteData.getInterpolatedHyperLocation(RouteManager.java:379)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.shouldSpawn(RouteManager.java:651)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.spawnAndDespawn(RouteManager.java:617)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.advance(RouteManager.java:577)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreScript.advance(CoreScript.java:128)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.o0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

81374 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running with the following mods (in order of priority):
81374 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     A New Level of Confidence [id: pantera_ANewLevel40] [version 40 1.1] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\A New Level of Confidence - 40)
81374 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Better Colonies [id: timid_admins] [version 1.63] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Better Colonies)
81374 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Grand.Colonies [id: GrandColonies] [version 1.0.b] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Grand.Colonies1.0.c)
81374 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     High Tech Expansion [id: hte] [version 1.4.3] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\HTE)
81375 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Industrial.Evolution [id: IndEvo] [version 2.2.b] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Industrial.Evolution2.2.b)
81375 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     LazyLib [id: lw_lazylib] [version 2.6] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib)
81375 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     MagicLib [id: MagicLib] [version 0.34] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MagicLib)
81375 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Modern Carriers [id: su_CarrierHullmod] [version 1.0a] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Modern Carrier)
81375 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Nexerelin [id: nexerelin] [version 0.10.1] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin)
81375 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Second Wave Options [id: RC_Second_Wave_Options] [version 0.6.3] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Second Wave Options 0.6.3)
81375 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  -     Terraforming and Station Construction [id: Terraforming and Station Construction] [version 7.1.0] (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Terraforming and Station Construction)

Thanks a lot :)

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Second Wave Options v0.6.4

Changelog:
-Fixed a crash that occurred when running Nex Random Sector, Industrial Evolution and enabling Secure Markets.
-Disabled some WIP stuff that I was working on and forgot about before porting to 0.95a. whoops!

Please stop using this mod, it produces only pain and suffering.

This mod is listed as 091 comp in the mod index thread perhaps leading to many not knowing its up to date (well at least I was before coming to look the thread to see when it would be up to date).
yeah... right now I dislike like 90% of this mod and want to rewrite it, so I don't really feel like advertising it at the moment. At least you get a nice surprise or something. :B

Tale

• Ensign
    • View Profile

can you somehow add options for reduce count of enemy admirals ? for idk ? 8, like you can have and reduce their max level to ordinary max level ?

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

can you somehow add options for reduce count of enemy admirals ? for idk ? 8, like you can have and reduce their max level to ordinary max level ?
Not 100% sure what you mean here, but there are a lot of options you can tweak in starsector-core/data/config/settings.json to your liking:

Code
	"officerMaxLevel":5,
"officerMaxEliteSkills":1,
"officerAIMax":10,
"maxAIFleetCommanderLevel":7,
"commanderLevelForTwoSkills":6,
"commanderLevelForOneSkill":4,
"baseFPPerAICore":20, # remnant fleets
"baseCombatShipsPerOfficer":3, # halved when officer doctrine setting is maxed; not used for AI core using fleets
"baseCombatShipsForMaxOfficerLevel":16, # halved when officer doctrine setting is maxed; not used for AI core using fleets
"officerAIMaxMercsMult":1, # maximum "over-the-limit" merc-type officers that can be added to an AI fleet, times doctrine officer setting
"baseNumOfficers":8; # in a fleet w/o officer management skills

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Second Wave Options v0.6.5

Changelog:
-Fixed Doctrine Evolution blacklist not working and hence resetting player doctrines. oops.

Please stop using this mod, it produces only pain and suffering.

Rzabat

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is there a way to choose which factors in Doctrine Evolution are buffed? For example, I want to let the AI have uncapped fleet sizes, but I don't want their officers or fleet quality to be buffed as well.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Is there a way to choose which factors in Doctrine Evolution are buffed? For example, I want to let the AI have uncapped fleet sizes, but I don't want their officers or fleet quality to be buffed as well.
Hi; not at the moment, no, but I'll keep that in mind whenever I get to eventually updating this thing.

Kiddin Me

• Ensign
    • View Profile

@RustyCabbage

I enjoy this mod a lot, and I regularly play with it! However, it ironically makes some parts of the early game easier, because the added structure adds demand to Pirate and Luddic Path locations which they can't meet: primarily supplies and fuel, but also heavy weapons. This means it's very easy to continuously create free money by meeting this need on the black market (which, given that they'll usually hate you anyway and don't have traditional patrols, won't matter even a little bit).

Adding some means to either reduce supply demands or add production to these factions would help resolve this idiosyncrasy.

Sindria also seems to suffer from this, with it producing 8 fuel but requiring 9 to meet the High Command's needs.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

yikes, I've actually never thought about this - thank you for the heads up! I don't expect to update any time soon, but I'll certainly keep this in mind for when I eventually do. Glad that you otherwise enjoy the mod!

Kiddin Me

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Disregard my prior statement. It appears that this is a base game issue: after removing all of my mods, Chalcedon and Epiphany already have a Heavy Batteries and a Patrol HQ.

My mistake!

Grettmer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi everyone
I noticed that after installing this mod, phaeton and dram tankers disappeared from sale on the markets, salvaging and another fleets
Maybe I missed something?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 12:55:57 AM by Grettmer »

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hi. I double checked with Console Commands (findship dram/phaeton) and they still seem to show up fine in a new game. Nothing within the mod should make them disappear either.

DVeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Does Doctrine Evolution affect player faction (the faction that is created when you settle your colonies)?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10