Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Repeated Industries  (Read 1190 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Repeated Industries
« on: October 26, 2019, 07:58:19 AM »

Ever thought "Man, I wish I could dedicate this planet to X!"?
Well now you can!

Repeated Industries lets you use multiple industry slots on a single industry, multiplying the costs and effects.
Valid Industries:
  • Farming
  • Fuel Production
  • Heavy Industry
  • Military
  • Mining
  • Refining
Please note that, as of writing this, it for some reason doesn't work on Farming and Mining. Source code has been included for anyone who'd like to try and help work out why.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Industries
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 05:26:02 AM »

Ba-bump, still haven't figured out why it doesn't work for Farming and Mining, but it seems like the first one "takes up" the resources somehow.

Anyone know more?

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Repeated Industries
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 07:17:07 AM »

Your src consists of class and not .java files, not that decompiling .class files nowadays is a problem but still.
Sry i can't give you deeper insight into the problem but it most likely has to do something with how the output value of resource based industries are calculated - (Colony Size(-3 i think) + Resource Quantity [(Resource Quantitiy usually is smthing like 2 (+-1 |+2))]. As you hopefully can see, multiple industries on a single planet isn't a good idea in the current iteration of Starsectors colonial economy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:26:52 AM by Innominandum »
"The early worm catcheth the bird."