Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290326 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #405 on: July 22, 2021, 03:24:09 AM »

Hello again! I'm back with another teaser for the latest addition to YRXP 3.0!

This one took quite a while to make! Easily, it's one of, if not the most complicated ship builds I've made so far. I hope you don't mind, but I feel like talking a bit about it below, so if you don't want to be spoiled, go ahead and watch the short video above first!

Spoiler
SDF Macross was always one of the primary inspirations for YRXP, and I'm quite happy that I've finally got the coding chops to give it justice! Even then, I did compromise on a few things, like folding animations for the wings, in favor of just getting something that will work!

But there were some things I *really* didn't want to compromise on, and that was the authentic Macross SFX, and the search for those sounds, in a crisp condition, took weeks! In the end, I was able to make a good enough composite of the gunpod and missile launch sound, but I really still want that authentic Valkyrie transformation sound! It's unlikely, but if anyone out there can point me to a clean sound file of that, I would be very grateful!

There are still some minor kinks that need to be worked out, like a problem with the launch offsets for the gunpod when it moves from left to right and vice versa, but I hope you can look forward to flying these Frigate-class ships in the future!
[close]

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 22, 2021, 01:32:38 PM »

Oh, that is beautiful! I love fighting as or against your factions! It's always a spectacle! And I'll be able to upgrade to 9.5 soonish then!

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2021, 02:22:20 PM »

Oh man, at last! This mod (together with its utility weapons companion mod) and Vayra's Sector are all that's missing from my "Mandatory Mods List"

really looking forward to some beautiful missile spam

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 23, 2021, 03:01:43 PM »

Looking really cool, one comment is that the dreamland torpedoes look virtually identical to the Tearstorm missiles, (in terms of engine flare/trail) which is not really a great thing in gameplay terms to have something so powerful look more or less the same as something much weaker. (although this could just be placeholder trail effects in which case all is good)

2: With YRXP not having any shields (and likely no phase ships either) it brings a (slight) issue with the 0.95 skill tree, that being how you have to pick the shield/phase skill to get to the missile skill (which is blatantly going to be a high value skill on YRXP ships). Have you thought about any way to make combat 4 (shield/phase) not a wasted skill point if piloting YRXP ships?
Also this "issue" i had is now redundant, with the upcoming changes to skills, which is nice.

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 16, 2021, 04:00:41 PM »

I miss your mod so much, I could cry myself to sleep and still not get any rest, until they finally lock me up in a padded cell and lull me to sleep with whatever medication they can find on the black market, strong enough to sedate me and finally put the bleeding heart inside of me to rest.

Half-jokes aside, I am really looking forward to your update bro, keep up the good work and get some good rest inbetween!  8)

Skyforgejason

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2021, 12:44:29 AM »

Are this mod ready for 095?

Juan-Dela_Cruz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2021, 06:14:46 AM »

Are this mod ready for 095?

Not yet. But it is being worked on.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2021, 03:07:31 PM »

Looking really cool, one comment is that the dreamland torpedoes look virtually identical to the Tearstorm missiles, (in terms of engine flare/trail) which is not really a great thing in gameplay terms to have something so powerful look more or less the same as something much weaker. (although this could just be placeholder trail effects in which case all is good)

2: With YRXP not having any shields (and likely no phase ships either) it brings a (slight) issue with the 0.95 skill tree, that being how you have to pick the shield/phase skill to get to the missile skill (which is blatantly going to be a high value skill on YRXP ships). Have you thought about any way to make combat 4 (shield/phase) not a wasted skill point if piloting YRXP ships?
Also this "issue" i had is now redundant, with the upcoming changes to skills, which is nice.

there is a mod that changes the skill trees as well
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Fearofworlds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2021, 05:08:13 PM »

I check on this page every day to see if this mod's updated. Love it and I hope it gets updated soon, it's just not the same game without it.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2021, 05:09:47 PM »

All three of the Author's mods are a must have. They are just that unique. I still haven't moved from 9.1 because of them....

LunaticMethod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 18, 2021, 06:27:27 PM »

All three of the Author's mods are a must have. They are just that unique. I still haven't moved from 9.1 because of them....

Just do what I do and keep a separate install (s-mods are too cool not to play around with imo). I agree though, it really isn't the same without them.
have a day

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2021, 09:40:54 PM »

I downloaded 9.5 when it came out, played through the story, still skeptical about some changes, and returned to 9.1......I have all the 9.1 mods saved in a separate folder, so it was no problem.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 19, 2021, 01:53:51 AM »

only major turn off for me is the Graphlib dependency ...

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2021, 05:19:38 AM »

The Seraph Wing doesn't look right, feels a bit off
sprites are supposed to look Top-down, the Seraph doesn't seem to follow that rule
^^

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 19, 2021, 10:07:21 PM »

Is Yuri Expedition going to get some kind of option to help them attack stations? Their current lineup is very poorly suited for it.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39