Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 293416 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Made an addendum to the patch notes. There was an entire section I forgot to add. Nothing new to download, this is already part of the update, just something I forgot to write down.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

hello i was wanting to change how many deployment points the expansion ships from aria cost (the big one is 80 or so)
i want to do this for balancing purposes for use with the archean order tc (considering the lore of aria i think it fits quite nicesly with the archean mod)
the reason why is because the changes to ships in archean ends up making the expansion ships exceptionally weak (in the other mod, all ships have much more weapon slots, and dont really increase the deployment cost. capital ships and cruiser in particular have such a large expansion in weaponry, that they are relatively on par with the expansion ships {if not substantially more powerful in some cases])
anyways the idea of having moving space stations is neat and i enjoy using them, but it makes it almost pointless with such a high deployment cost
i opened the .ship file with word and could make out several parameters that were alterable but didnt see anything concerning deployment costs
this will be my first attempt at modifying something so please excuse my inexperience
i also use yuri with archean they both work fine and fit well (considering all of the missiles in archean order have autoforges)

also, out of curiosity, why isnt there an aria page on this forum anymore?

thanks in advance!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

hello i was wanting to change how many deployment points the expansion ships from aria cost (the big one is 80 or so)
i want to do this for balancing purposes for use with the archean order tc (considering the lore of aria i think it fits quite nicesly with the archean mod)
the reason why is because the changes to ships in archean ends up making the expansion ships exceptionally weak (in the other mod, all ships have much more weapon slots, and dont really increase the deployment cost. capital ships and cruiser in particular have such a large expansion in weaponry, that they are relatively on par with the expansion ships {if not substantially more powerful in some cases])
anyways the idea of having moving space stations is neat and i enjoy using them, but it makes it almost pointless with such a high deployment cost
i opened the .ship file with word and could make out several parameters that were alterable but didnt see anything concerning deployment costs
this will be my first attempt at modifying something so please excuse my inexperience
i also use yuri with archean they both work fine and fit well (considering all of the missiles in archean order have autoforges)

thanks in advance!
Hi, strangely enough deployment cost is set under the column "supplies/rec", which is right beside "supplies/mo". Either way, you can just take a look at the column for the Guderian and find the "80" there and I reckon that will get you to where you want to be.

It seems that the naming and theme choice, and I quote, "is going to make people wonder whether it's a neo-nazi mod or not", and so Alex thought it prudent to not host the mod in the forum. So I host it on the nexus myself!

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

thanks in advance!
Hi, strangely enough deployment cost is set under the column "supplies/rec", which is right beside "supplies/mo". Either way, you can just take a look at the column for the Guderian and find the "80" there and I reckon that will get you to where you want to be.

It seems that the naming and theme choice, and I quote, "is going to make people wonder whether it's a neo-nazi mod or not", and so Alex thought it prudent to not host the mod in the forum. So I host it on the nexus myself!

thanks! and thats sad. people dont get mad at the neocommunists when stalin and mao murdered millions. gulags are just ussr "concentration camps." mao killed way more than either as well in his "republic"
also there was a mod back in the day called "thule" which was really interesting and had the same linguistic style only the ships were all flying saucers
whatever thanks for hosting it the mod is fun and a super neat idea!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 08:16:28 AM by th3boodlebot »

Smargoos

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Whenever I try to unmount any weapon from a yuri frame the game crashes. Stripping the ship and adding weapons does work. I tried disabling all other mods (except libs of course) but it still crashed. Also according to mod manager the mod is 2.1.2 Version checker also fails to update check for the mod.

Attached the log if its of any use to you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Whenever I try to unmount any weapon from a yuri frame the game crashes. Stripping the ship and adding weapons does work. I tried disabling all other mods (except libs of course) but it still crashed. Also according to mod manager the mod is 2.1.2 Version checker also fails to update check for the mod.

Attached the log if its of any use to you.
Thank you for the report! I'll check it out right away.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

I normally would never do this sort of thing, but I'm making an exception here. I just want to make a public statement that I would like to keep the Archean Order mod away from any references to neo-nazi-ism in any form. I'm not saying the author intended that connection, but the official ruling from Alex puts that mod in that category for me.

Of course, any user has the freedom to choose the mods they want and this is no exception. But I am very much against that ideology and want that to be known.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Of course, any user has the freedom to choose the mods they want and this is no exception. But I am very much against that ideology and want that to be known.
But why does having the two mods mean the ideologies are somehow harmonious? Isn't the entirety of Starsector built around conflicting ideology?
The last sentence thusly seems very disconnected from the rest.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #308 on: June 15, 2020, 04:48:58 PM »

Patch 2.2.1

I. Changes
- Includes some OP recosts to make up for the heavy nerfs listed in the previous update.
- Should've done it then, but recosting everything meant rebuilding all of the variants too so that made me lazy.
- Increased RoF for Aurora Crown and Ticklish SEAD again, putting it somewhere in between the old RoF that caused massive slowdown from the number of flares discharged all at once and the terribly slow RoF from the past update. Also, made the RoF the same, so they can be used in tandem. Reduced their OP costs
- Slightly reduced Dreamland bomber OP cost since it now only deploys 1 torpedo
- Reduced OP cost for Shooting Stars, since they only ever get 4 shots now.
- Reduced OP costs for PD-only missiles, since they also have limited ammo now.
- Reworked all variants to consider these OP reductions.

II. Fixes
- Fixed an error reported by Smargoos, which seems to happen when a slot doesn't have a weapon (or never did - e.g. newly built ships).

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

By the way, Aria has its own modpage, so I invite all further discussions of that mod to do so there, thanks!

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #310 on: June 16, 2020, 07:29:16 AM »

Huh, I don't know if this is recent but I just noticed that the two Yuri capital ships aren't in either of the 3 blueprint packages.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 16, 2020, 08:23:57 AM »

Huh, I don't know if this is recent but I just noticed that the two Yuri capital ships aren't in either of the 3 blueprint packages.
Most capital ships aren't, even in vanilla.

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 16, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »

Ah, so you'd either have to find them, buy them, or scavenge them.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 16, 2020, 04:42:49 PM »

Ah yes, this was another new change in the recept update that I forgot about.  :P I removed the Shine Ray and Seraph Wing from the YRXP blueprints and set them to rare_bp (I believe this was the one that made them appear in their own individial bps). At one point, I was considering removing the Shine Ray and Seraph Wing from the Yuri list altogether and give them the same treatment as I was going to do for the Mech Infantry and their ships, but since I haven't gotten anywhere with that yet, I just left them as is.

faram45

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 17, 2020, 10:09:38 PM »

I know they're for balance changes.
But removed\deleted content makes me sad.  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39