Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290208 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #360 on: October 30, 2020, 10:52:47 PM »

yrxp_engineering.java is spamming the log file at line 78, the weapon checks....
Ah, thank you for this report! Sorry, I missed some logs from when I was making the function that doubles missile ammo when only using Yuri missiles (that turned out to be bugged anyway, haha).

I only have low tech ships :(. It is impossible to beat them. They spam those long range missiles non stop from all sides so if you don't have full shield cover you're screwed :/
Yeah, it's quite difficult to win against YRXP without using energy weapons. You could probably bully them by spamming lots of big ships, if they don't have Shine Rays. Though perhaps you could also try a fast torpedo-armed corvette flown by the player to swoop in deep and hit the fragile carriers? It's probably suicide even if you succeed though.

Edit: There is an issue when Caparice ships retreat the leave their drones scattered all over the map, the battle can't end until all drones are destroyed. Is it possible to make the drone auto destruct when their parent ship leaves the map?
I'm aware of this issue, just that I haven't figured out a good way to fix it. The fighters often cluster at the edges of the map too, sometimes beyond it... I'll try out your suggestion though, thanks!

Found an issue where if you enter a certain, uninhabited system with the hullmod interstellar mall the game crashes. Easily managed to bypass this by removing the given hullmod, just letting you know incase you'd prefer to have it fixed.
Hmm, for some reason I recall already having fixed this, but I'll give it a look too!

on one hand its anime

on the other hand my god those fighters i managed to take out a station marked at 5 hazard to my fleet with two moon rabbits.
this has convinced me to do a yuri based fleet now
Haha, glad you liked it! Just a heads-up though, I'm planning to phase out the Yuri Mech Infantry line and their carriers from the main YRXP list. My current plan is to add the moon rabbit and dropship as special, player-only ships available at a Caparice Trade Co. start, much like the Scorched Lily supership start. There will also be no way to acquire new Mech Infantry LPCs apart from the start pick. This is because I want the mech-based gameplay to be centered around Aria.

Since i have fallen into the Hololive Hole, this mod has become one of my favorites as of late.

I wish someone made a Hololive Portraits Pack, or the portraits of Hololive are added to this mod, it would make a lot of sense.
Glad you enjoy the mod! I'm not planning on adding any more portraits to this mod, however you could always replace them with your preferred portraits! All the images are openly available for edit in the folder structure.

I'm fairly certain that's not it. Whenever I do a playthrough I tend to focus on the content form one faction mod, so I wasn't using any non-Yuri weapons at all, and I'm fairly certain it doesn't care about ship-mods, right?
I think the bug in the code was that it didn't only check the missile mounts. Meaning if the ship had built-ins, it would probably fail either way. I *hope* I fixed that now, but I have yet to properly test it.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the mod. I'm stil not entirely certain if its ridiculously OP or just differently balanced. There was a period in my playthrough where my fairly light fleet would cut through enemy fleets like a hot knife through butter, but that might just have been an artifact of the long-range and missile focus allowing for very effective focus-fire in the same way carrier-spam works, and by now I've found challenges that will do something similar to me, cutting through my fleet in fairly little time, with my  fleet only knocking out a couple of light frigates.
Yeah, I molded YRXP (and all the rest) precisely so that they played completely differently from vanilla (or most mods) factions. That inevitably means that there are scenarios that the base AI simply was not built to handle. For example, I've always had the problem in YRXP where my ships simply will not launch *any* missiles against enemy frigates. It's probably a failsafe by the engine, so you don't fire reapers at hounds, but YRXP simply doesn't work that way. Sparklers are built precisely *for* hounds. But I can't change the behavior since it seems to be hardcoded in. Well, you win some, you lose some. Apart from those fringe cases, most of the mod does behave the way I intend it to.

Been really liking the mod, one thing that feels kinda off, is the sprite for the Last Smile ICBM (pretty much my favorite weapon i've got my hands on) and checking the files i can see that it's basically just the aurora missile but scaled up to twice the size.
The only other thing i'd like to see in the mod is some sort of medium and/or large kinetic missile pod, I do get that you might have not added such a weapon for balance reasons, but it could be a nice addition.
Glad you like the mod! Apologies for the spritework! Minor edits is pretty much the depth and breadth of my artistic capacity!

With regards to larger kinetic missiles, it's intentional that YRXP doesn't have anything larger than the small mount, both for balance and lore purposes. Their kinetic arsenal is focused on their guns.

Anyway, I just got back to the modding saddle but right now I'm focusing on the next big update for Aria. YRXP will get its fixes too time, but only after my planned update and first official release for RYAZ! Please look forward to those!

SonixApache

• Ensign
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 05, 2020, 12:29:15 PM »

I made an account just to say this is my favorite mod for this game. Absolutely perfect.

ForumGuy205

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 09, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »

In the next update can there be a comm satelite thing a bit farther away from the stations? since its impossible rn to install a comm sniffer for missions and stuff

great mod, but dear god, so many missiles ;

Also is it possible to actually terraform using the last smile, or is that just flavour text?
itd be wicked if it was possible
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 12:29:00 PM by ForumGuy205 »

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 24, 2020, 11:05:29 PM »

Regarding the bug about the Yuri Void Warfare Doctrine not giving the 100% bonus to missile ammunition when combined with the Commissioned Crews hull mod, I can confirm that the bug happens even when the ship doesn't have any built-in modules. Tested on the Scorched Lily super destroyer, the Mythril Cloak cruiser, and a Cream-class freighter. In all cases, the ships were stripped bare save for a single Yuri-made missile weapon.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 09:33:19 AM by jlrperkins »

Suzu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 26, 2020, 07:50:53 PM »

Best mod ever.

I have a problem, though: using Nexerelin, I started affiliated with Caparice Trading Co. and decided to start with a supership (the Scarlet Sky superfighter), and I was promised some cool wisp drones that can be launched from the cargo holds, but in game the ship doesn't have any.
Maybe it's a balance issue and the drones were taken off, when I tried to edit the yrxp_fighter_frigate.ship, I noticed it has the "yrxp_drone_aux" declared in the builtInWings function, but it has no launch bay declared in the weaponSlots. I tried to edit it by adding a launch bay using the same weaponSlot template found in yrxp_scout_frigate_b, which is the AE-522 which starts with the exact same drone wing, but I still can't seem a launch bay and the drone wings in the Scarlet Sky, even by starting a new game (the drone in the AE-522 is fine, though, I bought one as soon as the game started to check).
Is there anything else I should do to enable the launch bay? The AE-522 has no hullmods related to fighter bays, so I thought that just adding the object would work.

Edit: OK, so exactly 2 minutes after posting this, I decided to check the rest of the ship_data.csv file, and noticed it has a field for fighter bays. After editing this field, I found the drones.
TBH, I don't care if it will make the ship overpowered. It's not like I can field a full fleet of these things, since it's too unwieldy to use it and it requires a ton of fuel and cargo support for supplies, so I want to use my cool drone wings.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:10:26 PM by Suzu »

stormelemental13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 02, 2021, 10:55:35 PM »

It's a minor thing, but I like the custom 'huzzah' sound effects when visiting a Caprice market.

Darik29

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2021, 06:58:17 PM »

Hello! Longtime fan, first time poster here. I have massively enjoyed this mod, and have become addicted to the music that plays whenever i stop by Heisel Trading Post to pick up hit singles and fancy clothing to sell to luddic path subversives.

However, i appear to have hit a bug! Heres the error log, please let me know if this is something i've done or if something broke

6842774 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [yrxp_fleet_carrier] variant [yrxp_fleet_carrier_sf]: slot id [WS0027] not found for weapon [yrxp_targeting_laser]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [yrxp_fleet_carrier] variant [yrxp_fleet_carrier_sf]: slot id [WS0027] not found for weapon [yrxp_targeting_laser]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.oooo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Darik29

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2021, 09:13:25 PM »

issue has been resolved by Not That Alex on Discord! turns out there was a reference string where there wasn't supposed to be, deleting it fixes the issue!

I can't really explain further, but he did put up a download for the fix on the tech support thread.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

AlexAtheos

• Ensign
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2021, 12:38:58 PM »

yes hello it is me Not That Alex

the thing about targeting lasers in WS0027 in variant yrxp_fleet_carrier_sf is a known bug and i guess creature hasn't gotten around to fixing it

in the mean time just delete these from YRXP/data/variants/yrxp_fleet_carrier_sf and everything SHOULD be fine

Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Unnamed_Shadow
I wish someone made a Hololive Portraits Pack, or the portraits of Hololive are added to this mod, it would make a lot of sense.

i have something for you
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:49:37 PM by AlexAtheos »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 28, 2021, 02:52:58 AM »

I made an account just to say this is my favorite mod for this game. Absolutely perfect.
Thank you very much! I'm glad you like the mod!

In the next update can there be a comm satelite thing a bit farther away from the stations? since its impossible rn to install a comm sniffer for missions and stuff
Sure! I'll note it down for the next update.

Also is it possible to actually terraform using the last smile, or is that just flavour text?
itd be wicked if it was possible
Hm... maybe? I'll probably have to take a look at both Interstellar Imperium's titan wmd and the code of some of the terraforming mods out there.

Regarding the bug about the Yuri Void Warfare Doctrine not giving the 100% bonus to missile ammunition when combined with the Commissioned Crews hull mod, I can confirm that the bug happens even when the ship doesn't have any built-in modules. Tested on the Scorched Lily super destroyer, the Mythril Cloak cruiser, and a Cream-class freighter. In all cases, the ships were stripped bare save for a single Yuri-made missile weapon.
Oh! Thank you for the thorough test data, perhaps empty slots are being counted? Interesting, in any case!

Best mod ever.

I have a problem, though: using Nexerelin...
Thank you very much!

Ah, that is intentional! You see, there is a hullmod for YRXP that gives those launch bays to most of those without any, thus activating the drones in the built-in wings.

Hello! Longtime fan, first time poster here. I have massively enjoyed this mod, and have become addicted to the music that plays whenever i stop by Heisel Trading Post to pick up hit singles and fancy clothing to sell to luddic path subversives.
Thank you very much for saying so! Very gutsy of you to be flogging idol cds to a bunch of religious fanatics!

yes hello it is me Not That Alex

the thing about targeting lasers...
Ah, thank you very much for the fix! I haven't done much with YRXP yet, and I'm currently focusing on the next update to RYAZ so I really appreciate it. To express my gratitude, please allow me to credit you for this fix, at least!

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 11, 2021, 02:06:03 AM »

Would it be possible to get the patch right before 2.2.0? I saw 2.1.2 on page 17 but it gives a repository permissions error.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 11, 2021, 03:33:00 AM »

Would it be possible to get the patch right before 2.2.0? I saw 2.1.2 on page 17 but it gives a repository permissions error.
Hi, here is the download link for 2.1.2: YRXP_2.1.2.zip

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2021, 03:45:31 AM »

Thanks!

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 14, 2021, 03:18:04 AM »

IW-701-S Seraph Wings (and seemingly all "HELMUT" inspired designs) seem to be a bit odd, from a graphical standpoint, especially with their weapon mounts being ... stretched out, but apart from that, I'm a big fan as you know.

Do you think the bug that seems to be related to the Aether Shawl or whatever it was is going to be fixed next update, or was that never proven to be true for anyone else but that user?

EDIT: There seems to be one or possibly more variants of ships that have slot id's for weapons assigned to them that don't exist.

---------------------------
Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8
Fatal: Ship hull [yrxp_fleet_carrier] variant [yrxp_fleet_carrier_sf]: slot id [WS0027] not found for weapon [yrxp_targeting_laser]
Check starsector.log for more info.
OK   
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:59:47 PM by Hiroyan495 »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 05, 2021, 05:41:01 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YooSM7lg07g
Sapphrite-class Shielded Frigate

I was just supposed to just play around with the missiles again after I added an Interstellar Promenade start fleet on Nex, but after a while I got bored and decided, "I wanna make a new frigate". So I did.

For the next leg of YRXP, I'm planning a rather significant revamp of the faction. I wanna really home in on the faction's unique focus and so I'm looking at replacing a bunch of ships that I think are... uh... maybe kinda ugly, but more imporatantly, don't really mesh very well with the theme. And so I'm going to add new ships to replace them. The prettier ones, I'm just going to change some things around, not too major.

Still, I didn't expect to have a new ship done so soon. But I wanted to augment the small-ship list of YRXP first and foremost, since I want that to be their focus. Most of the ships from now on will really not have shields at all - even imported ones. I want that to be a common trait, no more half-assing the theme from now on! ...hopefully. We'll see. I've also learned a bit more about modding while doing ARIA and RYAZ so I'm eager to apply those to YRXP!  ;D

IW-701-S Seraph Wings (and seemingly all "HELMUT" inspired designs) seem to be a bit odd, from a graphical standpoint, especially with their weapon mounts being ... stretched out, but apart from that, I'm a big fan as you know.

Do you think the bug that seems to be related to the Aether Shawl or whatever it was is going to be fixed next update, or was that never proven to be true for anyone else but that user?

EDIT: There seems to be one or possibly more variants of ships that have slot id's for weapons assigned to them that don't exist.
Yeah, the _____ Wing-class ships are part of those I'm doing a rethink for. I don't have anything concrete in mind, but I do want to change something about them for the next update.

Uhh... regarding that bug... maybe? Haha... I'll try to look into it again since I'm finally back to this mod after a long time. I had some trouble just remembering what code does what when I was making the Sapphrite...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39