Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290266 times)

stormelemental13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #375 on: March 05, 2021, 03:14:26 PM »

Any idea when the YRXP revamp will happen? I'm trying to decide whether to start a game with the new and improved Azalea 2.0.0 now or wait so I can enjoy it and Yuri at the same time.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 05, 2021, 03:49:28 PM »

Any idea when the YRXP revamp will happen? I'm trying to decide whether to start a game with the new and improved Azalea 2.0.0 now or wait so I can enjoy it and Yuri at the same time.
Ah, it won't be anytime soon! I've just started, actually.

stormelemental13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 05, 2021, 04:39:33 PM »

Thank you.

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 09, 2021, 11:09:38 AM »

love the little shielded frigate, and the cheeky decal on the shield itself

phonon5891

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 24, 2021, 01:16:13 AM »

Help! I'm a few years into my current campaign with YRXP (and bunch of other mods), specifically in cycle 212 now. Caparice and the yuri faction are still intact, and everything seemed fine until a few months of in-game time ago, when I would get a lot of micro-stutters every couple in-game days. I'm talking a 1/2 second stutter every second on the campaign layer (but not in combat!), which gets annoying fast. Alt-tabbed out of the game and opened up the logfile, and the whole thing is swamped with YRXP notifications like the following:

Code
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check weapon name: Rosethorn SAM
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check manifacturers for Rosethorn SAM::Alto Research Labs vs Illusion Works
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check manifacturers for Rosethorn SAM::Alto Research Labs vs Alpina Weapons Factory
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check manifacturers for Rosethorn SAM::Alto Research Labs vs Yuri Sapper Corps
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check manifacturers for Rosethorn SAM::Alto Research Labs vs Alto Research Labs
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - found approved manufacturer
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check weapon name: Rosethorn SAM
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check manifacturers for Rosethorn SAM::Alto Research Labs vs Illusion Works
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check manifacturers for Rosethorn SAM::Alto Research Labs vs Alpina Weapons Factory
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check manifacturers for Rosethorn SAM::Alto Research Labs vs Yuri Sapper Corps
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Check manifacturers for Rosethorn SAM::Alto Research Labs vs Alto Research Labs
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - found approved manufacturer
2696793 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_engineering  - Found NO substandard weapon,  applying bonus

At this point I suspected the stuttering to be caused by an alto research lab hullmod checking every single YRXP weapon to apply a bonus from a weapon-affecting hullmod (Advanced Ballistics Computer?). I have a large mining fleet of ~60 ships, and 7 of those are combat ships equipped with Adv Ballistics Comp. But when I used console to store those 7 ships away, the stutters didn't go away, at least not completely (and the log is still swamped with YRXP notifications like the above). None of my remaining active ships are equipped with YRXP combat hullmods, and I currently am not using any YRXP weapons on them either. So I am now at a loss as to how to fix this short of starting a new game without YRXP. Any suggestions?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 24, 2021, 01:24:03 AM »

Help! I'm a few years into my current campaign with YRXP (and bunch of other mods), specifically in cycle 212 now. Caparice and the yuri faction are still intact, and everything seemed fine until a few months of in-game time ago, when I would get a lot of micro-stutters every couple in-game days. I'm talking a 1/2 second stutter every second on the campaign layer (but not in combat!), which gets annoying fast. Alt-tabbed out of the game and opened up the logfile, and the whole thing is swamped with YRXP notifications like the following:
Hi! Sorry, this error is caused by the Yuri Void Warfare Doctrine hullmod all yuri ships have. I've fixed it on my side, but I can't actually release the fix for you anyway because the mod is already incompatible with older saves even in its WIP state... If you wish to be rid of this problem, I'm afraid you will have to remove all YRXP ships in your fleet. I'm not sure if it also causes a slowdown on the overworld, but if it does, it'll come from YRXP fleets... my apologies for the inconvenience.

phonon5891

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 24, 2021, 02:10:51 AM »

Hi! Sorry, this error is caused by the Yuri Void Warfare Doctrine hullmod all yuri ships have. I've fixed it on my side, but I can't actually release the fix for you anyway because the mod is already incompatible with older saves even in its WIP state... If you wish to be rid of this problem, I'm afraid you will have to remove all YRXP ships in your fleet. I'm not sure if it also causes a slowdown on the overworld, but if it does, it'll come from YRXP fleets... my apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the quick reply! It does cause overworld slowdown, at least in my case (I checked over a 2-month ingame period, whenever the stutters happen, the log is flooded with those YRXP messages, and when the stutters stop, the most recent messages are just normal (N)exerelin stuff). Oh well, it was a good run.

I had the idea of having caparice and its fleets get into an "accident" (*cough* saturation bomb *cough*) ASAP on my next run (as pirates/legio, so it "fits" lore-wise) to prevent the issue, would that work?

Otherwise it looks like disabling YRXP in my next run is the safest way to prevent this issue from happening again. Bye-bye Adv Ballistics and pretty fireworks :'(

Bug aside, love your mods! Looking forward to the fixed YRXP mod, and will have to try Royal Azalea soon!

HereticKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2021, 11:40:40 AM »

The unique aesthetic and playstyle of this faction really speaks to me. I know you've mentioned previously that YRXP is sort of on the backburner and that's completely understandable with all the effort you've put into it and your other mods. I never knew about the hullmod slowdown, I guess my games haven't gone on long enough for it to affect it to a noticeable degree. I'm still running the old starsector version with YRXP 2.1.2 while I wait for issues with the new starsector update to be smoothed out.

Just wanted to chime in that I am also looking forward to the fixed/updated version. Thanks for all your hard work.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2021, 02:22:29 PM »

The unique aesthetic and playstyle of this faction really speaks to me. I know you've mentioned previously that YRXP is sort of on the backburner and that's completely understandable with all the effort you've put into it and your other mods. I never knew about the hullmod slowdown, I guess my games haven't gone on long enough for it to affect it to a noticeable degree. I'm still running the old starsector version with YRXP 2.1.2 while I wait for issues with the new starsector update to be smoothed out.

Just wanted to chime in that I am also looking forward to the fixed/updated version. Thanks for all your hard work.
Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! But I'd also like to say that YRXP is not on the backburner anymore! In fact, it'll be the first of my mods that will be compatible with the new version!

...that said, this coming update is much, much more comprehensive than any I've released before. You could probably even call it a remake at this point! But also owing to that, it'll be a good while before it's ready, so I hope you can patiently look forward to it!  ;D

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 01, 2021, 09:33:04 AM »

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! But I'd also like to say that YRXP is not on the backburner anymore! In fact, it'll be the first of my mods that will be compatible with the new version!

...that said, this coming update is much, much more comprehensive than any I've released before. You could probably even call it a remake at this point! But also owing to that, it'll be a good while before it's ready, so I hope you can patiently look forward to it!  ;D

As long as the update comes up around the same time as Nexerelin and Vayra's Sector, I'll be happy. I'm delaying my new run of the 0.95 version because those two mods (especially Nexerelin) are so central to my enjoyment of the game.

Lord Heart Night

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 02, 2021, 01:42:51 AM »

soooo, any chance of a 9.5a update?

FinetalPies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 02, 2021, 05:11:22 AM »

soooo, any chance of a 9.5a update?

Came to ask the same thing, but I see you're working on an update as of like, 2 days ago. I am patient just wanted to let you know I'm looking forward to it

Lord Heart Night

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2021, 02:40:47 AM »

Ah, it won't be anytime soon! I've just started, actually.

You sir are amazing, keep up the good work

It_that_watches

• Ensign
  • Effigy of Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2021, 04:58:36 AM »

I can't wait to have access to the beautiful fireworks launchers again!
(Sorry if that sounds reductionist to your labors!)

NamelessBot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 13, 2021, 11:36:23 AM »

Now that proper narrative storylines are a thing in the game might we expect to see a storyline for the faction like you've planned?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39