Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290282 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2021, 09:00:46 PM »

Looking forward to having this mod again.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 17, 2021, 09:36:40 PM »

9.5 is just not the same without your mods....so i'm still playing 9.1 because of that....

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 21, 2021, 03:12:14 AM »

Hey everyone! Sorry to disappoint, but I'm currently taking another break from modding right now, so there isn't a set date for the next update...  :'(

But for sure, it will come in this order when I do come back: YRXP->YREX and other side content->ARIA->RYAZ. See you then~!

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 21, 2021, 10:18:23 AM »

Sad, but understandable......Take care of yourself out there.

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 21, 2021, 10:22:27 AM »

Best to take your time, deal with important stuff, come back when you can! Good luck with everything, crea.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hello again!

I've resumed work on YRXP and below is a teaser of what's new for 3.0! They're (mostly) new ships, replacing a bunch of the old ones. Actually, some of these I did finish before I took the break, but posting a teaser and announcing a hiatus at the same time would be a bit daft!

Right off the bat, you can see I've decided to completely remove all shields from all yrxp ships - making it a distinct attribute for the faction. In lieu of that, some ships get replaceable drones that hover in front of them, a bit like analog shields I guess. A bunch of weapons have been reworked, most significantly the missile AI (credit has to go to Tartiflette as I used his guidance code as the basis!). Most of the ballistic artillery line is also removed - just the mortars, really. Since I've decided that ARIA should be the faction specializing in long range HE artillery. In return, YRXP gets a new line of short-range, high-dps HE Autobolter/Chainbolter guns. I've also decided that YRXP will get to keep some of the mech infantry, though I've not decided which ones to keep and which to retire.

Still, there is a lot of work to be done. I've yet to do any capital ships, and there's still the hvb line. Speaking of which, if you're wondering where the itasha went, I decided only HVB ships should get itasha decals from now on, to make them more special. Standard YRXP ships get standard paint and decals.

Oh, and one last thing - as an answer to one of the comments I have received, none of what I am "removing" from YRXP will actually be deleted. I am instead moving them to a "cut" BP that won't be used in the campaign, aside from a special market which will contain only cut content. So if you really want to use the old guard ships or weapons, most of them will still be available to you (some have received updates, and their old stats are gone).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 03:08:41 PM by creature »

Aeios

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yooo, this is one of the best news lately. Made my day. Game is really not the same without anime girls and missiles.

Thedudemans

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Heck yeah! Anime girls, Pink ships, fireworks, And single digit frame rates. Cant wait mans ;D

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile

Looking really nice, good to hear the update is coming soon™

My only comments would be:
1: the yellow smiley on the Sapphrites armour plate looks a little out of place to me.
2: With YRXP not having any shields (and likely no phase ships either) it brings a (slight) issue with the 0.95 skill tree, that being how you have to pick the shield/phase skill to get to the missile skill (which is blatantly going to be a high value skill on YRXP ships). Have you thought about any way to make combat 4 (shield/phase) not a wasted skill point if piloting YRXP ships?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Heck yeah! Anime girls, Pink ships, fireworks, And single digit frame rates. Cant wait mans ;D
With any luck, single-digit frames shouldn't be too much of an issue moving forward! The missile AI is slightly more optimized and and each weapon's burst potential is still reduced in comparison to pre-2.0. But most significantly, the changes to ship layout will definitely put a cap on how many missiles you can have on screen at the same time. In short, you can look forward to 12 fps rather than 8!

1: the yellow smiley on the Sapphrites armour plate looks a little out of place to me.
I dunno, I like it. But I could add an alt-skin in the folder without it that players can swap in if they like!

2: With YRXP not having any shields (and likely no phase ships either) it brings a (slight) issue with the 0.95 skill tree, that being how you have to pick the shield/phase skill to get to the missile skill (which is blatantly going to be a high value skill on YRXP ships). Have you thought about any way to make combat 4 (shield/phase) not a wasted skill point if piloting YRXP ships?
Nope! I can't be helped! I've seen how crazy the missile specialization bonus is for YRXP though... I wonder if it'll be nerfed in the near future? Otherwise, I'll have to balance around it....

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hopefully the mod that modifies captain skills in 9.5, will function without trouble with this mod.....or I suppose I'll have to add some more skill points....your mods are kinda a must have to be honest! xD

DroZzhat

• Ensign
    • View Profile

[/quote]

You can fix the wasted point issue with a single mod (letting you take skills in any order, and eliminating the either-or skill lockouts). You can even grab the missile skill at level one, if you want, and never pick up the phase or the shield one.

Bruogo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 28, 2021, 01:47:55 PM »

Hey there! Let us know if you have any more updates in the development. I love your work, can't wait to see what you're cooking.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 28, 2021, 04:20:25 PM »

It also sounds like .96 or w/e is going to implement something along the lines of Quality Captains anyway, so it hopefully won't be a huge issue long term.

EmotionalSkyscrapers

• Ensign
  • Just one last little trick. Were you not amused?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 05, 2021, 09:18:39 PM »

Thanks for making the mod. It was fun and the missiles are beautiful. I enjoyed it.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39