Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290329 times)

LordKhorne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #465 on: September 01, 2022, 06:56:05 AM »

i'm running on the latest version of stasr sector: 0.95.1A-RC6 how do I get this mod to work?

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 01, 2022, 10:50:45 AM »

i'm running on the latest version of stasr sector: 0.95.1A-RC6 how do I get this mod to work?
Look on pages 30, 31. Unfortunately I can't help more than that....I can send you a pm to link you to a place where you can download unofficial patches?

Suzu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 01, 2022, 11:10:50 AM »

Look on pages 30, 31. Unfortunately I can't help more than that....I can send you a pm to link you to a place where you can download unofficial patches?
Said place has patches for Aria and Azalea too? I'd be interested in it.

TypicalPilot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 02, 2022, 12:20:16 AM »

I'd like to have those as well, been too long since I've played SS and I wanted to try the mods out on new version.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 04:07:38 AM by TypicalPilot »

Reinweiss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 02, 2022, 05:32:32 AM »

Anyone has link for Azalea and Aria??? cant find it in here

Luftwaffles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 03, 2022, 10:35:51 AM »

I received a request to clarify my stance on unofficial or bootleg updates of my mods so here it is:
- I fully allow anyone to make any changes or updates to all of my mods.
- I also allow anyone to post these (download links and the like) anywhere they like, including the official threads of the respective mods.
What's the status of the preview ships featured in the last couple videos? I don't know too much about Starsector modding but maybe someone could slap them into the current working build somewhere?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 03, 2022, 04:43:05 PM »

What's the status of the preview ships featured in the last couple videos? I don't know too much about Starsector modding but maybe someone could slap them into the current working build somewhere?
Most of them are either completely new or full overhauls of existing ships (sprites and all) that I have not released yet, so unless someone tries to reverse-engineer what they saw in the videos into a full ship, it wouldn't be possible.

Luftwaffles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 06, 2022, 07:27:40 AM »

Most of them are either completely new or full overhauls of existing ships (sprites and all) that I have not released yet, so unless someone tries to reverse-engineer what they saw in the videos into a full ship, it wouldn't be possible.
Oh, I meant that if you decided to release the assets and code, someone else might be able to finish them up. Or at least get them working.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 06, 2022, 01:38:00 PM »

Oh, I meant that if you decided to release the assets and code, someone else might be able to finish them up. Or at least get them working.
Sorry, I'm not up for the responsibility of debugging the mod and addressing player feedback at the moment, and pushing it off onto someone else would be unfair.

goldenvixen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 06, 2022, 09:55:42 PM »

Can anyone link me with a bootleg of Azalea and Aria? Please and thank you! <3

Watchin_Life_Go_By

• Ensign
  • Your Ships are Mine
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 08, 2022, 08:13:59 AM »

Sorry to bother, can I get a link too?

Hyperion505

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 15, 2022, 10:14:47 PM »

I'd like to have those as well, been too long since I've played SS and I wanted to try the mods out on new version.

Mind pming me a link to there too please?

Asmodium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 16, 2022, 06:31:30 PM »

I like this Mod have for a while but seams like every time I come back the darn thing is outdated I hope someone can eventually fix it

bruhmungus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 27, 2022, 02:00:51 PM »

could I grab a link too?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 31, 2022, 03:41:15 PM »

Sort of an update regarding YRXP 3.0, I've been playmodding again recently (playing normally then stopping whenever I see something I don't like and fixing it) and I think i've gotten quite a few aspects of the mod to somewhere I'm satisfied with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz4R15or4Ww
Private stream archive - capturing the hypershunt close to my colonies

The largest and most visible updates are the handful of new ships you'll see in the video. The big one is a battleship-size vessel with a Ballistic Shield, similar to the Snowstorm and Honeycomb - of course the armor bonuses are scaled up for its size too. It is about halfway complete - I'd just finished with its shipsystem, Ramming Speed (shared with one other ship), and what I am to add next is a built-in melee weapon that only activates at the same time as Ramming Speed, and causes a boarding action whenever a ram is successfully pulled off. That it's offset to the side might be an issue, but oh well. Visible only in the deployment screen (bit expensive and wasn't what I needed at the moment) is destroyer-sized, cruiser analogue with a huge detacheable armor/combat module, which, if destroyed, basically reverts the ship to one of the existing missile destroyers. Lastly, and which featured prominently later on in the video, is the new version of the Snowstorm mod. KRM. It has new weapons in the form of swivelling arm-mounts (pretty cute, I think) and rather than the three Shooting Stars, I instead gave it a built-in alternative to the Sparkler medium mount, but which launches the kinetic Sticker-HV missiles. It also features the new iteration of the "Homing Laser" weapon - super agile and accurate, but has a shorter overall range, and, best of all, doesn't mess with enemy PD's anymore! I think I am quite satisfied with how it looks now, but maybe I can up either the firepower or fire rate a bit.

I've also given a large overhaul to the missile system, thanks to the new mod functions Alex released in the latest RC. This will be the new system with regards to YRXP missiles: Most will have limited ammo - Sparklers, Orb rockets, even the MLRS ones. They still have sizeable ammo stores by default (doubleale via EMR) so they're not completely useless. Only PD missiles will have infinite ammo/reloading ammo by default. When a YRXP missile is mounted on a YRXP ship and (only if you have Commissioned Crews) also have Yuri crews, then all missiles will have periodic reloads (similar to YRXP v1.0, iirc) EXCEPT for the Last Smile. Many thanks to Alex for making this a reality!

Speaking of missiles, I've put in a lot of elbow grease into balancing the spectacle of having lots of missiles flying across your screen, as well as reducing the strain on the CPU. I've optimized most of the missile AIs, increased the burst fire rate of most missiles again, but overall reduced their flight-time to a few seconds. I've also reduced the fire rate of some pretty intensive missiles like the Aurora Crown (mostly due to its flarespam - which I have also reduced). In addition, due to the overarching effect of the pilot skill, Missile Specialization, I've had to mostly reduce the fire/reload rate of most missiles (primarily Aurora Crown and Ticklish) to compensate. It's not just the doubled ammo store, but that +50% fire rate made certain missiles (again Aurora Crown and Ticklish) incredibly strong. I have a feeling that skill is going to get some more vanilla tweaks later on, so the balancing continues....

Lastly, with regards to guns. I've decided that mountable YRXP (ballistic) guns will mostly be the "gatling gun" variety. That is, all of them will be short-ranged, rapid-fire and low-alpha damage (think Assault Chaingun). This will extend to all forms of guns - HE, Kinetic, Frag and PD. That means a few things - most cannon-type weapons are out (probably a couple of exceptions), and in return, I added, and will add, some more gatling-type weapons. Obviously, this is for the use of the new set of extremely well (frontally) armored ships with Ballistic Shields. I think this contrast in ship-types could make for interesting gameplay and fleet compositions.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 03:44:57 PM by creature »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39