Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290420 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2020, 01:54:42 AM »

I know they're for balance changes.
But removed\deleted content makes me sad.  :-[
Unfortunately, this is the direction the mod will be taking from here on out! I believe I said it somewhere in patch 2.0.0 or 2.1.0 - YRXP will only be getting slimmer from that point on, and as you can see, that is exactly my intention!

All previous versions of YRXP are still available if you wish to use them, however! In terms of sheer size of available content... maybe the peak is 2.1.0? I believe that's the last version that still had the eggshell drone launchers, but I don't quite remember. These new changes are mostly geared towards placing all three of my faction mods (somewhat) on par with each other, after all. If you don't care about that, or don't even use them in the first place, You're welcome to continue playing whichever version of YRXP you think is best!

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2020, 05:12:32 AM »

Hi there, I am honestly enjoying your faction mod. I really liked their unique faction industries and ships(and also the qt animu girls). I noticed that they build a separate massive orbital fortress at the later part of the game. Is it intentional that their colony growth are deliberately hampered?

I'm also loving the 'Yuri Quarters' industry you get when your relation with them are cooperative, it's cool to have it in your colony. Looking forward for more faction perks like this. Fun mod so far.  ;)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 18, 2020, 05:27:45 AM »

Hi there, I am honestly enjoying your faction mod. I really liked their unique faction industries and ships(and also the qt animu girls). I noticed that they build a separate massive orbital fortress at the later part of the game. Is it intentional that their colony growth are deliberately hampered?

I'm also loving the 'Yuri Quarters' industry you get when your relation with them are cooperative, it's cool to have it in your colony. Looking forward for more faction perks like this. Fun mod so far.  ;)
I'm glad you enjoy the mod!

And yes, the growth malus is intentional. The rationale is twofold: first is the fact that in-game, 'growth' is described to come mostly from immigration (from where isn't explained, though). Lore-wise, it is impossible for carbon-based life to live in Caparice, ruling out all immigration. Second, a bit deeper in the lore that isn't really mentioned anywhere in the mod, since there has never been an opportunity for it, is that their natural population growth is slower than humans.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 19, 2020, 09:12:33 PM »

personally I kind of think the PD missile systems (Cherry Pod APS, Rosethorn SAM, Steel Grape SAM) should at least get their re-loadable ammo back

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 22, 2020, 05:12:48 AM »

Hello, just a suggestion but perhaps it might be better to consolidate the tech/manufacturer tags into one eg. Yuri Expedition/Caparice Trade Co.?

While I think it's cool that you've thought out the lore of your factions enough to form separate sub-divisions within them, having so many seperate tags makes it a bit cluttered in the hullmod/Doctrine & Custom Production filter lists. Especially if we're running all of your 3 faction mods given they each have multiple manufacturer tags for their stuff.

Admittedly I am running quite a few faction mods in addition to your 3 shared lore factions, but my hullmod category list is so massive that I have to scroll down to access the category filter as the faction filter fills up that whole segment.

Perhaps you could move the subdivisions into their long description blurbs instead? eg. Originally designed by Alto Research Labs/Produced by Alpina Weapons Factory etc.

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 23, 2020, 04:05:17 PM »

Ran into a bug with the ship mall, if you go to a system that doesn't have any colonies in it the game will crash as soon as you try to move your fleet and spit out this error:

128413 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
   at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_ShipMall.advanceInCampaign(yrxp_ShipMall.java:175)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 24, 2020, 03:07:42 PM »

Sorry for the slow reply! Just started playing Nobunaga's Ambition and it's way too fun so I'm hopelessly hooked! :P Unfortunately that means updates and fixes will probably be delayed for while...

personally I kind of think the PD missile systems (Cherry Pod APS, Rosethorn SAM, Steel Grape SAM) should at least get their re-loadable ammo back
You think so too? I was rolling that around my head for a bit, but I kind of balanced them against Diable's Magic Box pd missile, at 5 OP and limited ammo as well... But peronally I lean more to them having unlimited ammo too. We'll see.

Hello, just a suggestion but perhaps it might be better to consolidate the tech/manufacturer tags into one eg. Yuri Expedition/Caparice Trade Co.?
Hmm, yeah, I can see what you mean. It felt like a fun idea when I was just doing YRXP, but now that I have 3 mods going, I suppose it's a whole lot of clutter. I'll write this down for the next update!

Ran into a bug with the ship mall, if you go to a system that doesn't have any colonies in it the game will crash as soon as you try to move your fleet and spit out this error:
Thanks for the bug report! I'll take note of this for a future patch. For now, I'm pretty sure you can freely remove the Ship Mall mod, so as a temporary workaround, consider removing it before going out on exploration and bounty missions and just slap it back on when you're reentering civilization. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 25, 2020, 11:08:47 PM »

Sorry for the slow reply! Just started playing Nobunaga's Ambition and it's way too fun so I'm hopelessly hooked! :P Unfortunately that means updates and fixes will probably be delayed for while...

You think so too? I was rolling that around my head for a bit, but I kind of balanced them against Diable's Magic Box pd missile, at 5 OP and limited ammo as well... But peronally I lean more to them having unlimited ammo too. We'll see.

Hmm, yeah, I can see what you mean. It felt like a fun idea when I was just doing YRXP, but now that I have 3 mods going, I suppose it's a whole lot of clutter. I'll write this down for the next update!

Thanks for the bug report! I'll take note of this for a future patch. For now, I'm pretty sure you can freely remove the Ship Mall mod, so as a temporary workaround, consider removing it before going out on exploration and bounty missions and just slap it back on when you're reentering civilization. Sorry for the inconvenience!

DA's magicbox PD missile stats

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2020, 03:30:41 AM »

Niku niku kani niku ebi tamago~!
Meat~ Meat~ Crab~ Meat~ Shrimp~ Egg~!

This faction, this mod, is by far my favorite addition to all of my mods. The absurd lore, otaku merch and even that market music...
Am I going to discover a dark secret or is this faction simply... anime girls from another dimension?  8)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2020, 02:37:35 PM »

Am I going to discover a dark secret or is this faction simply... anime girls from another dimension?  8)
That's pretty much spot on!  :)

Dynamod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2020, 01:13:07 PM »

I'm really enjoying this mod! but I've got a quick question; is there anyway to make the yuri market music louder? it's so quiet, I wanna hear that cute chant every time I come to shop but if I change my music settings, the rest of the game just booms out my ears.

also, is there a way to give them a nanoforge? all the ships they sell have D-mods.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2020, 02:23:10 PM »

I'm really enjoying this mod! but I've got a quick question; is there anyway to make the yuri market music louder?
Yes, there is a sounds.json inside config, and you can find the BGM entry there with a corresponding volume field. You can change that to whatever value you please!

also, is there a way to give them a nanoforge? all the ships they sell have D-mods.
Yes, selling a nanoforge in a planet's open market will install that nanoforge into that planet's heavy industry if it doesn't already have one.

Dynamod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2020, 03:00:14 PM »

Yes, there is a sounds.json inside config, and you can find the BGM entry there with a corresponding volume field. You can change that to whatever value you please!
ah hell yeah, perfect :D
Yes, selling a nanoforge in a planet's open market will install that nanoforge into that planet's heavy industry if it doesn't already have one.
I'm sure this is something in vanilla I was just never aware of. thanks for the tip in any case though.

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2020, 12:09:38 AM »

Does selling a pristine nanoforge when they have a corrupted one do the same?  :o

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2020, 04:25:26 AM »

Does selling a pristine nanoforge when they have a corrupted one do the same?  :o
I'm not sure, but my guess is no. Likely have to be an empty heavy industry.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39