Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290195 times)

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2020, 09:29:36 AM »

Another silly question: Can we expect a Yuri Expedition Onslaught?  8)

Edit: With a "giant anime girl on the side"?

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 17, 2020, 11:24:03 AM »

Thanks! I'll put that to the test sometime, but that's very helpful info!  ;D

onychannel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 18, 2020, 06:41:13 PM »

The Shine ray does not benefit from the Yuri Void Warfare Doctrine additional missile effect, I think it's because the Halo Drone Frigates it can launch count as Common rather than Yuri.

Additionally, the Yuri Void Warfare Doctrine for me states:
"... As such, this ship can store Makeshift Shield Generator more missile ammo ..."

As far as I can tell, there is no indicator that Yuri ships cannot mount Shield Bypass from SWP.

Also, what IS the Targeting Laser for?

Edit: Also to clarify I am not using the Commissioned Crew mod.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 19, 2020, 03:16:47 PM »

The Shine ray does not benefit from the Yuri Void Warfare Doctrine additional missile effect, I think it's because the Halo Drone Frigates it can launch count as Common rather than Yuri.
Oh, you're probably right, thanks for pointing that out!

As far as I can tell, there is no indicator that Yuri ships cannot mount Shield Bypass from SWP.
Iirc, Shield Bypass won't work if the ship doesn't have a shield to begin with? I'm not so sure, it's been a long time.

Also, what IS the Targeting Laser for?
It's for the mod's carriers that are fitted only with missiles. It gives the AI the correct distance from which they should engage.

onychannel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2020, 09:03:13 AM »

>Iirc, Shield Bypass won't work if the ship doesn't have a shield to begin with? I'm not so sure, it's been a long time.

Shine ray has a shield through a hullmod [imported shield generator], i assume that the shield being a hullmod is the reason this doesn't work

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 22, 2020, 03:07:18 PM »

Shield bypass, from my experience, doesn't seem to be designed to work when you add a makeshift shield generator or any shield upgrades, which makes sense. This probably applies to the imported shields too.

onychannel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 24, 2020, 04:30:37 PM »

Shield bypass, from my experience, doesn't seem to be designed to work when you add a makeshift shield generator or any shield upgrades, which makes sense. This probably applies to the imported shields too.

I had a feeling it would work this way but I wanted to ask regardless, cheers.

necro_alex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2020, 04:05:13 AM »

Hello, and thanks for a great mod :D

I came to report a bug related with this mod. It was a fatal error / crash.
In error logs I got this:
Spoiler
487423 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [yrxp_fleet_carrier] variant [yrxp_fleet_carrier_sf]: slot id [WS0027] not found for weapon [yrxp_targeting_laser]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [yrxp_fleet_carrier] variant [yrxp_fleet_carrier_sf]: slot id [WS0027] not found for weapon [yrxp_targeting_laser]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.oooo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

It happened when a fleet came too close to mine, I think it was about to "reveal itself", before we even touch in order for the menu to open.
It's the first time I come across this bug. I play with some other mods too.
I am using the latest version of S.S. (0.9.1a-RC8), and haven't tested on any other versions.
If you need any more details, ask me (better to email).

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2020, 02:23:31 AM »

From what I understand when you nerfed a bunch of yuri ships by changing what can go in what slots, you didn't update the saved fittings, so occasionally we get this crash when a yuri ship is built or when a yuri fleet is spawned with a ship with invalid loadout because it's trying to stick weapons and stuff in slots that don't take them. I think the only way I can solve this is by doing a copy-pasting of ship config files from a previous version?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 30, 2020, 10:18:04 PM »

I came to report a bug related with this mod. It was a fatal error / crash...

From what I understand when you nerfed a bunch of yuri ships by changing what can go in what slots...

Ah, thank you for the bug report! I will make sure to take a look at the variants if and when I come back to it!

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 05, 2020, 08:02:16 PM »

Hello, I'd like to inquire: Is the mod safe to add mid-game? I'm okay with the faction itself being absent, I just want the ships around. Some faction mods I've downloaded have proven to be safe for adding mid-game, I just don't know about this one.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 06, 2020, 03:35:34 AM »

Hello, I'd like to inquire: Is the mod safe to add mid-game? I'm okay with the faction itself being absent, I just want the ships around. Some faction mods I've downloaded have proven to be safe for adding mid-game, I just don't know about this one.
I'm not actually sure if it will cause crashes if you install it mid-game, but since you're after the ships, it won't be possible to obtain them anyway since their home system is only generated at the start of a game, and that's the only place you can obtain the ships...

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 06, 2020, 04:50:57 PM »

I'm not actually sure if it will cause crashes if you install it mid-game, but since you're after the ships, it won't be possible to obtain them anyway since their home system is only generated at the start of a game, and that's the only place you can obtain the ships...

Oh okay. I was hoping the blueprints for the ships would have a drop chance when exploring ruins/derelicts or the like. I guess I'll really have to start a new game then. Thank you very much for the reply  :).

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 06, 2020, 08:33:55 PM »

Oh okay. I was hoping the blueprints for the ships would have a drop chance when exploring ruins/derelicts or the like. I guess I'll really have to start a new game then. Thank you very much for the reply  :).
I'm not quite sure how the game handles blueprints added mid-game, but I guess there's a chance? I've never personally tested it, however.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39