Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290224 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Someone on discord noticed a hilarious exploit with Shine Ray's frigates (due to having a low "reload time").
Haha, oh my. :o

Strange, I'm pretty sure I destroy the weapon when the frigates spawn... I'm more suprised that it didn't crash, with how fiddly that bit of the code is with the effects.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile

Someone on discord noticed a hilarious exploit with Shine Ray's frigates (due to having a low "reload time").
Haha, oh my. :o

Strange, I'm pretty sure I destroy the weapon when the frigates spawn... I'm more suprised that it didn't crash, with how fiddly that bit of the code is with the effects.
Just tried it in sim with infinite ammo command. The weapon is still functional. The little "links" look destroyed, but since it's part of the main section, it's still works and upon reload the graphics of another pair of frigates appear behind the ship.

Maybe just change reload to 999 seconds?

On a separate note, what weapon pulls enemy ships, followed by a massive blast around 1 sec later? Found out the hard way, when my oddysey was pulled right into the enemy fleet and as a bonus the blast was technically happening "behind" my shield.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 04:20:26 PM by Shad »

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hey Creature, I don't think the Description for Minimal Armor package matches what it actually gives

When I tried putting it on my taweret battleship, it only increased the speed by 5 when the description says it should increase by 15 for capitals
Spoiler

[close]

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hey Creature, I don't think the Description for Minimal Armor package matches what it actually gives

When I tried putting it on my taweret battleship, it only increased the speed by 5 when the description says it should increase by 15 for capitals
Thank you for the bug report! Hmm, I took a look at the code just now and indeed the bonus should be set to 15 flat for capitals. I haven't tested it in game for a while now, but perhaps there is some other effect in play that is dampening this bonus?

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile

Thank you for the bug report! Hmm, I took a look at the code just now and indeed the bonus should be set to 15 flat for capitals. I haven't tested it in game for a while now, but perhaps there is some other effect in play that is dampening this bonus?

Not sure, I started a new game just to see if it was possibly something on my end but the same thing happened, it didn't give the full 15 increase.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Not sure, I started a new game just to see if it was possibly something on my end but the same thing happened, it didn't give the full 15 increase.
It's okay, thank you for the information! I'm starting to setup my tools again so I might start looking at the bug reports that have piled up over the months.

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

You could add this as one of the player flag options, or something not quite as eye-bleeding.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

You could add this as one of the player flag options, or something not quite as eye-bleeding.
Haha, sure!

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile

in relation to the tournament, im pretty sure there would be...certain people who would flip massive *** if Yuri were to ever be included lol, like with how Ill Advised Modifications was received by some.

Transuni

• Ensign
    • View Profile

we need blue ;) ;)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

we need blue ;) ;)
Funny you would say that! Hmm, I wonder...

Spoiler
[close]

Transuni

• Ensign
    • View Profile

no! i mead we need blue skin :D :D :D :D :D

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile

no! i mead we need blue skin :D :D :D :D :D
Pink in the superior color.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

A new mod is coming very soon!

And with it is a very significant change to YRXP missiles and how they play. I will outline the changes during the release, but until then, here are some teasers for what's to come!
"What's this?"
[close]

Notice how your graphics card might not need to work as hard anymore!
[close]

Almost all of my released mods will be seeing an update, so please bear with me as I have to update each thread one by one...! :(
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:27:08 AM by creature »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Major Update 2.2.0
Moderation

I. Missile Rework
  • As part of the release of my new mod, I have rebalanced both Yuri Expedition and Aria the Escalation to be somewhat on par with the new line of ships. Part of this is a change not just to the gameplay balance of YRXP, but also its impact to your hardware.
  • Removed auto-reload of all missiles (except Cherry Harvest)
  • In exchange, most missiles were given a reasonable stock of ammo for their cost
  • All missiles that fire fast and many projectiles at once have been given reduced fire rates and their burst size was limited. e.g. sparklers now only fire 3 missiles per salvo. Sprinters (large) fire 8. This is to reduce the burden on calculation and graphics.
  • Most missiles affected by the above change have been given greatly increased alpha. For sparklers, this means their DPS is effectively unchanged, despite losing half their salvo size.
  • All Yuri missiles were given much less HP, so PD will more easily shoot them down.
  • Added effect to Yuri Void Battle Doctrine: +100% missile ammo, but only if you have Flowers of the Snowfield (or do not have Commissioned Crews mod), and all missiles are Yuri-made.
  • Reduced fire rate for Aurora Crown and Ticklish SEAD
  • Removed burst fire for Hailstorm MLRS (all types) because the controlled burst mechanism is a bit janky, especially when used by the AI. Reduced rate of fire for type A, greatly reduced for B and C.

II. Ship Rework
  • Changed effect of the Ballistic Shield hullmod - now gives armor ONLY IN FRONT of the frigate. The rear armor will be very thin.
  • Reduced hullpoints, armor, flux capacity and dissipation across the board.
  • Increased supply consumption across the board

III. Interstellar Mall Changes
  • Revised how mall works: Now, your fleet automatically trades with planets in system, so you don't need to orbit around a planet. Imagine what is happening is that shuttles are going back and forth from your fleet and the planets themselves. Now you can earn with the ship mall without stopping the rest of your gameplay.
  • Reduced CR costs when Ship Mall activates

Edit:

IV. Addendum: Fighter Rebalance
  • Only remembered now and I forgot to note it down on my patchnotes, but is part of this update.
  • All fighters were given a reduced engagement range. It seemed to me that one area that makes the fighters a bit too effective is that most of them didn't have to enter PD range to attack. Now, most of them do.
  • All superfighters have been reduced to 1 fighter per wing.
  • As for the Valkyrie FA, I am also planning on removing it from the LPC list and put it somewhere special, like an HVB (so you can only have like 1-2 of it). For the moment, it still remains as an LPC.
  • The dreamland bomber now only launches 1 torpedo. Alpha damage of this 1 torpedo has been increased.
  • Changed the Dreamland Fighter Bombers - they now each carry a pair of Glimmering Petal spread torpedoes
  • Removed the homing lasers from the Valkyrie J interceptor. They were pretty annoying and did very little damage anyway.
  • All fighter missiles have also been given similar treatment as the missile rebalance above.
  • I am currently planning of removing the Moon Rabbit Invasion Ship and Starflower Assault Dropship from the Yuri ship list, including the Yuri Mechanized line. I am thinking of doing the same treatment as with the Valkyrie FA - maybe add some special ones as faction starters, or add them to the HVBs. Either way, it would eventually become impossible to buy either ship or Yuri Mechanized LPCs. This change is to consolidate the Mech line to Aria, and keep YRXP's focus to planes.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 10:53:16 PM by creature »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39